Is the hate for Castlevania justified?

#21MaximusPadicusPosted 3/6/2013 1:13:40 AM
Yes. The hate is completely justified.
This is not a Castlevania game.
The developers wouldve came out better just releasing this as some new game that they had written themselves. But, this game should not be carrying the Castlevania brand. Period.
---
"In the land of the one-eyed, the man with TWO eyes is King."
Maximus Padicus
#22anksikPosted 3/6/2013 1:20:59 AM
I really miss the older games. Especially Curse of Darkness and Lament of Innocence. Circle of the Moon and Portrait of Ruin were pretty good considering they were for handhelds.

Tried LoS for all of 15 minutes and despise it to it's very core.
#23singhellotakuPosted 3/6/2013 1:38:08 AM
they basically did to castlevania what capcom did to RE, both were franchises we were perfectly content to have stay the way they are and their insistence on making them generic action games ruined them. For the record I really liked lords of shadow, but thats because its the only decent console entry in years, but this game I wasted money on today is a disgrace
#24Gandalf the IstariPosted 3/6/2013 1:40:02 AM
No the entire thing reeks of DmC-esque situation and is gross. The hate is a minority opinion once again and review averages are around 80%.
#25RyuVegasPosted 3/6/2013 1:40:50 AM
Its justified if, and only if, you dislike the Lords of Shadow style of gameplay. Otherwise people are just pretty much hating on it for it not being the mythical magical game that they wished it could have been. It is really f***ing r******ed because once again the demo is a s***ty representation of the full game.
---
http://backloggery.com/ryuvega NP: Fire Emblem: Awakening
"I've seen Ryu on the MtG board so he's already cooler than most of you." ~ XImperialDragon
#26Gandalf the IstariPosted 3/6/2013 1:41:41 AM
XWolfO posted...
Yes. The demo was good, but the whole game isn't that great.

I'm so glad I decided to skip it and never preordered.

How do you know the whole game isn't that great then?
#27blazeUP12Posted 3/6/2013 1:46:59 AM
I really liked the demo despite some visual wonkiness. Probably won't buy the full game though.
---
hello earthlings, i am from another planet
#28wombat013Posted 3/6/2013 1:55:09 AM
I cant speak for the 3DS LoS game, but the console LoS is WAY better than the over rated God of War series.
---
He who needs a pat on the back makes every man his judge
#29OoSubaruoOPosted 3/6/2013 2:21:02 AM
When you have people comparing the game play in LoS to God of War, you shouldn't take them seriously to begin with.
#30singhellotakuPosted 3/6/2013 2:21:43 AM
for that matter, I think most of us prefer sprites to the ugly 3d polygons the 3ds is capable of