New Umihara Kawase game for the 3ds announced

#1evilvergilPosted 3/5/2013 6:20:44 PM
http://www.siliconera.com/2013/03/05/the-cult-video-game-series-thats-like-bionic-commando-in-fish-world-has-a-new-3ds-game/

Apparently its to be titled Farewell Umihara Kawase and Yumi(the protagonist) is 20 years old, which might mean this is the final game in the series
---
Now playing:UMVC3, P4A, Tales of Xillia 2, SfxT
UMVC3:Zero/Dante/Hawkeye P4A:Yosuke SfxT:Hwo/Alisa
#2TakayaNorikoPosted 3/5/2013 7:11:08 PM
Oh God. The region locking. It hurts. :(
---
Before you came, they were took care of it.
#3MetalLokiPosted 3/5/2013 7:23:56 PM
I've never heard of this but inb4anidiotsaidsweeaboocausetheyberacist
---
The official Loki of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
The beautiful female investigator Ai is the Space Guardian Academys top agent.
#4legendarylemurPosted 3/5/2013 7:52:09 PM
See, that's the thing. If you actually care about things like these titles but all but like 10 of the Western audience doesn't, you'd probably should have an import 3DS to begin with.
---
According to Wikipedia, you don't exist!
CLICK HERE FOR FAME AND GLORY
#5nintendofan100Posted 3/5/2013 8:19:03 PM
And now I suddenly care about region locking...damn it, this isn't gonna suddenly come to the US is it?
---
Confirming something IS different than having an opinion!
#6cadorPosted 3/5/2013 8:28:05 PM
The DS one was supposed to be coming over aroung 2010 I think but it was most probably quietly canceled. I hope this one makes it over this time.
---
"Corn-cob-man? There's a lot of sick people in this town."- Red Guy
#7nintendofan100Posted 3/5/2013 8:35:01 PM(edited)
Yeah, if they could just find a suitable way to market it, (and yes, I DO actually know what this series is) it could sell...Animal crossing (or forest rather) and fire emblem were originally stuck in Japan because they were scared to release them elsewhere, and those are just as popular here now too.

For anyone who doesn't know what this series is, it basically puts bionic commando to shame with its absurdly impressive grapple hook mechanics, where you can gain momentum and fling yourself around. (It is pretty hard really)
---
Confirming something IS different than having an opinion!
#8MetalLokiPosted 3/5/2013 8:37:42 PM
nintendofan100 posted...
Yeah, if they could just find a suitable way to market it, (and yes, I DO actually know what this series is) it could sell...Animal crossing (or forest rather) and fire emblem were originally stuck in Japan because they were scared to release them elsewhere, and those are just as popular here now too.

For anyone who doesn't know what this series is, it basically puts bionic commando to shame with its absurdly impressive grapple hook mechanics, where you can gain momentum and fling yourself around. (It is pretty hard really)

Who is the developer?
---
The official Loki of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
The beautiful female investigator Ai is the Space Guardian Academys top agent.
#9evilvergil(Topic Creator)Posted 3/5/2013 9:31:00 PM
MetalLoki posted...
nintendofan100 posted...

Who is the developer?

Marvelous iirc. I could be wrong though
---
Now playing:UMVC3, P4A, Tales of Xillia 2, SfxT
UMVC3:Zero/Dante/Hawkeye P4A:Yosuke SfxT:Hwo/Alisa
#10ecco6t9Posted 3/7/2013 12:24:08 AM
If it's Marvelous then XSeed or Natsume may pick it up.
---
Time Magazine's Man Of The Year 2006.