I'm thinking about cancling my preorder of Castlevania

#11Maxx_the_SlashPosted 3/3/2013 5:32:26 PM(edited)
I don't know if my reasons for not wanting this 3DS Castlevania game are petty or not compared to this one, but the reasons I personally don't want this is because:

1. I don't want a non-Metroidvania Castlevania game (I'd rather have a stale Metroidvania game over one that has absolutely no character development/progression, essentially a return to the boring style of the NES games combined with the exploration of a Metroidvamia styld game).

2. What the ****ing hell did they do to Simon Belmont? Why is he a god damn savage barbarian? He looks like he's in the early stages of transforming into a werewolf. He looks like a Lycan from the Underworld movies when they're in their human forms. Or like the Savage from Heroes of Ruin. He used to look AND ACT like a respectable human being. Why did they ruin the franchise's greatest hero?

The graphics look great and it's great to have 2D Castlevania game with 3D character models instead of sprites, but if I can't develop it's playable character(s) like I've been able to since Symphony of the Night, then **** the game.

mjc0961 posted...
I'm thinking about posting a "cool story bro" image in response.

Seriously, why do any of you people think the rest of us give a s*** about what you're buying and not buying? Go get a facebook page already.

The reason this site has a forum like this is so that people can do exactly what you just implied you resent.
---
Opie & Anthony | Ron & Fez, XM 105/Sirius 206
XBL: Maxx the Slash | PSN: Maxx_the_Slash | 3DS: 3222-5637-7984 | Wii U: Maxx_the_Slash
#12bcorneliaPosted 3/3/2013 5:38:06 PM
Maxx_the_Slash posted...
The reason this site has a forum like this is so that people can do exactly what you just implied you resent.

Likewise that dude is equally allowed to complain about threads that he may find inane.

I don't get the preorder crowd myself. Why put money down on games that you have very little info about?
---
This is an elite pirate
#13TaijutsuJoshuaPosted 3/3/2013 5:46:31 PM
bcornelia posted...
I don't get the preorder crowd myself. Why put money down on games that you have very little info about?

Same question I asked. I see preordering as if I'm owning the game right then and there. That being said, I'd have to know pretty much everything about it-- gameplay, critic reviews, user reviews, possibly demos...
---
PSN: Xyler_Stone09
3DS FC: 4871-3749-9558
#14Darkstorm16Posted 3/3/2013 5:58:56 PM
Well I'm a man of few words........bye

jp xD. Honestly the last castlevania i played was the Adventure one for the gb and although the crappy reviews i enjoyed it. The thing on here they claim is the frame rate....honestly I dont get why people are complaining about frame rates, you cant have outstanding framerate and 3d for a handheld u less you want a console or something as powerful as a console. Should be grateful we get games. That being said the frame rate does not take away from the fun i had. I felt so much like a badass and it felt great. Although now i want to get into the older ones too.
---
Own a Vita, you're a troll, own a 3ds, you're a fanboy, own an IOS device, you have no opinion...tis the curse on these boards.
#1590sRetroGamingPosted 3/3/2013 6:05:22 PM
bcornelia posted...
Maxx_the_Slash posted...

Likewise that dude is equally allowed to complain about threads that he may find inane.

And he can equally not click the topic if he knows he's gonna have a problem with it. why waste your time to b**** if you KNOW you're gonna hate the thread?.
---
"OldSchoolGaming4Life" on YT/"90sRetroGaming" on mariokartwii.com
#16bcorneliaPosted 3/3/2013 6:08:10 PM
90sRetroGaming posted...
bcornelia posted...
Maxx_the_Slash posted...

And he can equally not click the topic if he knows he's gonna have a problem with it. why waste your time to b**** if you KNOW you're gonna hate the thread?.

Because he wants to speak his mind and there are no consequences for doing so? Don't be thick.
---
This is an elite pirate
#1790sRetroGamingPosted 3/3/2013 6:12:37 PM
bcornelia posted...
90sRetroGaming posted...
bcornelia posted...
Maxx_the_Slash posted...

Because he wants to speak his mind and there are no consequences for doing so? Don't be thick.

It's not about being "thick". it's about looking stupid by clicking a thread you have no intention of being useful in. "he doesn't care" yet he clicked.. yeah.. real smart there.
---
"OldSchoolGaming4Life" on YT/"90sRetroGaming" on mariokartwii.com
#18Maxx_the_SlashPosted 3/3/2013 6:14:16 PM
bcornelia posted...
90sRetroGaming posted...
bcornelia posted...
Maxx_the_Slash posted...

Maybe this will end the back-and-forth: If he has the right to speak out against these topics, than other people have the right to make those topics so that he can keep speaking out against them.

The end.
---
Opie & Anthony | Ron & Fez, XM 105/Sirius 206
XBL: Maxx the Slash | PSN: Maxx_the_Slash | 3DS: 3222-5637-7984 | Wii U: Maxx_the_Slash
#19TaijutsuJoshuaPosted 3/3/2013 6:16:05 PM
Maxx_the_Slash posted...
bcornelia posted...
90sRetroGaming posted...
bcornelia posted...
Maxx_the_Slash posted...

Maybe this will end the back-and-forth: If he has the right to speak out against these topics, than other people have the right to make those topics so that he can keep speaking out against them.

The end.

9999 damage
---
PSN: Xyler_Stone09
3DS FC: 4871-3749-9558
#20bcorneliaPosted 3/3/2013 6:20:15 PM(edited)
Maxx_the_Slash posted...

The end.

This is a given, though.

90sRetroGaming posted...
It's not about being "thick". it's about looking stupid by clicking a thread you have no intention of being useful in. "he doesn't care" yet he clicked.. yeah.. real smart there.

You're not really one to talk considering that you're looking pretty silly getting all mad about it.
---
This is an elite pirate