Question about Hotel Dusk: Room 215

#1TaKun782Posted 3/3/2013 7:08:15 PM
Its a pretty rare-ish game but im about to buy it. I heard great things about the game. I really love those point and click games like Rise of the dragon or Snatcher from back in the day. What can anyone here tell me about this game since i just found out about it.
---
I will never change this sig until IOI releases Freedom Fighters 2!
-First started 9-20-2009
#2El_DustinoPosted 3/3/2013 7:12:29 PM
It'sr? I almost find that hard to believe...

It is a nice game though. :3 It is kinda puzzly, using the touch screen and microphone, and having you do a couple of things with the DS system you might not have thought of. The game has nice writing and an okay art style. Not a whole lot of reason to go through it a second time if I recall, but still, it is a really fun experience. :3 Just a shame the sequel did not come out in NA.

Also, how is Rise of the Dragon? I see it at a shop all the time, and wonder what it is like...
---
The two most beautiful words in any language: I forgive.
#3TaKun782(Topic Creator)Posted 3/3/2013 7:16:11 PM
Id say get Rise of the dragon. It was well worth it and reminded me a lot of Snatcher! And if you love that cyberpunk theme in most movies or game then get it.
---
I will never change this sig until IOI releases Freedom Fighters 2!
-First started 9-20-2009
#4knives outPosted 3/3/2013 10:16:50 PM
if you enjoy hotel dusk you should go find 'trace memory' which i enjoyed a bit more than HD.

also theresa: dear emile is great. try to find that one too.
---
Remember.... violence is NEVER the answer. Sometimes, though, it's the question... and the answer is "Yes".
#5RucalPosted 3/3/2013 10:41:34 PM
You should get both Hotel Dusk and its sequel. I enjoyed them both a lot.
They aren't exactly tough games, but the characterisation is great, and overall, I just love the environment.
---
"Can dogs see the 3ds?" - Jamianes
"Yes, they can see the 3DS. =)" - O2Ash
#6knives outPosted 3/3/2013 10:57:04 PM
Rucal posted...
They aren't exactly tough games, but the characterisation is great, and overall, I just love the environment.

theres a sequel to HD? are you referring to 'again'?
---
Remember.... violence is NEVER the answer. Sometimes, though, it's the question... and the answer is "Yes".
#7inuyasha1031Posted 3/3/2013 11:09:28 PM
knives out posted...
Rucal posted...

theres a sequel to HD? are you referring to 'again'?

Last Window, it's only available in Europe.
---
http://i.imgur.com/Fhluz.jpg
/* Class 5 Vita/3DS Dual Wielder */
#8SerenityIVPosted 3/3/2013 11:23:37 PM
This is an excellent game. If you can get a decent price on it, it's all you.
---
Is it that I'm not supposed to exist? - Xion
#9ac_helperPosted 3/4/2013 1:09:10 AM
Hotel Dusk is a wonderful game. Great story, fun puzzles. I try to play it at least once a year near New Year's time. The sequel, Last Window: The Secret of Cape West, is only available in Europe, but some third party sellers on Amazon have imported copies for sale. If you can get HD at a good price, go for it, and try for LW too, if you have the money.
LW has all the songs from HD as well as its own tracks, and you can even plug in headphones to the 3DS and close it and listen to the music tracks from both games.
---
Currently waiting for:
Animal Crossing: New Leaf (June 9th!!)
#10temgunPosted 3/4/2013 2:33:54 AM
Hotel Dusk is quite good. And it's very rare for a game to have such an awesome atmosphere. It's your above average visual novel. I didn't care much for The Last Widow though. It was okay, but nothing spectacular like the first one, but still worth playing if you end up liking the prequel.
---
SPUNKGARGLEWEEWEE