Has Pokemon been milked?

#51SMASHKING84Posted 3/6/2013 4:33:40 PM
maybe madden but that's out of like 17 games(i think the first madden was in 96) where as pokemon only really has had 6 games(not counting remakes or multiple versions of the same game)
---
Jirachi is the best pokemon
Welcome to my barbecue-kefka ffvi
#52MrFwibblesPosted 3/6/2013 4:36:55 PM
I am just in awe of these poll results. I don't think many of you kids know what "milking" actually means. You're probably sat in front of your computers with your full stack of the 5 GBA games neatly piled up with your trading cards, next to your Pikachu N64s, holding your pokédex toys while wondering if you should set your Pikachu alarm clocks earlier so that you can watch episode 9001 of the anime while eating your Pokémon cereal.

I can't even
---
DLC, online passes and the rise of casual budget gaming have ruined the video game industry.
http://i.minus.com/ikldA8ungvbD2.gif Black 2 FC: 4943-4917-6085
#53RegginRadarPosted 3/6/2013 4:57:21 PM
MrFwibbles posted...
I am just in awe of these poll results. I don't think many of you kids know what "milking" actually means. You're probably sat in front of your computers with your full stack of the 5 GBA games neatly piled up with your trading cards, next to your Pikachu N64s, holding your pokédex toys while wondering if you should set your Pikachu alarm clocks earlier so that you can watch episode 9001 of the anime while eating your Pokémon cereal.

I can't even

Fanboys will never understand. SMASHKING84 is a prime example of a blind fanboy.
#54SMASHKING84Posted 3/6/2013 5:03:30 PM
RegginRadar posted...
MrFwibbles posted...

I can't even

Fanboys will never understand. SMASHKING84 is a prime example of a blind fanboy.

shut up people like you are why games like other m exist. people who expect sequels TO BE SEQUELS are the reason behind games like smb3 sequels that innovated without treating the fanbase like they don't matter.
---
Jirachi is the best pokemon
Welcome to my barbecue-kefka ffvi
#55serenade_betaPosted 3/6/2013 5:05:29 PM
You know, putting the argument aside, I remember when Pokemon first came out and it barely sold.
Even braving the blizzard of the Pokemon Shock, it was able to build its fame up to this level.

I'd say it is a pretty dang good success story, no?
Off-topic, yeah...
---
Tried to start a blog... --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/
Plans: Thoughts on Pokemon (Competitive, Random), Kid Icarus (Weapons)
#56GloryChaosPosted 3/6/2013 5:13:29 PM
Yes.
---
Brawl FC - 1332 8069 6690
"Gravity Rush is 1458 Mb the 58 Mb should more then cover the missions/dialog/character models" - Demondog666