Has Pokemon been milked?

#41deimos91Posted 3/6/2013 3:47:01 PM
pbandjames posted...
Kaze_Memaryu posted...
Actually, yes. Looking at all the spinoff games, merchandises and collectibles, I can clearly say they milk it - but it's being milked in an unforced way. Most stuff isn't neccessary, but more up to the consumer whether to buy it or not (like getting one edition or both). They still leave you with alternatives for getting most of the exclusive stuff (legendaries). And the toys are really just a matter of taste, but justified in this case. Pokémon is one of the most successful things across a wider audience of varying ages (only Animal Crossing has similar success).

I agree with this. I feel like people try to say milked to impose a negative light; in reality, if a franchise continues to sell well and satisfy people, and if many people enjoy the merchandise unnecessary for the main game, why not sell it? It's not harming anything by giving people more of what they want. And that goes for every game series, whether you're playing God of War 7 or Halo 6 or Sly Cooper 5 or Super Mario 12 or anything.

Those are clearly exaggerated numbers.

I agree but i think Like COD is milked badly it is yearly they charge you 60$ for addons and there is very little variation on top of a laughably short game
---
steam:fartman91/3DSFC:3265-5740-7951
#42GigantLuffyPosted 3/6/2013 4:30:33 PM
Pokemon has been milked, but that's not a bad thing because milk is good for you.
---
http://www.p4rgaming.com/?p=928 - Eat a sack of **** IGN | UnOfficial Getter Robo of anything ever
#43ZERO2936Posted 3/6/2013 4:36:10 PM
Yes. And who cares?
#44Starwars4JPosted 3/6/2013 4:59:30 PM
Really no, it hasn't been. It's a long-lasting series that changes significantly from generation to generation. What are we talking about here, two generations at most on a system? Compare that to games such as CoD where it's literally every year with minimal changes, or even dead space or uncharted. Looking at the number of main games released per year of existence and you'll be surprised that Nintendo really doesn't milk their franchises at all. People just get nuts about it because they're popular and have been around for awhile
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#45SMASHKING84Posted 3/6/2013 5:00:55 PM
Starwars4J posted...
Really no, it hasn't been. It's a long-lasting series that changes significantly from generation to generation. What are we talking about here, two generations at most on a system? Compare that to games such as CoD where it's literally every year with minimal changes, or even dead space or uncharted. Looking at the number of main games released per year of existence and you'll be surprised that Nintendo really doesn't milk their franchises at all. People just get nuts about it because they're popular and have been around for awhile

qft
---
Jirachi is the best pokemon
Welcome to my barbecue-kefka ffvi
#46RegginRadarPosted 3/6/2013 5:09:46 PM
Starwars4J posted...

Minimal changes? Sounds like pokemon to me.
#47Zero_ManiacPosted 3/6/2013 5:14:36 PM
RegginRadar posted...
Starwars4J posted...

This. Seriously, not much changes between the main games. The mechanics are tinkered with a little, some new pokemon are added, a new plot is conjured up, and presto! Next gen of Pokemon.
---
PSN: Zero_Maniac623
#48RetroFanGirlPosted 3/6/2013 5:19:59 PM
It was meant to end at Gold/Silver, so obviously, yes.
---
Hi.
#49SMASHKING84Posted 3/6/2013 5:23:49 PM
RegginRadar posted...
Starwars4J posted...

1.move deleter (g/s)
2.shiny pokemon(g/s)
3.pokerus(g/s)
4.held items(g/s)
5.double battles(gen 3)
6.abilities(gen 3)
7.triple battles(gen 5)
8.wifi(gen iv)
9.move relearners/move tutors
10.eggs

11.female trainer option(crystal)
12.3d models(x&y)
13.day and night system(g/s)
14.trainer rematches(g/s)
15.use items until they run out(gen v,expanded in b/w2)
16.infinite use tms(b/w)
17.two new pokemon types(gen 2)
18.physical/special split,special atk special defense split
19.battle tower(crystal)
20.hidden grottos(b/w)

Need i go on? because i can name many more how many series can you name that added 20 new ideas to the gameplay?
---
Jirachi is the best pokemon
Welcome to my barbecue-kefka ffvi
#50KamilPosted 3/6/2013 5:30:35 PM
SMASHKING84 posted...
Need i go on? because i can name many more how many series can you name that added 20 new ideas to the gameplay?

Madden Football? :P I don't belong in this topic so I'll just leave lol
---
slowbeef: Hold on it's the evil wizard who's spinning and striking a pose. And also giant swords, why the hell not.
Retsupurae on Earnest Evans, a wacky game!