Now I see! Paper Mario: Sticker Star was.....

#1ShadyBrad1984Posted 3/6/2013 2:43:51 AM(edited)
Boring, soulless, repetitive and utterly destroyed my memories of Paper Mario. Why the copy-pasted Toad's and no partners?

Burnout by world 2 and all I can see is a boring, lackluster time ahead.

I saw the topics saying it was bad, but it feels like a shell of its old self.

I hope Luigi's Mansion 2 doesn't destroy my memories of the first like Sticker Star destroyed my memories of Paper Mario.

Nintendo, why you destroy my childhood memories?

(Not literally destroyed, but I'm a bit disgusted at what has happened to Paper Mario)
---
3DSXL FC 2020-0186-5321 XBOXGT- Ozzy Butcher
Playing: Sonic&All-StarsRacing, SMT:DS2 and Etrian Odyssey 3. Getting Castlevania, MH3U and Luigi's Mansion2
#2KurizakaPosted 3/6/2013 2:25:14 AM
I'm happy that my memories aren't destroyed so easily. It would still be a major bummer if Luigi's Mansion 2 turns out to be crap. I don't think it will though.
#3HellsingOrgPosted 3/6/2013 2:48:37 AM
I haven't bought a 3DS game since Kingdom Hearts 3DDD in the summer.

New Super Mario Bros 2 = clusterf*** cash in Mario game that felt like a ROM hack and it has DLC garbage.

Paper Mario Sticker Star = Super Paper Mario again... we will never get awesomeness like Paper Mario TTYD again. Sticker Star had no real level up or combat system and sucked.

Fire Emblem = Can't stand tactical/strategy games

so my first Nintendo AAA game in a long time will be Luigi's mansion 2
---
The bird of Hermes is my name eating my wings to make me tame.
#4The_Shadow_LinkPosted 3/6/2013 3:42:44 AM
HellsingOrg posted...
I haven't bought a 3DS game since Kingdom Hearts 3DDD in the summer.

New Super Mario Bros 2 = clusterf*** cash in Mario game that felt like a ROM hack and it has DLC garbage.

Paper Mario Sticker Star = Super Paper Mario again... we will never get awesomeness like Paper Mario TTYD again. Sticker Star had no real level up or combat system and sucked.

Fire Emblem = Can't stand tactical/strategy games

so my first Nintendo AAA game in a long time will be Luigi's mansion 2

Sticker Star isn't even Super Paper Mario. Super Paper Mario at least still had great characters and witty dialogue from the earlier games. Sticker Star doesn't, they even mute Bowser! Bowser, one of the most fun characters to listen to in previous games, gets reduced to roars and grunts in this one.
---
Wanting to become a wolf to end all of my life's problems.
People who agree with me: 37, Comment about it if you agree. ~*Ancient Status*~
#5RucalPosted 3/6/2013 3:50:24 AM
Indeed. The story and exploration were some of my favourite aspects of the first two PM games, and I hope the series return to its roots someday.
---
"Can dogs see the 3ds?" - Jamianes
"Yes, they can see the 3DS. =)" - O2Ash
#6MettanAtemPosted 3/6/2013 5:13:10 AM
We can only hope they re-release the original Paper Mario on the 3DS, hopefully with extra content, to make up for Sticker Star.

(Honestly, I found Sticker Star to be okay, but I'm a rather open-minded guy, and I still found it to be the worst of the four.)
#7Willie_MakeitPosted 3/6/2013 8:21:44 AM
PMSS was fun at first, but it got shelved real quick. Unless you're following a guide(which I really hate doing) you're pretty much screwed. The puzzles in that game were very poorly designed.
---
Sig.
#8MrGreen9Posted 3/6/2013 8:53:41 AM
I bought a 3DS for Paper Mario, I (we) patiently waited 2 1/2 years from the time they announced it. Saying I was disappointed is an incredibly large understatement.
---
3DS Friend Code: 2578-3117-5566
Nintendo Network ID: MrGreen9
#9dreamkaster64Posted 3/6/2013 9:50:21 AM
I agree that it was a huge disapointment.

but how does a memory get destroyed? do you not remember anything about paper Mario any more? This confuses me.
---
unleashed > colors
#10DilliciousPosted 3/6/2013 9:51:16 AM
Willie_Makeit posted...
PMSS was fun at first, but it got shelved real quick. Unless you're following a guide(which I really hate doing) you're pretty much screwed. The puzzles in that game were very poorly designed.

---
3DS FC:1504-6147-0115
Currently Playing: Etrain Odyssey 4, Rhythm Thief.