I really want a green or black 3DS XL

#1Awesomely Awesome AJPosted 3/3/2013 4:02:37 PM
My little brother just got a XL and I can say that it's hard to go back to my normal 3Ds after using that one. Suddenly things that never bothered me about my 3DS start to annoy me. The fingerprints, the size, the stylus placement, and the corners of the system not being rounded.

I don't have the money for a XL but as soon as they release a black one or a green/black system. I'm swiping the credit card. Why can't we have nice things like Europe and Japan?? Why won't they let me foolishly give them money that I do not have? Maybe they are doing it to save me from making a purchase I know I cannot afford. Thank you Nintendo of America....I guess.
---
3DS 1160-9716-6904 Gamer Tag: AwesomeAJ x8
http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/heaven.gif?w=504&h=285
#2FieldTornOutlawPosted 3/3/2013 4:05:19 PM
I just got a blue/black for Christmas. I'd buy a second XL if there was a black/black or some other solid color options.
---
3DS FC: 1306-5162-1328
#3JavasharkPosted 3/3/2013 4:24:22 PM
I would defintly buys 3ds XL if it was green but I may just have to settle with a blue xl
#4warlord3Posted 3/3/2013 4:28:01 PM
I wanted the black/black until I saw it, bought a blue/black one instead. A 3rd party company makes replacement shells for the 3DS in a variety of colors if I remember correctly.
---
Think of Clevos as being what Mac owners think they have. - Exiled_Overseer
#5Awesomely Awesome AJ(Topic Creator)Posted 3/3/2013 4:51:17 PM
warlord3 posted...
I wanted the black/black until I saw it, bought a blue/black one instead. A 3rd party company makes replacement shells for the 3DS in a variety of colors if I remember correctly.

Wouldn't that void the warranty? Also do you know the degree of difficulty of replacing the shells? I can barely put legos together, let alone take apart my 3DS
---
3DS 1160-9716-6904 Gamer Tag: AwesomeAJ x8
http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/heaven.gif?w=504&h=285
#6TaijutsuJoshuaPosted 3/3/2013 4:53:46 PM
Awesomely Awesome AJ posted...
My little brother just got a XL and I can say that it's hard to go back to my normal 3Ds after using that one. Suddenly things that never bothered me about my 3DS start to annoy me. The fingerprints, the size, the stylus placement, and the corners of the system not being rounded.

I don't have the money for a XL but as soon as they release a black one or a green/black system. I'm swiping the credit card. Why can't we have nice things like Europe and Japan?? Why won't they let me foolishly give them money that I do not have? Maybe they are doing it to save me from making a purchase I know I cannot afford. Thank you Nintendo of America....I guess.

My biggest problem with the original 3DS right now.
---
PSN: Xyler_Stone09
3DS FC: 4871-3749-9558
#7warlord3Posted 3/3/2013 4:59:05 PM
Awesomely Awesome AJ posted...
warlord3 posted...

Wouldn't that void the warranty? Also do you know the degree of difficulty of replacing the shells? I can barely put legos together, let alone take apart my 3DS

No because I think what I saw was the metal hard shell case. If you don't have the skill to operate Lego bricks you may want to skip the 3DS. I'm picturing someone slamming the 3DS box on a big rock screaming "Why won't you open!", if you do that stick it on youtube and post a link.
---
#8xenos74Posted 3/3/2013 5:07:11 PM
Held out on pre ordering Luigis Mansion Dark Moon after some users on here put the idea in my head about a possible green 3ds XL bundle. This being the "year of Luigi" it would of been a perfect time for this, but ah its most likely just a dream
#9warlord3Posted 3/3/2013 5:14:46 PM
I doubt their is a new color coming this month, I think they would have mentioned something by now. However, if you buy a 3DS XL and Luigi's Mansion 2 this month you get a free 3DS game from the eshop (Super Mario 3D Land, Star Fox, Art Academy, Scribblenauts, and Professor something are the choices I believe).
---
#10Janus151Posted 3/3/2013 9:52:07 PM
Seriously...I'm also holding out for an all-black 3DS XL...

but it's not actually that bad, I know they announced the Fire Emblem cobalt blue bundle only 2 weeks before it came out.

They also mentioned the pink/white 3DS XL the same week when they made it official 2 weeks ago.

Therefore I have high hopes that nintendo will announce both the Black 3DS XL and the Circle Pad Pro within the week or so, in time for Monster Hunter.
*Crosses fingers*