Now I see! Paper Mario: Sticker Star was.....

#21ShadyBrad1984(Topic Creator)Posted 3/6/2013 9:47:09 PM
nintendogger posted...
I'm enjoying SS, but it's not living up to what it could of be (aka it's not quenching my paper Mario thirst.) I think it has more charm than SPM and I do enjoy the sticker format for battle.

I also enjoyed it at first, but then you work out combat is actually not needed, the puzzles are very rigid in how you can solve them and there is no story/incentive to keep playing past the first world =(
---
3DSXL FC 2020-0186-5321 XBOXGT- Ozzy Butcher
Playing: Sonic&All-StarsRacing, SMT:DS2 and Etrian Odyssey 3. Getting Castlevania, MH3U and Luigi's Mansion2
#22CompassPosted 3/6/2013 9:56:12 PM
TTYD was pretty bad so I counted my blessings Sticker Star wasn't anything like it.
#23ShadyBrad1984(Topic Creator)Posted 3/6/2013 10:01:58 PM
Compass posted...
TTYD was pretty bad so I counted my blessings Sticker Star wasn't anything like it.

Shame that it didn't improve on TTYD, just totally changed direction.
---
3DSXL FC 2020-0186-5321 XBOXGT- Ozzy Butcher
Playing: Sonic&All-StarsRacing, SMT:DS2 and Etrian Odyssey 3. Getting Castlevania, MH3U and Luigi's Mansion2
#24McmadnessV3Posted 3/7/2013 5:14:12 AM
ShadyBrad1984 posted...
Kureno posted...
I can't wait to see the thread you make after you buy Mirror of Fate, too.

I actually liked Mirror of Fate's demo, I may pick it up. I loved Lord's of Shadow on Xbox360 and it seems to be a handheld version of that game.

In my eyes, Paper Mario SS took a dump on all that was great about the Paper Mario series.

Bowser's mute FFS!

I got a bit carried away with my original post, just sick of lazy game design.

I wouldn't call sticker star lazy. It just had a different focus for what they developed it to be.

If it were lazily developed it would be broken to the point of being unplayable.
---
Thank you for taking the time to read this sig.
This sig loves you.
#25LonelyGoombaPosted 3/7/2013 6:07:40 AM
I never got stuck in sticker star and I never used a guide>_>
---
Watch my video's please...or else...
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheLonelyGoomba
#26KaiRyusakiPosted 3/7/2013 6:16:51 AM
maybe Paper Mario Unfolded will be better cause it's a console series that should be on consoles
#27wiiking96Posted 3/9/2013 5:53:03 AM
McmadnessV3 posted...
ShadyBrad1984 posted...
Kureno posted...

I actually liked Mirror of Fate's demo, I may pick it up. I loved Lord's of Shadow on Xbox360 and it seems to be a handheld version of that game.

In my eyes, Paper Mario SS took a dump on all that was great about the Paper Mario series.

Bowser's mute FFS!

I wouldn't call sticker star lazy. It just had a different focus for what they developed it to be.

If it were lazily developed it would be broken to the point of being unplayable.

It's not lazy, it's just rushed. You can the see the signs everywhere: Unfinished areas, very un-diverse action commands and attacks in general, copy/paste enemies, poorly made puzzles, and a much shorter length in comparison to the previous games. It really seems like an unfinished and unpolished game.
---
More villains need to be protagonists. BiS proves it can work.
Ridley, Ganondorf, Fawful, Bowser, and Dimentio all for their own games!
#28StephenYap3Posted 3/9/2013 12:51:44 PM
wiiking96 posted...
McmadnessV3 posted...
ShadyBrad1984 posted...
Kureno posted...

Bowser's mute FFS!

It's not lazy, it's just rushed. You can the see the signs everywhere: Unfinished areas, very un-diverse action commands and attacks in general, copy/paste enemies, poorly made puzzles, and a much shorter length in comparison to the previous games. It really seems like an unfinished and unpolished game.

I feel the same for Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time.
---
Awaiting for Paper Mario, Final Fantasy (Classic style), Kirby, Donkey Kong, and Mario Sports Mix successor on Wii U...