So I picked up Etrian Odyssey IV at Gamestop today (packaging question)

#1poopfeasts420Posted 3/3/2013 9:17:05 PM
I didn't pre-order the game but I got the game along with the soundtrack. I thought only people who pre-ordered the game would receive this edition? Or is it available to all early buyers?
---
I AM DAVE EXCLAMATION MARK YOGNAUGHT
#2Lan915Posted 3/3/2013 9:17:56 PM
I'm guessing there were leftovers. XD
#3HalecticPosted 3/3/2013 9:18:36 PM
I think all of them shipped with it, the fact you where able to find a physical copy without pre-order is amazing
---
Digimon World Dawn FC 000111545835
#4IAznDragonI YanPosted 3/3/2013 9:20:37 PM
1. someone pre ordered but didn't pick it up in time so therefore they forfeit it to the next buyer (you)
2. pretty sure gamestop ALWAYS get 1 or 2 extras with the preorders. you were lucky enough to get the extra
---
X: X... you called me X... is that my name?
Dr. Light: That's right. It's a variable. It represents unlimited potential.
#5TinyTim123Posted 3/3/2013 9:49:09 PM
No, it says right on the case "Limited Edition Boxed Set". All of the first pressings / packagings of the game comes with that stuff. It was the same with the Code of Princess box.
So in this case, it wasn't likely someone's leftover Etrian Odyssey box, it was just among the extras they got in to sell to the general public.
It is, however, good that they had extras. While working at Gamestop a long time ago, unless a game was something like a Final Fantasy, a GTA, a Madden, a Halo or something else, we got no extra copies in, so something like Etrian Odyssey, if no one preordered it, we would get no copies in.
---
http://www.explosm.net/comics/657/
#6ferofaxPosted 3/3/2013 10:04:48 PM
First prints usually get that treatment. I bought my copy of Strange Journey with the soundtrack two years right after it released. I got it new. Then again, I'm not really sure if that game had any reprints.
---
pardon if my posts suck, i post by tapping on the handset button on a one-way analog handset. i saw Hannibal Lecter do it.
#7zavlinzPosted 3/3/2013 10:21:04 PM(edited)
prepare for repeating all of this stuff when soul hackers comes out. Its not a preorder bonus, its a first print bonus, packaged with all first print copies. Soul hackers music disc will be the same way.
This miscommunication is really atlus's fault.... though it doesnt really harm anyone. With the announcement of these bonuses they always put on the ad "Preorder now!" which makes it sound like theyr preorder bonuses.. when theyr really just saying "this is the bonus that comes with the game. Also you should preorder it!"
#8ecco6t9Posted 3/3/2013 11:24:12 PM
First editions come with soundtracks even if you did not reserve it. But you never really want to miss out on the free CD.
---
Time Magazine's Man Of The Year 2006.