Thinking on getting a 3DS tomorrow

#11Solid_SOAPPosted 3/3/2013 6:11:52 PM
If you wanna start off with some good, worthwhile games, get Fire Emblem: Awakening and Kid Icarus: Uprising. They're the most dense games i own, with tons of replay ability, high production values, great characters and voice acting, and just the most fun and deep gameplay. Ocarina 3D would also be a good buy if you've never played it or haven't in a while, there are plenty of updates to it and it's just a timeless game that likely won't stop being fun to play. I'd also recommend Resident Evil: Revelations if you don't have a modern console like 360, PS3, or Wii U. Great game, but the console versions will likely be better.
#12Ruzz9(Topic Creator)Posted 3/3/2013 6:29:19 PM
I'll definitely grab Fire Emblem and Kid Icarus if I did.. how is Etrian Odyssey? (spelling)
---
Steam/XBL/PSN: RichRuzz
#13vu_cometPosted 3/3/2013 6:53:54 PM
Ruzz9 posted...
I'll definitely grab Fire Emblem and Kid Icarus if I did.. how is Etrian Odyssey? (spelling)

I bought my 3DS the end of January, mostly just to play Fire Emblem. However, there are more great games out there besides Fire Emblem, and I'm very much looking forward to the new Animal Crossing game that will be out within a few months.
---
With your bad back, I don't think you should be picking up any girls.
I went ice fishing the other day and all I caught was a cold.
#14FieldTornOutlawPosted 3/3/2013 6:54:22 PM
Ruzz9 posted...

No clue about EO. There is a demo of that on the eshop that let's you roll your save into the main game though.

Fire Emblem and Kid Icarus are awesome though. I barely just started Kid Icarus.
---
3DS FC: 1306-5162-1328
#15lifeline81Posted 3/3/2013 6:59:28 PM
http://club2.nintendo.com/3ds-xl-promo/

There is a promo on the XL that nets you a free game.
---
Drippy: "This is why they say never work with children!" (Ni no Kuni)
PSN: BlueHippo12 - Playing: Sly 4, Ni no Kuni, Skyrim.
#16Ruzz9(Topic Creator)Posted 3/4/2013 10:42:46 AM
Is there titles with online play? None of my friends IRL are gamers and I doubt I'd find anyone in person to play multiplayer on games and this would be a big factor to me.
---
#17FieldTornOutlawPosted 3/4/2013 3:13:27 PM
Ruzz9 posted...
Is there titles with online play? None of my friends IRL are gamers and I doubt I'd find anyone in person to play multiplayer on games and this would be a big factor to me.

Resident Evil: Revelations has an online raid mode that doesn't require you to have a Friend Code registered.

Same for KI:U I believe. Same for Mario Kart 7.

Feel free to add me if you end up getting a 3DS. Friend Code is in signature. I'm playing KI:U and Layton Miracle Mask at the moment. With a little Fire Emblem mixed in... Trying very hard to not buy all the DLC for that and just play that into the ground. :)
---
#18Ruzz9(Topic Creator)Posted 3/4/2013 3:36:07 PM
I'm about to go out and buy one in a bit, I think the XL red I'm gonna go with. I was reading a bunch of scratch/design flaws and I REALLY take good care of my devices always do I need to worry? I heard the screen scratches itself or something which worries me when it's closed for something I'm dropping 200$ on.
---
#19JP_SartrePosted 3/4/2013 3:40:08 PM
Ruzz9 posted...
I'm about to go out and buy one in a bit, I think the XL red I'm gonna go with. I was reading a bunch of scratch/design flaws and I REALLY take good care of my devices always do I need to worry? I heard the screen scratches itself or something which worries me when it's closed for something I'm dropping 200$ on.

My screen protector used to get scratched on my release model, the XL has not done this so far.
---
"The Virtual Boy didn't fail. We failed the Virtual Boy"
-fallenKlNG
#20FieldTornOutlawPosted 3/4/2013 3:47:18 PM
Yeah I haven't had any issue with my XL thus far. I probably will get a screen protector just out of habit, but I've had it three months with heavy use and had no issues.

Hit me back when you get it!
---