Considering buying a USED Mario Kart Bundle 3DS XL. Ambassador transfer?

#1soluble_enigmaPosted 3/5/2013 7:29:12 AM
I'm thinking of purchasing a used 3DS XL with Mario Kart 7 preinstalled. Will I be able to move my current 3DS, with my Ambassador games and various eShop titles, onto the 3DS XL? Will Mario Kart 7 be available for download after the transfer itself?

I have read the other topics about this, but those appear to be questions about a new 3DS XL MK7 bundle. Though I'm not sure that there would be a difference between new and used in this case.

Actually, this question could also apply to anyone buying any used 3DS with downloaded games on it. Will one be able to transfer their existing 3DS onto it and still retain the "used" 3DS eShop games?

Thanks. Just making sure before I jump the gun-- if the game disappears, it negates the savings from buying used.
---
Carformers: More than meets surprise!
I use antlers in ALL of my decorating.
#2smifypzPosted 3/5/2013 7:31:57 AM
I think whatever is on the XL will still be there after the transfer, though your old one will be wiped.
---
3DS FC: 2105- 9580- 9704 PSN: tennislover3195 Steam:nj3195
Official Feraligatr of the Pokemon X board
#3ViperEO2Posted 3/5/2013 7:35:50 AM
Transfer ambassador 3ds to 3ds xl will leave all downloadable games history onto your new 3dsxl including both mk7 and ambassador games and purchases on either. Ambassador ds will be wiped, and then you can just redownload the games on your xl from eshop download history. Just did an ambassador > mk7 bundle transfer myself and it went smooth,
#4ViperEO2Posted 3/5/2013 7:36:45 AM
Also if someone transferred MK7 off the used bundle you won't have it so I'd make sure.
#5soluble_enigma(Topic Creator)Posted 3/5/2013 8:00:57 AM
Thanks! The sale will be a meetup thing so I'll be able to check whether MK7 is on the 3DS. I'll have to delete some of my own stuff from my Ambassador 3DS though; I'm using a 16GB card whereas the XL only has a 4GB.
---
Carformers: More than meets surprise!
I use antlers in ALL of my decorating.
#6ViperEO2Posted 3/5/2013 2:00:06 PM
You can just switch memory cards after you are done with system transfer and put the 16gb into the 3ds xl and it will already show ambassador games and saves. Will have to only d/l mk7 then.