is there any way to "back up" your pokemon from black?

#1ManuKesnaPosted 3/3/2013 3:23:56 PM
I want to start a new game but dont want to lose my pokemon
---
PSN: Manu-Kesna
GT: ManuKesna
#2BeeteyPosted 3/3/2013 3:28:35 PM
I don't think we know for sure yet, but it is very likely that it will have some way to transfer.
#3El_DustinoPosted 3/3/2013 3:30:54 PM
You basically need new game. :/
---
The two most beautiful words in any language: I forgive.
#421_21Posted 3/3/2013 3:35:40 PM
That's the thing, though. How come Pokemon games never had more than one file in a cartridge?
---
Currently playing:
999, Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Fire Emblem: Awakening, and Scribblenauts Unlimited
#5BeeteyPosted 3/3/2013 3:41:25 PM
Beetey posted...
I don't think we know for sure yet, but it is very likely that it will have some way to transfer.

Oops, could've sworn I was on the X board.
#6Starwars4JPosted 3/3/2013 3:42:25 PM
21_21 posted...
That's the thing, though. How come Pokemon games never had more than one file in a cartridge?

Because Pokemon games and save files take large amounts of space. Consider what needs to be saved on a Pokemon save file as compared to that of a normal game.
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#7El_DustinoPosted 3/3/2013 3:51:00 PM
Starwars4J posted...
21_21 posted...

Because Pokemon games and save files take large amounts of space. Consider what needs to be saved on a Pokemon save file as compared to that of a normal game.

That is so not the reason, I am sure it is because they want you to buy more games. :/
---
The two most beautiful words in any language: I forgive.
#8Starwars4JPosted 3/3/2013 4:05:55 PM
El_Dustino posted...
That is so not the reason, I am sure it is because they want you to buy more games. :/

They want you to buy different versions of one game, not multiples of the same game. If you had any idea of what you're talking about you'd know that Pokemon save files typically are larger than most other game save files. And the logic is sound, it has to keep track of much more than you do in most other games.

Please, if you're going to tell someone that they're wrong, you should have actual proof to back yourself up. Otherwise you'd end up looking...like this.
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#9CurryfiendPosted 3/3/2013 4:19:49 PM
Please, if you're going to tell someone that they're wrong, you should have actual proof to back yourself up. Otherwise you'd end up looking...like this.

Well right now you're telling someone that they're wrong but you haven't shown any proof.
---
Don't hate me because I'm beautiful ~ f00had
http://i46.tinypic.com/2zg87ds.jpg
#10rahxephon122Posted 3/3/2013 4:20:58 PM
Starwars4J posted...
El_Dustino posted...

They want you to buy different versions of one game, not multiples of the same game. If you had any idea of what you're talking about you'd know that Pokemon save files typically are larger than most other game save files. And the logic is sound, it has to keep track of much more than you do in most other games.

I can remember Pokemon Coloseum taking up a whole standard GameCube Memory card, so yeah, the save files are very large.
Not to mention that Black can store a lot more pokemon in the PC than Coloseum can so that's even more data required.
---
Ich habe keinen Meister bis auf den Wind der Freiheit!