is there any way to "back up" your pokemon from black?

#11Black_AssassinPosted 3/3/2013 4:26:47 PM
Yeah, the save files look absolutely gigantic (512K):
http://www.gamefaqs.com/ds/661226-pokemon-black-version-2/saves

In comparison, a game with 3 save slots:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/ds/625210-shin-megami-tensei-devil-survivor-2/saves

3*256 > 1*512

Also the game itself is 256 MB, so the save files are miniscule in comparison.
#12JOANMOCOPosted 3/3/2013 4:30:18 PM
Use ir-gts-bw to backup your pokemon in your computer.
#13El_DustinoPosted 3/3/2013 5:14:58 PM(edited)
Starwars4J posted...
El_Dustino posted...
That is so not the reason, I am sure it is because they want you to buy more games. :/

They want you to buy different versions of one game, not multiples of the same game. If you had any idea of what you're talking about you'd know that Pokemon save files typically are larger than most other game save files. And the logic is sound, it has to keep track of much more than you do in most other games.

Please, if you're going to tell someone that they're wrong, you should have actual proof to back yourself up. Otherwise you'd end up looking...like this.

At least I do not end up looking like a jerk, when I made a statement that was not all THAT serious, hence the unsure emote.

Though I do not really think the size is an issue. How big of carts do the Pokemon games actually use? SMT has just as many creatures, and has a ton of save slots, so I do not see why Pokemon is any different.

EDI: Oh, a poster above answered my question, and proved my point as well, more or less. Thank you, I missed your post.
---
The two most beautiful words in any language: I forgive.
#14VivaLaRazaLHPosted 3/3/2013 5:16:45 PM
Starwars4J posted...
El_Dustino posted...
That is so not the reason, I am sure it is because they want you to buy more games. :/

They want you to buy different versions of one game, not multiples of the same game. If you had any idea of what you're talking about you'd know that Pokemon save files typically are larger than most other game save files. And the logic is sound, it has to keep track of much more than you do in most other games.

Please, if you're going to tell someone that they're wrong, you should have actual proof to back yourself up. Otherwise you'd end up looking...like this.

LOL. Says the idiot who was proven wrong. Nice one, jerk. Go try to act tough around your imaginary friends instead.
#15SMASHKING84Posted 3/3/2013 5:22:30 PM
Game genie ds can if you mean save file back ups.
---
Jirachi is the best pokemon
Welcome to my barbecue-kefka ffvi
#16El_DustinoPosted 3/3/2013 6:54:37 PM
VivaLaRazaLH posted...
Starwars4J posted...
El_Dustino posted...

LOL. Says the idiot who was proven wrong. Nice one, jerk. Go try to act tough around your imaginary friends instead.

Yeah, that is something...

Hmm, wasn't there a GC game/thing that could store like 1000+ Pokemon on it? It would be pretty cool if something like that could be released again, but obviously bigger, and not costing too much.
---
#17ManuKesna(Topic Creator)Posted 3/3/2013 7:00:18 PM
damn :(
---
PSN: Manu-Kesna
GT: ManuKesna
#18El_DustinoPosted 3/3/2013 7:07:56 PM
ManuKesna posted...
damn :(

Sorry pal. :/ Getting the opposite copy of the game could help, I suppose, and give you the exclusives.
---
#19rahxephon122Posted 3/3/2013 7:30:20 PM
Black_Assassin posted...

3*256 > 1*512

You're missing a key point, pal.
So what you're saying is, Pokemon's ONE save file is larger than ONE of the SMT files. However all THREE of SMT's combined saves are larger than Pokemon's ONE save.

If Pokemon had TWO saves, it would be larger than SMT's THREE combined.
That kinda makes your argument a little invalid.

Also, I doubt SMT's demons have nearly as many values as Pokemon do. Each Pokemon has EVs, IVs, OTs, SIDs, ect to record. SMTs demons don't have those values and definitely take up less space.
---
Ich habe keinen Meister bis auf den Wind der Freiheit!
#20ferofaxPosted 3/3/2013 8:15:55 PM(edited)
El_Dustino posted...
Starwars4J posted...
21_21 posted...
That's the thing, though. How come Pokemon games never had more than one file in a cartridge?

Because Pokemon games and save files take large amounts of space. Consider what needs to be saved on a Pokemon save file as compared to that of a normal game.

Yeah? Well, why does it take so long to save then? It takes longer as you go along as well. Not sure about BW and BW2, but I'm pretty sure it takes a while to save on the previous DS titles. It's definitely not because of slow write speeds, but that massive amounts of data being written, plus writing the redundancy backup save (when you get your save corrupted, you'll be happy this exists).

Black_Assassin posted...

3*256 > 1*512

A game cart only creates one save file. That save file may or may not contain multiple save slots, depending on the game. Therefore, 3*256 doesn't apply. It's just 256 split into 3 (or 4) inside the game.

---
pardon if my posts suck, i post by tapping on the handset button on a one-way analog handset. i saw Hannibal Lecter do it.