First Timer: Are eShop games worth it?

#1jim200Posted 3/2/2013 9:48:38 PM(edited)
Some that come to mind as good ones are Liberation Maiden and Denpa Men

I'm also looking into Pushmo and Crashmo, but they seem like small games with one way to play that aren't exactly full games. Now don't get me wrong they might be they just seem like it from the eShop videos they give on them. Like you push blocks together and away from each other and switch them that doesn't seem like it'll last long. Or will it? Is it worth the price?

Then there are other games that seem more fleshed out like Dillon's Rolling Western.
It looks good I love tower defense especially when you control your units but from you guys who have experience with it is it worth the price?

And if so, what are other eShop gems?

I'm mainly interested in original titles. Link's Awakening DX while very good, I've played before and most likely have played 95% of what's on the virtual console already.

Thank you!
---
Thinking Is Destructive
PSN: Jemi200 ::: 3DS FC: 5129-0276-3428 Name: Jemi
#2Zero_ManiacPosted 3/2/2013 9:18:59 PM
Some of the VC titles are good. I'd recommend Link's Awakening DX.
---
PSN: Zero_Maniac623
#3Darkstorm16Posted 3/2/2013 9:29:41 PM
Actually there's quite a few eshop games I personally think are worth it, I have yet to regret the purchases of these fine titles:
VVVVV
Mutant Mudds
Mighty Switch Force!
Pushmo (really worth it)
The Legend of Zelda Link's Awakening DX
Mario Picross
Metroid II: The Return of Samus
Super Mario Land
Super Mario Land 2
Super Mario Bros.
The Legend of Zelda
Mega Man 2
Metroid

I had experience with on the original systems but don't own anymore and need to get them:
Game & Watch Gallery
Game & Watch Gallery 2
Mole Mania
Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3
Quarth
---
Own a Vita, you're a troll, own a 3ds, you're a fanboy, own an IOS device, you have no opinion...tis the curse on these boards.
#4Mega_RatPosted 3/2/2013 9:57:35 PM(edited)
Cave Story 3D
Ketzel's Corridor
Mighty Switch Force
Fractured Soul (On sale for $7.99 right now, GET IT! Original price is $11.99)
Mutant Mudds
Zen Pinball (normal and Marvel edition)
Gunman Clive (ONLY $2!)
The Denpa Men
Liberation Maiden
Fludity: Spin Cycle
Nighty Sky
Pushmo or Crashmo
Dillion's Rolling Western
Sakura Samurai
3D Classics: Twinbee
3D Classics: Kirby's Adventure
VVVVVV

Probably way more.
---
My wonderful girlfriend is a smexy Bunuppy! A cross breed of a bunny and a puppy .. WHAT! O_O
http://i.imgur.com/nddzs.jpg <- My name in a game (MSFHD)! :D
#5jim200(Topic Creator)Posted 3/2/2013 9:48:18 PM
I shall edit my original post and talk about it in this post:

I'm mainly interested in original titles. Link's Awakening DX while very good, I've played before and most likely have played 95% of what's on the virtual console already.

So 3rd poster can you tell me which of those are 3DS eShop original titles? Can be multiplatform.
---
Thinking Is Destructive
PSN: Jemi200 ::: 3DS FC: 5129-0276-3428 Name: Jemi
#6Darkstorm16Posted 3/2/2013 9:51:57 PM
Eshop games:
VVVVV
Mutant Mudds
Mighty Switch Force!
Pushmo (really worth it)
3D Classics: TwinBee

Plus a few that interest me:
Sakura Samurai: Art of the Sword
3D Classics: Kirby's Adventure
Dillon's Rolling Western
Cave Story
Night Sky
Unchained Blades
---
Own a Vita, you're a troll, own a 3ds, you're a fanboy, own an IOS device, you have no opinion...tis the curse on these boards.
#7Mega_RatPosted 3/2/2013 9:55:48 PM
jim200 posted...
I shall edit my original post and talk about it in this post:

So 3rd poster can you tell me which of those are 3DS eShop original titles? Can be multiplatform.

All of mine, except Night Sky (cn get on PC, Cave Story (free on PC), and VVVVVV (on PC) are pretty much exclusives.
---
My wonderful girlfriend is a smexy Bunuppy! A cross breed of a bunny and a puppy .. WHAT! O_O
http://i.imgur.com/nddzs.jpg <- My name in a game (MSFHD)! :D