Original 3DS Model vs 3DS XL Model

#1Lylat_CruiserPosted 3/4/2013 6:53:09 PM
Which is better (style, gameplay, feel)? - Results (522 votes)
Original
32.18% (168 votes)
XL
67.82% (354 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Plays http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vimZj8HW0Kg as the battle goes on.

Provide reasons and personal stories. GO!
---
The only thing that stops a bad guy with an axe is a good guy with a sword!
#2Baha05Posted 3/4/2013 6:54:48 PM
Honestly like the Original, easier to carry around.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#3Lylat_Cruiser(Topic Creator)Posted 3/4/2013 6:55:47 PM
Original- "I'm gonna knock you out!"
XL- "Momma said knock you out!"
---
#4longlivemegamanPosted 3/4/2013 7:00:15 PM
That's a very even poll... for now. I personally prefer the XL.
---
Don't hope for a new GOOD Megaman game. In the end it's only going to get cancelled.
R.I.P. MML3, MMU and Rockman Online...
#5Lylat_Cruiser(Topic Creator)Posted 3/4/2013 7:00:18 PM
GO! GO! GO! GO! GO! GO! GO! GO! GO!
---
#6MinamoPosted 3/4/2013 7:12:17 PM
XL has the bigger picture, but overall the feel is much cheaper. Neither are particularly well built.
#7dankmanaPosted 3/4/2013 7:16:29 PM
My research study that I've taken on with funding from an undisclosed revenue source has made the following statement:

the 3DSXL takes the 3DS and makes it more 3Der and XLer and as a result, more better-er.
#8Darkeep12Posted 3/4/2013 7:17:20 PM
In regards of the aspects you referred to in the poll, I'd give the upper hand to the original.

However, I believe the XL is overall better due to the improved battery life.
---
PSN/Steam Id (It's the same): Darkeeper
#9MrFwibblesPosted 3/4/2013 7:21:05 PM
Original suicides by carving up its own screen. There are other indicators of the original being of poor build quality overall: paint chipping off D-pad, 3D slider feeling like it's going to fall off, shoulder buttons becoming unresponsive, gyroscope getting stuck (the solution - as suggested by Nintendo - is to "lightly slap the bottom of the system" does that sound like quality hardware?), the battery life is poor, hinge issues, in fact since launch I've heard of problems with every single part of the original model.

One guy here recently mentioned that the power on his original 3DS would shut off whenever he pressed the B button.

This guy's volume slider was screwy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLBDXyH1-Ck

Some stores have lowered the price of the original model and put it on clearance because nobody wants it anymore. Add to that a poor stylus placement, sharp corners, and getting fingerprints smudged all over it every time you use it.

At least it comes in more than 3 colours though!
---
DLC, online passes and the rise of casual budget gaming have ruined the video game industry.
http://i.minus.com/ikldA8ungvbD2.gif Black 2 FC: 4943-4917-6085
#10Darkbeat44Posted 3/4/2013 7:28:40 PM
after getting the XL, i don't think i will ever be using the original 3DS i got on launch day for anything than trading between the multiple pokemon games i own for DS, and will own for 3DS.
---
Pokemon White FC: 0690 4557 2124