Etrian Odyssey IV is very good.

#11MMaestroPosted 3/3/2013 4:15:35 PM
Ulyaoth74 posted...
Spent 10 min trying to get past him running back and forth until I aggroed him and and he one shot all of my party members because it wouldn't let me run away

The baboon in the first dungeon doesn't aggro.
#12DynamicJumpIuffPosted 3/3/2013 4:17:54 PM
Nothing more satisfying than the first time you can reliably auto battle a bear.

Soloing the 4th Stratum boss on autobattle is even more satisfying.

Took freaking forever and luck was a HUGE factor.
---
The official Lilim of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
"I thank you for arousing me" - Beruga, Terranigma
#13stonio99Posted 3/3/2013 4:19:24 PM
I played the first two and liked them. Probably not going to play this one until its under $20. I assume its a lot more of the same?
---
Everyone has to have a taint. It's anatomically required.
~Vork - "The Guild"
#14HalecticPosted 3/3/2013 5:40:22 PM
Except you probably wont find any soon, EO games usually only get one shipment and nothing more
---
Digimon World Dawn FC 000111545835
#15G1ingyPosted 3/3/2013 5:45:05 PM(edited)
Ulyaoth74 posted...
I played the demo and it was possibly one of the worst experiences in a game I've ever played.

It took me 30 min of dicking around making a party and talking to people before it actually put me into combat. That's a terrible design for a demo I think.

Then the horrible grid travel system (while the scenery and graphics are amazing though), and they want you to draw your own map? Lol no. The combat was fun though, but after the first fight they put a huge monkey in my way and said wait till he goes away to pass him. Well it was almost impossible, every time I neared the exit he came close to me. Spent 10 min trying to get past him running back and forth until I aggroed him and and he one shot all of my party members because it wouldn't let me run away..

WTF was that? That is the game everyone likes?

Wait...the baboon was supposed to be easy to avoid...they walk a set path, and you can see where they are in your map.

If previous games are any indication, later ones are smart enough to corner or chase you down.
#16Justice98405Posted 3/3/2013 5:58:40 PM
"Except you probably wont find any soon, EO games usually only get one shipment and nothing more"

Thinking this might be the case was part of why I bought mine day one on Amazon, should be here any day.
I bought Code of Princess and a few other games right away just in case they became hard to find later on. Xenoblade Chronicles, The Last Story, Fire Emblem: Awakening.
---
To the mattresses.
PSN: Justice_98405, Xbox Live: Justice98405
#17Gogo726Posted 3/3/2013 6:04:32 PM
Justice98405 posted...
"Except you probably wont find any soon, EO games usually only get one shipment and nothing more"

Thinking this might be the case was part of why I bought mine day one on Amazon, should be here any day.
I bought Code of Princess and a few other games right away just in case they became hard to find later on. Xenoblade Chronicles, The Last Story, Fire Emblem: Awakening.

And I'm predicting Pandora's Tower might be another rare one.
---
Jackass Thompson doesn't approve of Wii Music. He's on a crusade to put an end to sax and violins in games
#18Justice98405Posted 3/3/2013 6:06:54 PM
"And I'm predicting Pandora's Tower might be another rare one."

I agree, I'm gonna try to buy that day one as well. I'm wondering how rare the PS3 Director's Cut of Deadly Premonition will be as well?
---
To the mattresses.
PSN: Justice_98405, Xbox Live: Justice98405
#19ferofaxPosted 3/3/2013 6:25:40 PM(edited)
Ulyaoth74 posted...
I played the demo and it was possibly one of the worst experiences in a game I've ever played.

-snip-

Yes, this is the game that everybody likes, because it wipes the floor with everybody, especially noobs that complain about long-established game mechanics.

Also, if the grid system didn't exist in this thing, imagine how hard it would be to avoid FOEs that goes diagonal towards you, instead of being themselves restricted to grid movements. Your party will probably be plastered all over the place by the time you are strong enough to kill that one FOE you can't evade because it goes diagonal because somebody didn't like the grid system.
---
pardon if my posts suck, i post by tapping on the handset button on a one-way analog handset. i saw Hannibal Lecter do it.
#20BatenKait0sPosted 3/3/2013 7:30:08 PM
Agreed, the game is outstanding.

Also....did you not watch the movement of the baboon? Easily avoidable.
---
Currently playing:
Etrian Odyssey IV (3DS); Final Fantasy IX (PSP); Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage (PS)