Fire Emblem: Awakening VS Kid Icarus: Uprising

#1AnclationPosted 3/5/2013 1:52:22 PM
Which game do you prefer? - Results (96 votes)
Fire Emblem: Awakening
48.96% (47 votes)
Kid Icarus: Uprising
21.88% (21 votes)
I like them about the same
29.17% (28 votes)
This poll is now closed.
On this board, Kid Icarus: Uprising is generally considered the best 3DS game of 2012, and seemingly wins out no matter what 3DS game it's pitted (heh) against. However, now that a lot of people have gotten the chance to play Fire Emblem: Awakening, I'm interested in seeing whether or not Kid Icarus has finally been dethroned. Only vote if you've actually played both games (I'm European, so I'll have to wait a while longer to find out whether Fire Emblem lives up to the hype or not).

So, out of these two games, which one is your favorite?
#2TehTrumpCardPosted 3/5/2013 1:57:30 PM
Can't decide both are very time consuming (weapon crafting on KI:U and character perfecting on FE:A) with average plots both redeemed by the characters' interactions with one another and decent voice acting and nice cutscenes. Both have the potential of becoming challenging while at the same time can be broken with a little time and effort.

While KI:U has an online mode

FE:A has DLC.

So it's kinda hard to pick
---
I love Nowi!!! http://tinyurl.com/bsa9f6c
3DSXL FC: 4640-0379-8455 PSN (PS3+Vita): TehTrumpCard
#3Dragonflame323Posted 3/5/2013 2:00:07 PM
FE is one of my favorite series and Awakening was just amazing in every way. I enjoyed Kid Icarus a lot too but it never really clicked with me very well unfortunately.
---
Strayy-ayyy~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoQuu7GPxAI
#4IcewitchPosted 3/5/2013 2:06:42 PM
Get FE. Its one of the best SRPGs of all time and has wonderful replay value.

KI:U is a fantastic game with great production values but the controls are the worst.
---
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Coming March 19 to Nintendo 3DS and Nintendo Wii U
#5toadiemanPosted 3/5/2013 2:09:57 PM
Fire emblem. It's less likely to give me carpul tunnel.
---
PSN: toadieman
#6Dinoman96Posted 3/5/2013 2:11:27 PM
I'm sure FEA is a great game, but I get the feeling the BEST GAME EVAH thing might tone down after awhile, same thing kinda happened with KIU.
---
wargle gargle
#7RyuVegasPosted 3/5/2013 2:12:58 PM
Honestly, even though I chose "I like them about the same," it is FE:A by MILES. The reason I chose the option? Because those are the 2 3DS games I will never get rid of as Fire Emblem is a religiously played franchise for me and Kid Icarus was what made me want a 3DS on top of already being one of the few ORIGINAL fans of Kid Icarus and Of Myths and Monsters(the GB Game).

They both offer such vastly different, and great experiences.
---
http://backloggery.com/ryuvega NP: Fire Emblem: Awakening
"I've seen Ryu on the MtG board so he's already cooler than most of you." ~ XImperialDragon
#8NookytinsPosted 3/5/2013 2:21:49 PM
KI: Uprising is WAY too overrated.
---
"You have one or more unread System Notifications. Please read them as soon as possible."
-I already know how dumb Gfaqs mods are, thanks.
#9Dinoman96Posted 3/5/2013 2:28:59 PM
Nookytins posted...
KI: Uprising is WAY too overrated.

this is somewhat offtopic, but i feel this quote is true when it comes to post like these:

just saying something is overrated i always thought was dumb. if stuff is excessively popular i'd rather identify why or discuss why i felt it didn't hold certain qualities other see. just popping in to say something is overrated accomplishes nothing and isn't a fun discussion point at all. it's as meaningless as popping in to say something was dated and not going into it at all or why the age of the game is impacting it in some way, it's just a single word that is vague and provides little in terms of discussion or your viewpoint or anything.

---
wargle gargle
#10shababbossPosted 3/5/2013 2:32:31 PM
Fire emblem Awakening is one of the best game Ive played for the last few years. Get that first if you have to choose.