is there action replay for 3ds?

#11zelda_king3Posted 3/6/2013 4:32:07 AM
IAznDragonI Yan posted...
that doesn't answer my question about them not releasing a 3ds action replay

It's because 3DS has a much higher security than DS and Wii. The Wii requires any application to be digitally signed by Nintendo just like any other console, however it only requires the signature for the installation and doesn't check after it's been installed. This is how we were able to get hacks like the Homebrew Channel on the Wii and such using such exploits like the Twilight Hack or the Bannerbomb method.

3DS on the other hand, requires a signature for when the application is installed and for when it's launched. So hacking or 3DS rom based flashcarts is much more difficult since there might be a way to get past the installation signature part, but the 3DS will reject any application that isn't properly digitally signed by spitting out an error or just rebooting your 3DS. So don't expect a hack until they find out the private keys used to digitally sign applications (which can be a major long time to decrypt manually if ever) or there is a fully working kernel exploit which can fully alter the 3DS's way of handling instructions and files.

I hope this helps you understand why.
---
PSN: US: Spud_Commando | JP: zeldaking3
3DS FC: 4055 - 3299 - 4026
#12zelda_king3Posted 3/6/2013 4:40:06 AM
SMASHKING84 posted...

yes it does i'm stating these things take time.
hackers are just now getting close to breaking 3ds's security anyway.

This isn't exactly true as of now from all the evidence people have provided so far. People claim to have to have a kernel hack "working" but we have yet to see any video evidence of it or confirmation from other widely known hackers like fail0verfl0w other than a low quality screenshots of the touchscreen saying "we hacked it!" but it could have been a DS flashcart with homebrew saying that specific text since the 3DS "3D" light didn't light up, so it's a sign that the 3DS is still running in "DS mode".

Even if they did figure out a kernel hack, they will most likely keep the exploit on the down low or keep it for themselves since it can EASILY be fixed with a firmware update by Nintendo before the hack becomes widespread. But I'm hoping that we get more development news about the 3DS in general. I'm not fond on piracy or cheating, but I would love a method to bypass region protection. I miss Datel's Freeloader bootdiscs back in the day, it was so helpful for my GameCube.
---
#13CressDXXPosted 3/6/2013 4:47:48 AM
SMASHKING84 posted...

yes it does i'm stating these things take time.
hackers are just now getting close to breaking 3ds's security anyway.

^This
---
3DS FC: 4425-1804-8511
XBOX360 GT: CressDX
#14SMASHKING84Posted 3/6/2013 4:53:14 AM
last i heard they already did kernel hacks but they wanted to make sure they worked out any bugs before releasing it.

Keep in mind that hackers have more time on there hands. I remember when nintendo tried to put anti cheating programs in pokemon b/w and people found a way to patch it within a couple days.

Hell i remember how it took months for nintendo to successful block the ar ds that worked on 3ds.

If nothing else the hackers can use the sd card,i've yet to see nintendo even TRY to block any sd card based hacks.
---
Jirachi is the best pokemon
Welcome to my barbecue-kefka ffvi
#15zelda_king3Posted 3/6/2013 5:01:41 AM
SMASHKING84 posted...
last i heard they already did kernel hacks but they wanted to make sure they worked out any bugs before releasing it.

Keep in mind that hackers have more time on there hands. I remember when nintendo tried to put anti cheating programs in pokemon b/w and people found a way to patch it within a couple days.

Hell i remember how it took months for nintendo to successful block the ar ds that worked on 3ds.

If nothing else the hackers can use the sd card,i've yet to see nintendo even TRY to block any sd card based hacks.

Actually, they are holding off on the kernel exploit because they are in fear of the misuse it will cause and it will be fixed fast by Nintendo before it becomes widespread. This is quite typical from good intention hackers who don't believe in piracy or don't trust idiots with these types of exploits.

Clearly, you aren't aware of Nintendo patching out the Twilight Hack and other hacking methods back in the day with the Wii that took advantage of overflow exploits to load SD card content.

Remember, patching and hacking games (especially DS titles like AR and B/W2) are a walk in the park due to their relatively low security that Nintendo implemented back in 2004 from the start that can't be changed. Now that 3DS is a new system, it can take advantage of new security methods. This one is more secure than DS and Wii. A proper flashcart, overflow, or kernel exploit takes time and lots of study of how the 3DS works internally. We can dump 3DS roms from the cartridges themselves since two years ago but have no way or form to play them still.
---
#16SMASHKING84Posted 3/6/2013 5:12:22 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#17zelda_king3Posted 3/6/2013 5:24:57 AM(edited)
SMASHKING84 posted...
I always felt that if you own a retail copy of a game you should be able to play a rom of it too.
Because roms have save states,and it's much easier to lp a rom.

now if you downloading the lastest mario game from a rom without paying for it then yeah,that's an issue.
But downloading a game you already own should be allowed. and if game companies weren't so greedy buying a retail copy of the game would come with a download code on eshop.

I understand what you mean, but I don't completely agree. It's legal to make backups of your games you own for personal use and I'm fine with that since I used to make backups of my favorite PS2 games in case they didn't work any more, but it's illegal to make copies of games you own and then distribute them online or to others who don't own the game, I am not fine with that. You also have the savestates confused, emulators and frame freeze programs like some homebrew allow for savestates. Because the file type is a rom, it doesn't matter.

Giving an eshop code for every retail game purchase will only be abused by selling the code to others or by selling the game and code separately to gain even more money. They could get around this by doing what Sony does for their cross buy games, but that may lead to legal issues or hardware problems for Nintendo.
---
#18SMASHKING84Posted 3/6/2013 5:31:58 AM
maybe the download code should only be given to you if you register the game at club nintendo,then to use the code you have to log into your cn account and confirm you want to use it.

Then because your 3ds is tied to your cn account even if someone gives out the cn password it wouldn't do s*** without the other person physically holding that same 3ds in there hands.
---
Jirachi is the best pokemon
Welcome to my barbecue-kefka ffvi
#19zelda_king3Posted 3/6/2013 5:43:31 AM
SMASHKING84 posted...
maybe the download code should only be given to you if you register the game at club nintendo,then to use the code you have to log into your cn account and confirm you want to use it.

Then because your 3ds is tied to your cn account even if someone gives out the cn password it wouldn't do s*** without the other person physically holding that same 3ds in there hands.

Again, people will just abuse this by selling the unused code to another person who will then redeem the code and get the code from their Club Nintendo and use it on their 3DS.

Even if it were possible for this to work, I doubt Nintendo will enforce it. They would lose support from some publishers since they will be losing money on a digital copy that could have been sold. The best publishers and Nintendo can do is offer a physical copy for the standard $40 and offer a digital copy on the eshop that's $5-7 cheaper like what Sony and developers do with some of Vita's digital copies.
---
#20PeachxMarioPosted 3/6/2013 7:02:19 AM
I hope there will be a cheat device for the 3DS because some games need it and some don't.
I hope they create codes for that Style Savvy game because holy crap there's like so much stuff to collect! If I collect all of it, then somehow lose my game then crap I would like to have it all back by using a cheat device!! :D