Is the hate for Castlevania justified?

#81Bancario51Posted 3/6/2013 9:34:27 AM
Its a mix between price of persia 2D and GoW with a drab predictable storyline. But its all about the gameplay right?
---
What is the meaning of life? A: Nanomachines, son
If you agree to be my wangdingo, quote my level and karma~
#82wisemiddsPosted 3/6/2013 9:59:28 AM
I enjoyed the demo more than the Monster Hunter 3 demo- really struggle to see why it gets so much hype
---
3DS friend code: 3652 - 0628 - 9229
XBL, PSN: wisemidds
#83utsusuzeroPosted 3/6/2013 10:12:51 AM
You know that the only Igavania game left is The Demon Castle Wars/The Battle of 1999, right? After that all the official canon is complete.
#84NoctemsorrowPosted 3/6/2013 10:31:56 AM
shogoh posted...
There isn't that much hate, look at the reviews, most of them are good. Most of the players on the 3DS boards are used to Metroidvania games based on ALL past Nintendo handheld Castlevania games. Those games were all successful. They went ahead and changed that just to reach a mass market. They are not taking care of their own customers. They are failling business 101.

Yeah, i love the metroidvanias on game boy.
#85JoeBudden42Posted 3/6/2013 10:39:51 AM
doraemonllh1989 posted...
OoSubaruoO posted...
doraemonllh1989 posted...
you guys should go to the board,defenders on arms LOL

And, the haters on that board aren't great either. Go back to where you lurked from.

stalker.

lmao he really is.

i just got the game and I'm liking it. Than again I like the old Castlevanias, God of War, and Lords of Shadows so...
---
Canibus is the Greatest Rapper of All Time.
#86SmokingbombHPosted 3/6/2013 10:52:24 AM
I just wish it was more of a return to the old style, rather than this hybrid of the LoS beat em up style and the old platforming.
---
Official Deidara of TNS.
#87nonexistingheroPosted 3/6/2013 11:58:53 AM
G1ingy posted...
The soundtrack went from iconic to....background music composed by a hack. Simon is a scottish man with speech problems, the game has framerate issues, the bosses are meh by Castlevania standards, aaaannnnd.........QTE. Completely phoned in QTE that does not do anything in terms of gameplay except to trick people into thinking they're playing GoW.

It's just "reduce boss health to zero and walk up to press R"(because you can't just kill him!) or "get caught by boss and press X in the next 5 seconds to not take damage"

There's many other problems as well. Other CV games always felt very tight as far as controls go, this one just feels off and clunky. The animation is pretty horrid for many things, etc.

If anything, this game doesn't even get half the hate it deserves to get. The hatred should burn like a vampire in the sun.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#88nonexistingheroPosted 3/6/2013 12:01:12 PM
darkness1018 posted...
No its not. People just want the old school 2D metroidvania games back since they cant let go of nostalgia. Dont get me wrong, my fav Castlevania is SotN but i also realize not every new game in the series need to be like it to be good. Not all metroidvania games are good either. Mirror of Fate is not a bad game, while far from being the best its still enjoyable and at the end of the day thats what matters.

Previous Castlevania games all had excellent gameplay mechanics, controls, animation and mindblowing music. This game has none of that. Like I said, it doesn't even get half the hate it deserves. The people who like it have no idea what a quality game is.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#89Zero_ManiacPosted 3/6/2013 12:26:53 PM
nonexistinghero posted...
darkness1018 posted...
No its not. People just want the old school 2D metroidvania games back since they cant let go of nostalgia. Dont get me wrong, my fav Castlevania is SotN but i also realize not every new game in the series need to be like it to be good. Not all metroidvania games are good either. Mirror of Fate is not a bad game, while far from being the best its still enjoyable and at the end of the day thats what matters.

Previous Castlevania games all had excellent gameplay mechanics, controls, animation and mindblowing music. This game has none of that. Like I said, it doesn't even get half the hate it deserves. The people who like it have no idea what a quality game is.

I actually agree with you on this one.
---
PSN: Zero_Maniac623
#90OoSubaruoOPosted 3/6/2013 5:15:15 PM(edited)
nonexistinghero posted...
darkness1018 posted...

Right, because your opinion is fact. Get that stick out of your butt already.