returned my pink 3DS XL and got a normal pink 3DS. i am extremely happy.

#31PurpleTygerPosted 3/18/2013 1:12:35 AM
Out of curiosity TC, how much money/credit did you get? Did you sell it at Gamestop?
#32pvtplatypusPosted 3/18/2013 1:50:37 AM
The pixelation is the main reason I went with the original model. Although I'm sure it's not that bad.
---
Currently playing: Super Mario 3D Land (Special Worlds), Resident Evil Revelations, Pokemon White 2, League of Legends
#33so64Posted 3/18/2013 6:06:19 AM
Final Fantasy2389 posted...
Hold up?

Do people normally hold their handhelds straight up in front of their faces? I know most times it's resting near my lap with me looking down. What is this "holding up" stuff?

Depends on the person. I've noticed that I've gone from the GBP days of holding the system down to the GBA where I would hold it in front of my face. I guess that is why I'm still using the original 3DS; because I am use to holding handhelds in front of my face instead of looking down at them from above and the original is better for that configuration.
---
I am insane. Somethings I say may not make sense. Please take heed. www.brokencontrollers.com We Have come over the way that with tears... 3DS FC:5327-0905-8783
#34StarmanAnthony(Topic Creator)Posted 3/18/2013 8:13:17 PM
when i first bought the XL. it was at walmart. i made sure to ask if i opened the product will i be able to return it for the smaller 3DS if i didn't like the big pixels. went home and tried the XL for a couple hours. i just didn't like it. the pixels were to big and it was hurting my eyes. i formated the 3DS XL and re-packaged it and went to walmart to return it. no hassles. got my money back and bought a normal pink 3DS with brain age devilish training.

i honestly love the normal sized 3DS. the resolution is perfect. i own an iphone. so i am used to the screen size. i even held it against the 3DS screen and it was the same exact size as the top screen... was surprised.
#35DinglesteedPosted 3/18/2013 8:27:16 PM
StarmanAnthony posted...
when i first bought the XL. it was at walmart. i made sure to ask if i opened the product will i be able to return it for the smaller 3DS if i didn't like the big pixels. went home and tried the XL for a couple hours. i just didn't like it. the pixels were to big and it was hurting my eyes. i formated the 3DS XL and re-packaged it and went to walmart to return it. no hassles. got my money back and bought a normal pink 3DS with brain age devilish training.

i honestly love the normal sized 3DS. the resolution is perfect. i own an iphone. so i am used to the screen size. i even held it against the 3DS screen and it was the same exact size as the top screen... was surprised.

I prefer the clarity on my regular 3ds and the sound and overall feel/build, but the XL is more comfortable for longer sessions. I do wish my regular has a bit longer battery and then I'd use it almost exclusively. I am actually thinking about picking up a purple regular 3ds at target next week for the sale lol. No reason really, seeing as I have an aqua regular 3DS and a blue XL. I guess I just want to stimulate the economy >.<
---
Playing: NSMBU, CoD: BO2, Zombi U, Trine 2 Planetside 2 (Soltech VS), EVE Online, Battlefield 3, and NHL 13
#36dankmanaPosted 3/18/2013 8:29:42 PM
I think by this point we can all just agree the two systems appeal to different people, and there's no real definitive version. Play what you're happy with bro. This is nowhere near as upgrade worthy as I remember when the DS Lite came out. I bought a DS Lite minutes after demoing it in store because it was such a noticeable and nice upgrade from the original DS. Now THAT was a pretty pitiful launch system, all things considered.
#37MereMarePosted 3/18/2013 8:36:24 PM
Spiffy247 posted...
I myself also prefer the original 3DS.

---
Zelda is an ACTION-ADVENTURE, not an RPG!!!
Japan is the center of the gaming universe.
#38TehTrumpCardPosted 3/18/2013 8:53:17 PM
aamot posted...
That extra 3.6 ounces can be a real killer apparently.

The XL life isn't for everyone sadly.
---
I love Nowi!!! http://tinyurl.com/a8cjh32
3DSXL FC: 4640-0379-8455 PSN (PS3+Vita): TehTrumpCard