Is the hate for Castlevania justified?

#11TinyTim123Posted 3/5/2013 10:17:20 PM
I played it a bit today on my brother's 3DS. As I didn't have sound on, I failed to notice that Simon Belmont has become Scottish, and I noticed no framerate issues. However the fact I had to hit zombies something like four times to kill them seems... wrong for a Castlevania game, unless you are JUST starting out on a Metroidvania, and have the rusty knife equipped or something.
The graphics seemed interesting, and looked pretty cool in 3D.
I didn't play much, as I have to work on a paper, but the game seemed okay. I will probably beat it once and then forget about it.
---
http://www.explosm.net/comics/657/
#12mabber_IIIPosted 3/5/2013 10:35:05 PM
no, it seems to be an ok game, people who really hate seem to be comparing it to other castlevania games
#13pokemon2pokerPosted 3/5/2013 10:58:54 PM
mabber_III posted...
no, it seems to be an ok game, people who really hate seem to be comparing it to other castlevania games

---
Suikoden 6 please.
People who agree: 13
#14legendarylemurPosted 3/5/2013 11:24:51 PM
mabber_III posted...

Every iconic series needs to follow a standard set by its own games. To not do so and expect to be excused is a bit unforgivable.
---
According to Wikipedia, you don't exist!
CLICK HERE FOR FAME AND GLORY
#15darkness1018Posted 3/5/2013 11:35:32 PM
No its not. People just want the old school 2D metroidvania games back since they cant let go of nostalgia. Dont get me wrong, my fav Castlevania is SotN but i also realize not every new game in the series need to be like it to be good. Not all metroidvania games are good either. Mirror of Fate is not a bad game, while far from being the best its still enjoyable and at the end of the day thats what matters.
---
PSN: nightwing2099 (PS3 & PS Vita)
3DS XL FC: 1693-0734-3733
#16Aarosmashguy27Posted 3/5/2013 11:35:46 PM
Considering how good the previous games were how can you not expect people to compare it. I think the hate is quite justified.
#17LinkMaster2703Posted 3/5/2013 11:56:20 PM
The stupidest fanboy argument for why Mirror of Fate isn't terrible is that "you can't compare it to other Castlevania games," which is clearly nuts. If they put the Castlevania name on it I'm going to compare it to the other Castlevania games. As a game in general it's average at best, as a Castlevania game it's trash tier.
---
http://psnprofiles.com/C_Dalke
#18Darkeep12Posted 3/6/2013 12:29:38 AM
Well, I did love LoS, but I thought the demo for this one was kinda meh. Still not sure if I'm getting it or not. So, yeah, I'd say it's a bit justified.
---
PSN/Steam Id (It's the same): Darkeeper
#19XWolfOPosted 3/6/2013 12:37:45 AM
Yes. The demo was good, but the whole game isn't that great.

I'm so glad I decided to skip it and never preordered.
---
It's-a me!
#20VyersPosted 3/6/2013 12:48:35 AM
darkness1018 posted...
No its not. People just want the old school 2D metroidvania games back since they cant let go of nostalgia. Dont get me wrong, my fav Castlevania is SotN but i also realize not every new game in the series need to be like it to be good. Not all metroidvania games are good either. Mirror of Fate is not a bad game, while far from being the best its still enjoyable and at the end of the day thats what matters.

Clearly not for everyone.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThankTheBear Subscribe for LPs of Pokemon Snap, The Legend of Zelda, Dragon Warrior, Super Mario Bros. 3, and more~!