fixed

fixed better
---
GT: hawkeye2188
#32Lylat_Cruiser(Topic Creator)Posted 3/6/2013 1:30:54 PM
90sRetroGaming posted...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dfgG6M_tmQ

hnnnnng... I have a dilemma D=

So I have 2 original 3DSs; Midnight Purple 3DS and Cobalt Blue Fire Emblem 3DS. I got my purple one at a good discount price of $130 NEW!! I decided that it was time to get a 3DS since Fire Emblem was coming out and I was really hoping to get the special edition I've been hearing so much about from Japan and it was getting really close to the release date of Fire Emblem. So after buying the purple 3DS and owning it for about 2 weeks, Nintendo announces that the bundle is coming stateside! Now I have 2 original 3DSs and both of mine have a crystal case to protect them.

With the release of Monster Hunter coming around (buying the physical copy btw) I plan on using my purple 3DS to play MH and buying a circle pad pro for it, which would mean I can't use the crystal case for the purple one while I play. I have decided that my Fire Emblem 3DS would just be for playing Fire Emblem and streetpass. It also has it's own income of eShop dollars for the DLC.

I am very hesitant of trading in my midnight purple 3DS to get a blue 3DS XL but I have already established a sentimental attachment towards it T_T. It came with a charging dock, which I use from time to time, and I applied screen protectors to both my purple and blue 3DS. The 3DS XL does look nice and the replacement of the start, home and select buttons is the best improvement I see.

A few things I am wondering about the XL are:
- the finish of the outside and inside.
-- in the video the guy said that it has a matte finish but to me the outside (blue) part almost looks like a metal finish. I have the release console of the original DS and it looks like it would feel like that. My question, is it?
- i already know that the circle pad pro is not out in NA for the XL but if I use the circle pad pro for the original 3DS, will it feel the same or similar to how an XL is held?
- is the additional locked open position really helpful and in what playing position is it really beneficial in? (sitting down, laying down (backside), laying down on your stomach)?
- what are your opinions on how to solve my...DILEMA? :(
---
The only thing that stops a bad guy with an axe is a good guy with a sword!
#33Lylat_Cruiser(Topic Creator)Posted 3/6/2013 6:40:21 PM
...double RESURRECTION!
---
#34Lylat_Cruiser(Topic Creator)Posted 3/7/2013 9:08:50 PM
....triple RESURRECTION!
---
#35TalesOfGodPosted 3/7/2013 9:47:12 PM
The 3DS XL is probably the best gaming handheld I've ever bought. Compared to the original 3ds:
-It is easier on the eyes
-It is easier to hold
- The buttons feel much better
- The screen is amazing on the 3ds games
- the 3D is worlds apart because the part that you can see with the 3D is much better meaning that the viewpoint doesn't have to be right on
- much better stylus placement
- A 3d lock so you won't accidentally turn it on like before
- while it is bigger to hold, it is more more sturdier with it's non glossy cover
- the DS games actually look good on the XL lower screen and they are streched!
- You can actually play Blazblue Continuum Shift 2 story mode (on the original, the text is too small)
- Motion control is MUCH better especially when 3D is on (examples: Mario kart 7 first person mode and Zelda OOT First person mode)
- The sound quality is richer
- It comes with a 4gb memory card
- DAT GAME LIBRARY! ;D

In short, the 3DS XL murders the entire competition of handhelds in every department. I LOVE IT!! ^.^
#36AndaryuPosted 3/7/2013 9:50:38 PM
PyjamaHero posted...
No preference. XL at home, regular for on the road.

---
We have no choice but to let go of the past to move forward...
-Ace, Class Zero
#37John123987Posted 3/8/2013 3:27:15 AM(edited)
It's hard to decide... the original had a superior, sturdy frame and much better shoulder buttons, but the XL has face buttons and a circle/D pad that are overall MUCH easier on the fingers, and obviously a display that's a lot nicer to look at.

They both have their good qualities, but they both still have problems, and it's too bad we don't have a system that brings the best of both together...
#38Petey_MeanisPosted 3/8/2013 9:11:03 AM
XL
---
Thick, long and meaty.. Kielbasa sausage
http://i.imgur.com/dHMWV.jpg http://i.imgur.com/6s1RR.gif
#39CompassPosted 3/8/2013 12:33:59 PM
EbonMagician posted...
why do I get the feeling tat most people who vote for the original 3DS will do so because they feel butt hurt about getting the 3DS near launch and not being able to get the XL?

that, and hipsters... defiantly hipsters

My money's on the opposite. People who traded in their superior original model for the clunky, cheap feeling XL. They deeply regret their decision and now have to reassure themselves constantly they didn't make a huge mistake (while recognizing deep down they did just that).

I have both, and FAR prefer the original. I almost never touch my XL.
#40Spiffy247Posted 3/8/2013 12:48:17 PM(edited)
EbonMagician posted...
why do I get the feeling tat most people who vote for the original 3DS will do so because they feel butt hurt about getting the 3DS near launch and not being able to get the XL?

that, and hipsters... defiantly hipsters

So because our preference is different we must have some kind of problem? *fish slap*
I have two siblings who own 3DSes, and I bought them the 3DSes because they picked them over the XL, and my sister is also getting a small 3DS.
---
I'm clever, vaguely feminine, a vampire, and I wield Dice. PH33R.
The 3DS and PSVita are both outstanding systems. Wally the Equality Weasel says so.