Thinking on getting a 3DS tomorrow

#1Ruzz9Posted 3/3/2013 4:23:29 PM
Which model should I get? I avoided getting a 3DS for a while due to lack of games but I got some excess money to spend after my latest check and want to check out some good titles and RPGs if possible. Is getting a 3DS a worthwhile investment? I've been playing mobile games on my iPhone 5 and iPad 4 more than I'd like lately and no games are really deep only freemium type casual cash shop games.
---
Steam/XBL/PSN: RichRuzz
#2warlord3Posted 3/3/2013 4:32:19 PM
The XL, and Fire Emblem. You can buy it off the eshop if you want to try the demo before you drop $40.
---
Think of Clevos as being what Mac owners think they have. - Exiled_Overseer
#3setymanPosted 3/3/2013 4:33:36 PM
warlord3 posted...
The XL, and Fire Emblem. You can buy it off the eshop if you want to try the demo before you drop $40.

---
3DS FC: 1375 - 7550 - 5688
#4Ruzz9(Topic Creator)Posted 3/3/2013 5:15:41 PM
How is the battery life on these things? :P
---
#5FieldTornOutlawPosted 3/3/2013 5:22:22 PM
Depends if you leave the wifi on, the 3d on all the time etc...

I seem to get about 5ish hours. I play with the 3D on most of the time, and the wifi on once in a while for updates, Swapnote. I usually leave the system in standby (with the lid closed and wifi on during the day for StreetPass, etc).
---
3DS FC: 1306-5162-1328
#6Ruzz9(Topic Creator)Posted 3/3/2013 5:26:09 PM
Would you say it's pretty worthwhile to get one? I haven't had a portable system in a loooong looong time due to primarily iPhone/iPad gaming on the go.
---
#7TaijutsuJoshuaPosted 3/3/2013 5:28:15 PM
Ruzz9 posted...
Would you say it's pretty worthwhile to get one? I haven't had a portable system in a loooong looong time due to primarily iPhone/iPad gaming on the go.

I got my 3DS Wednesday.

I really liked the game library, there's a good number of games I'd like to get my hands on, and the Pokemon X/Y announcement gives that feeling that bigger companies are willing to make more games for it.

So I'd say it'd be worthwhile.
---
PSN: Xyler_Stone09
3DS FC: 4871-3749-9558
#8Ruzz9(Topic Creator)Posted 3/3/2013 5:29:50 PM
Yeah, I'm newly 25 years old myself and the new Pokemon game definitely intrigues me to go back to my Red/Silver roots and play. (hopefully there isn't hacking if it has online) Also I remember the DS having really good obscure RPGs is it same with the 3DS?
---
#9FieldTornOutlawPosted 3/3/2013 5:36:14 PM
I was the same way, I hadn't had a handheld for 5ish years.

I think it's awesome. I got an XL for Christmas, and since, I've picked up all the Layton games, Paper Mario Sticker Star, Resident Evil: Revelations (awesome btw), Fire Emblem Awakening (best in class SRPG) and a few others.

Lots of good titles.

Can't really speak to other RPG's on the system, but there's EOIV that just came out. I think there's a SMT out or coming out. New Castlevania in a couple of days. Luigi's Mansion 2, Animal Crossing this summer, Pokemon X/Y this fall..

Lots of good titles for the 3DS these days.

Also, if you are a fan of Luigi's Mansion, there is this promotion. I missed it because I registered back in January. And if you aren't a Luigi's Mansion guy, feel free to shoot me the 3ds xl club nintendo code you get. Haha...

http://club2.nintendo.com/3ds-xl-promo/
---
3DS FC: 1306-5162-1328
#10TaijutsuJoshuaPosted 3/3/2013 5:41:24 PM
Ruzz9 posted...
Yeah, I'm newly 25 years old myself and the new Pokemon game definitely intrigues me to go back to my Red/Silver roots and play. (hopefully there isn't hacking if it has online) Also I remember the DS having really good obscure RPGs is it same with the 3DS?

Yeah, I'd say so. I'm a big RPG fan, so that was my primary reason to get the original DS.
Obscure RPGs, though, hmm... not too sure seeing as I got my 3DS wednesday.
---
PSN: Xyler_Stone09
3DS FC: 4871-3749-9558