Mercury Steam: "of course we've thought of making Metroid 3DS"

#21RockBottom885Posted 3/5/2013 1:10:06 PM
I want another 2D side scrolling Metroid game...

I miss the GBA era
---
---
{[RB885]}
#22IcewitchPosted 3/5/2013 1:14:14 PM
Keep MercurySteam far far away from Metroid
---
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Coming March 19 to Nintendo 3DS and Nintendo Wii U
#23Moorish_IdolPosted 3/5/2013 1:15:54 PM
Pauken posted...
Wo wants to bet Either Microsoft or Valve will buy the rights to Metroid after Nintendo has thoroughly beaten the dead horse to undeath? I'd prefer Valve (dat Source Engine 2 Metroid Prime), but M$ would be acceptable as well (better than in Mercury Steam or Sakamoto's hands, at least).

You are joking, right? Please tell me you are joking. That's not how it works. lmao
#24Kaze_MemaryuPosted 3/5/2013 1:22:29 PM
Shadow-Angel posted...
I will quit gaming and burn all my consoles, the day that Mercury Steam touches Metroid. Team Ninja was bad enough, but nowhere near as bad. A company that can destroy Castelvania this bad, better stay the heck away from Metroid.

Team Ninja didn't have much to do with Other M, they did what they were told to, that's all. It's Sakamoto you shgould hate.

That said, MercurySteam already caught me by surprise with LoS, so... who knows? They might actually be able to make a good 2.5D Metroid game of the classic variety.
---
"Evil, beware. We have waffles..." - Raven, Teen Titans
I TRANSLATE!!! http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/959197-tales-of-graces/64405766
#25PaukenPosted 3/5/2013 1:45:07 PM
Moorish_Idol posted...
Pauken posted...
Wo wants to bet Either Microsoft or Valve will buy the rights to Metroid after Nintendo has thoroughly beaten the dead horse to undeath? I'd prefer Valve (dat Source Engine 2 Metroid Prime), but M$ would be acceptable as well (better than in Mercury Steam or Sakamoto's hands, at least).

You are joking, right? Please tell me you are joking. That's not how it works. lmao

Well it certainly isn't gonna be profitable for Nintendo if they run it much further into the ground. I mean, Other M sold so bad that it is currently the only first party Nintendo title that's not a Player's Choice/Nintendo Selects title to have its retail value reduced to 20 bucks. I'd say that a few flops like that would possibly convince Nintendo to sell the license to someone else. They never liked Metroid anyway; it was themed after American Sci-fi, and nobody in Japan buys Metroid stuff, so it was only commercially viable in the west, which pretty much means that if western support dies, so does the Metroid series. Every other Nintendo property besides possibly F-Zero has a huge Japanese fan base, so it'll sell well at home, but Metroid relies entirely on western success to make a profit, which suggests that if Nintendo ever sold any of their licenses, Metroid'd be the first to go.
#26LinkSSJ6Posted 3/5/2013 1:49:35 PM
Pauken posted...
Moorish_Idol posted...
Pauken posted...

Well it certainly isn't gonna be profitable for Nintendo if they run it much further into the ground. I mean, Other M sold so bad that it is currently the only first party Nintendo title that's not a Player's Choice/Nintendo Selects title to have its retail value reduced to 20 bucks. I'd say that a few flops like that would possibly convince Nintendo to sell the license to someone else. They never liked Metroid anyway; it was themed after American Sci-fi, and nobody in Japan buys Metroid stuff, so it was only commercially viable in the west, which pretty much means that if western support dies, so does the Metroid series. Every other Nintendo property besides possibly F-Zero has a huge Japanese fan base, so it'll sell well at home, but Metroid relies entirely on western success to make a profit, which suggests that if Nintendo ever sold any of their licenses, Metroid'd be the first to go.

Nintendo has never sold one of their series and I doubt they ever will.
Go man, keep your dream alive!
---
Just when I thought you couldn't possibly become any dumber.
You go and do something like that.
#27VyersPosted 3/5/2013 1:50:14 PM
UGGGHH just stop. Nothing you've done, MercurySteam, makes you a good choice to develop a Metroid title.
---
Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/Negative_Hippie
Choice YouTube upload: Chulip http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vQMsqd_sbg
#28Tigerspike1Posted 3/5/2013 5:40:26 PM
The reboot by Mercury Steam: Samus Aran is Mother Brain!

Adam becomes baby Metroid!