Thinking on getting a 3DS tomorrow

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Thinking on getting a 3DS tomorrow

User Info: Ruzz9

Ruzz9
3 years ago#1
Which model should I get? I avoided getting a 3DS for a while due to lack of games but I got some excess money to spend after my latest check and want to check out some good titles and RPGs if possible. Is getting a 3DS a worthwhile investment? I've been playing mobile games on my iPhone 5 and iPad 4 more than I'd like lately and no games are really deep only freemium type casual cash shop games.
Steam/XBL/PSN: RichRuzz

User Info: warlord78

warlord78
3 years ago#2
The XL, and Fire Emblem. You can buy it off the eshop if you want to try the demo before you drop $40.
Think of Clevos as being what Mac owners think they have. - Exiled_Overseer

User Info: setyman

setyman
3 years ago#3
warlord3 posted...
The XL, and Fire Emblem. You can buy it off the eshop if you want to try the demo before you drop $40.
3DS FC: 1375 - 7550 - 5688

Ruzz9
3 years ago#4
How is the battery life on these things? :P

User Info: FieldTornOutlaw

FieldTornOutlaw
3 years ago#5
Depends if you leave the wifi on, the 3d on all the time etc...

I seem to get about 5ish hours. I play with the 3D on most of the time, and the wifi on once in a while for updates, Swapnote. I usually leave the system in standby (with the lid closed and wifi on during the day for StreetPass, etc).
3DS FC: 1306-5162-1328

Ruzz9
3 years ago#6
Would you say it's pretty worthwhile to get one? I haven't had a portable system in a loooong looong time due to primarily iPhone/iPad gaming on the go.

User Info: TaijutsuJoshua

TaijutsuJoshua
3 years ago#7
Ruzz9 posted...
Would you say it's pretty worthwhile to get one? I haven't had a portable system in a loooong looong time due to primarily iPhone/iPad gaming on the go.

I got my 3DS Wednesday.

I really liked the game library, there's a good number of games I'd like to get my hands on, and the Pokemon X/Y announcement gives that feeling that bigger companies are willing to make more games for it.

So I'd say it'd be worthwhile.
PSN: Xyler_Stone09
3DS FC: 4871-3749-9558

Ruzz9
3 years ago#8
Yeah, I'm newly 25 years old myself and the new Pokemon game definitely intrigues me to go back to my Red/Silver roots and play. (hopefully there isn't hacking if it has online) Also I remember the DS having really good obscure RPGs is it same with the 3DS?

User Info: FieldTornOutlaw

FieldTornOutlaw
3 years ago#9
I was the same way, I hadn't had a handheld for 5ish years.

I think it's awesome. I got an XL for Christmas, and since, I've picked up all the Layton games, Paper Mario Sticker Star, Resident Evil: Revelations (awesome btw), Fire Emblem Awakening (best in class SRPG) and a few others.

Lots of good titles.

Can't really speak to other RPG's on the system, but there's EOIV that just came out. I think there's a SMT out or coming out. New Castlevania in a couple of days. Luigi's Mansion 2, Animal Crossing this summer, Pokemon X/Y this fall..

Lots of good titles for the 3DS these days.

Also, if you are a fan of Luigi's Mansion, there is this promotion. I missed it because I registered back in January. And if you aren't a Luigi's Mansion guy, feel free to shoot me the 3ds xl club nintendo code you get. Haha...

http://club2.nintendo.com/3ds-xl-promo/
3DS FC: 1306-5162-1328

User Info: TaijutsuJoshua

TaijutsuJoshua
3 years ago#10
Ruzz9 posted...
Yeah, I'm newly 25 years old myself and the new Pokemon game definitely intrigues me to go back to my Red/Silver roots and play. (hopefully there isn't hacking if it has online) Also I remember the DS having really good obscure RPGs is it same with the 3DS?

Yeah, I'd say so. I'm a big RPG fan, so that was my primary reason to get the original DS.
Obscure RPGs, though, hmm... not too sure seeing as I got my 3DS wednesday.
PSN: Xyler_Stone09
3DS FC: 4871-3749-9558
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Thinking on getting a 3DS tomorrow

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived