For rpgs, do I want this or the vita?

#81PokeMasterPosted 3/9/2013 5:26:49 PM
If you speak Japanese, get a JPN 3DS.
For all other, get a Vita.

In order:

JPN 3DS >>>> Vita >>> US 3DS=EU 3DS (EU seems to be better this gen..but barely)
---
Japanese | Assume JPN Region, unless otherwise stated.
#82ZendaikPosted 3/9/2013 5:41:14 PM
The 3DS is the better choice of the two but the Vita is also a good choice if you want to play PS1/PSP RPGs (though 3DS can play DS games). If you don't care about older games then the 3DS is the better choice.
---
Monster Hunter Tri, Kid Icarus: Uprising IDs: Kirolos
#83AkaneJonesPosted 3/9/2013 10:19:16 PM
m0deration posted...
AkaneJones posted...
Look I'll brake down the Vita's PSN PSP library vs, the DS libary just to help. This will not include DSiware or PS1 classic, nor 3DSVC. I also tried to clean it up a bit of wRPGs and non SRPG strategy titles. I think I missed a few real time strategy SRPGs because of where they were listed.

Okay then that's not a fair comparison because the 3DSVC is nonexistent the PS1 library should be considered a strength for the Vita. I might have given your little comparison some backbone but you're including a bunch of mediocre games Wizard of Oz and BS like that. Include the PS1 library and the Vita wins hands down. You just don't want to admit this.

I didn't edit this lists by quality, I just hacked out stuff like worms, and Marvel Superheros. Its the NA releases so no Breath of Fire 3. Just because current 3DS VC only has Sword of Hope 2, doesn't mean that much. Actually Sword of Hope 1 seems to have run into puplishing issues. Atlus hasn't jumped at Revelation Demon Slayer for NA either. SE has give no new support of VC on 3DS, so no Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, Mana, or SaGa titles as of yet. I think the DS remakes were blocking SaGa 1 through 3. Wii Collecters edition is probably why no Dragon Quest 1 through 3 also(4 being superfluous, cut dialog not with-standing). Oh and for what ever reason Sega was backing off of GG support in NA, so when or if we get Defenders of Oasis is a mystery.

But how much new has been added to PSone classics, recently. Where are Mega Man Legends 1 & 2, even if you don't count them as RPGs. And what of PS2, people love to complain about lack of SNES & N64 on 3DS.
#84AkaneJonesPosted 3/9/2013 10:29:55 PM
NettoSaito posted...
To give you an idea of some PSOne Classics (which aren't included in the below list)

Final Fantasy 1
Final Fantasy 2
Final Fantasy 4
Final Fantasy T

No point in including the same game on the list twice. Why you'd want the originals over the PSP remakes is a odd question, especial FF4 & FFT. All of the remakes were on the PSP list. Considering I did people a favor by grouping Pokemon, Mega Man, & Digimon dual release version, there's little point in including the same game twice on PSP to make it look bigger.
#85Creator_IzanagiPosted 3/10/2013 12:34:31 AM
It depends what RPG you want.. If you want Shin Megami Tensei IV and Soul Hackers, you should get this.. Otherwise, go for the PSV!
---
http://www.atlus.com/forum/member.php?u=48367
http://www.gamefaqs.com/users/Creator_Izanagi/games (Updated - Mar. 09, 2013)