Now I see! Paper Mario: Sticker Star was.....

#11ContradictatorPosted 3/6/2013 9:52:55 AM
I couldn't agree more with the hate for sticker star. It was such a soulless shadow of the originals. I made it all the way through, and I didn't even care. I really did not have fun with it. TTYD was so amazing, I fear we may never have another that lives up to it.
---
".........."
#12Buttery_ToastPosted 3/6/2013 10:38:21 AM
I like it.
---
My body is always Reggie.
http://backloggery.com/dethbryte
#13nintendoggerPosted 3/6/2013 10:49:55 AM
I'm enjoying SS, but it's not living up to what it could of be (aka it's not quenching my paper Mario thirst.) I think it has more charm than SPM and I do enjoy the sticker format for battle.
---
AEPhi Sister.
Currently playing: Harvest Moon a New Beginning and Paper Mario:Sticker Star
#14Hydra_Gundam_Posted 3/6/2013 11:07:00 AM
I just started it. Hope I dont hate it 8/
---
Ladies and Gentlemen We Are Floating in Space
#15KurenoPosted 3/6/2013 11:10:08 AM
I can't wait to see the thread you make after you buy Mirror of Fate, too.
---
Loading new signature. Please wait.
#16lunchEATSyouPosted 3/6/2013 11:11:12 AM
I got it was for sale for $20 and I like it. But I've never played Paper Mario or Mario RPG though
---
Height has nothing to do with skin colour, but I know this girl that tans alot that is short...yeah get your brain looked it, someone needs to fix it- DemonDog
#17legionofpancakePosted 3/6/2013 11:36:08 AM
I just didn't understand the majority of the design choices. The old Paper Mario games were great because they took a step forward and had some innovation. This game plays it safe with it's typical Mario-esque plot, introduces no new characters besides that one Kersti or however it's spelled, and removal of actual RPG elements. What was the deal with that part? It's supposed to be an RPG, but they remove some of the core elements of the genre. During my playthrough of the game I was avoiding fights to keep my stickers rather than getting into fights to level up. The whole game felt kinda backwards. I enjoyed it, but to an extent.
---
Well, Courtney Gears didn't seem to mind.
Sonic for Hire= Greatest web series I've ever seen.
#18TulasePosted 3/6/2013 12:11:20 PM
Well... Reading this make me feel like I shouldn't buy this game
---
3DS FC: 0989-2768-7048 Send me a message if you add me
Sorry for my bad english, I'm brazilian :P
#19StephenYap3Posted 3/6/2013 12:11:48 PM
I feel the same for Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time and Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story. After playing the almighty Superstar Saga, I had high expectations, soaring to the heavens, that its sequels would be even better. After playing them...

*Super Mario Bros 3 Game Over music plays*

I don't understand how the series could get mega worst after that game. It just saddens and puzzles me. Hopefully Dream Team will bring the series back to life. If it doesn't, I'll be officially done with the series, seeing as how my #1 favorite portable series would disappoint me after each installment.

As for the Paper Mario series, I loved all four of them and even though Sticker Star doesn't have the familiar elements of a Paper Mario game or an RPG, I enjoyed it for what it is and I'd rank it as my #1 favorite 3DS game as of now.
---
Awaiting for Paper Mario, Final Fantasy (Classic style), Kirby, Donkey Kong, and Mario Sports Mix successor on Wii U...
#20ShadyBrad1984(Topic Creator)Posted 3/6/2013 10:42:49 PM
Kureno posted...
I can't wait to see the thread you make after you buy Mirror of Fate, too.

I actually liked Mirror of Fate's demo, I may pick it up. I loved Lord's of Shadow on Xbox360 and it seems to be a handheld version of that game.

In my eyes, Paper Mario SS took a dump on all that was great about the Paper Mario series.

Bowser's mute FFS!

I got a bit carried away with my original post, just sick of lazy game design.
---
3DSXL FC 2020-0186-5321 XBOXGT- Ozzy Butcher
Playing: Sonic&All-StarsRacing, SMT:DS2 and Etrian Odyssey 3. Getting Castlevania, MH3U and Luigi's Mansion2