I hope Mirror of Fate sells poorly.

#231Xtreme-VoidPosted 3/9/2013 9:42:48 PM
chestershadow posted...
colt85 posted...
LinkMaster2703 posted...
Lords of Shadow is the perfect example of a publisher dumbing down a series to appeal to the lowest denominator

I'd say everyone who wants a real Castlevania game should be buying games like Harmony of Despair

Irony much?

We don't know if Konami will pull a Capcom and go "Oh, you don't buy the game? It surely means the franchise is not appealing anymore, don't expect any new games in the future"

Then thats their own damn fault for doing something as stupid as Capcom, a company whose business decisions have ultimately put them in a precarious position. They're not well liked by the gaming community, their last few BIG projects have blown up in their face, and their sales are down across the board.

If Konami doesn't want to go bankrupt, the last people they should look to for business/'development advice is Capcom. Seriously.

I hope they see poor sales for any of the LOS games they release here on out, and cancel it. If they do take a page out of Capcom's dev book, they should pull a DMC2 and pretend it NEVER existed, and just move the series forward with what worked in the first game (which is ultimately how we got such a polished game in DMC3). I don't wanna see more of this God of War clone, its not like GoW has been any good as of late (and in my opinion, I never found anything besides the first game any good to begin with).

I never liked GoW, an overrated junk, with sex contents to attract people.
---
PC Gaming Rigs, PS3, XBOX 360, PS VITA, PSP, 3DS
Universal Gamer
#232theneovegaPosted 3/10/2013 11:58:04 AM
Vyers posted...
Also, there are people who don't understand it, where people say that GoW copied LoI just because LoI came out first.

God of War has a lot of similarities to a lot of games that came before it, not just LoI, but who knows but the developers what inspired. What's the old saying? Good artists borrow, great artists steal?

I have no idea one way or another, that's why I referenced other's discussion. For all I know, Santa Monica had never played, or even heard of, Lament of Innocence when developing the first God of War. Considering the ever-increasing development times, God of War's development predates any announcement or marketing for LoI. If it were true, though, I would find it quite amusing that people are crying foul because a Castlevania game ripped off a game that ripped off a Castlevania game, that's all.

The greater point I'm trying to make is that games aren't as much ripping each other off, as they are standing on each other's shoulders, borrowing elements from each other that the developer likes, because there is only so much you can do with a particular type of game.

And I'm of the camp that really wishes for an Order of Ecclesia 2, but it ain't happening regardless of the success of the Lords of Shadows franchise. On the original topic, I still stand that I hope against the failure of LoS, because it may spell the end of Castlevania altogether, and I'd rather suffer a mediocre stretch of games than to put the last nail in the coffin, so to speak.

Castlevania is synonymous with gaming to me. The first Castlevania was the first game I got for my NES, and I've played (and at least finished, if not beaten) every title in the series, even the more obscure ones thanks to emulation. Does this make me some kind of elite master-race Castlevania expert whose opinion is incontrovertible? No, it just means I've got a pretty good familiarity with the series and its history, and I'm not terribly bent out of shape because of the LoS series like a lot of people are. BUT, I can understand why people would be bent out of shape. We had a pretty good formula going, and it seemed like, with each title getting better, there was a lot of untapped potential that we won't get to experience because Konami wanted to change gears.

If Konami really wanted to just cash in on what was popular, they'd make Castlevania a first-person whipper, release a new game every year with minor upgrades, and sell season-passes to DLC and scenarios. that's a joke, by the way, I have no beef with CoD. ^_^
---
Serious gamers take themselves way too seriously.
#233_alcheimPosted 3/11/2013 10:51:14 PM
"die monster! you don't belong in this world!" ...is what i'd say to castlevania mirror of fate.

i tolerated lords of shadow, but this 3ds game controls slow, floaty, and irresponsive. not worth the $60 they charge in australia
#234SMASHKING84Posted 3/11/2013 10:55:20 PM
honestly people need to make there minds they keep whining about rehashes then they turn arround and b*** when a game does something new.
i still think mv is the best style but mof is not that bad.
---
Jirachi is the best pokemon
ignores:razieru,vyers,quiet is good,attack a horse
#235CAPSARPosted 3/12/2013 5:45:42 AM
My only Gripe with the game is the save system. Don't get me wrong I love the auto saving makes it easier if you're a gamer on the go. But what i don't like is during Boss Battles it saves at the cut scenes, thus making it easier to beat the boss if you don't beat it the first time. I think that no matter what the save should be at the start not during those scenes keep the challenge of those battles the same with the rest of the game.
#236VyersPosted 3/12/2013 7:09:21 AM
SMASHKING84 posted...
honestly people need to make there minds they keep whining about rehashes then they turn arround and b*** when a game does something new.
i still think mv is the best style but mof is not that bad.

Again, to reference real life.

The Iranian Revolution was an attempt by Iranian political protesters to combat an oppressive regime. It was successful; however, the revolution brought upon Islamic religious rule, that imposed harsher punishment, more political prisoners, more executions, and fewer rights. By your argument, these people deserve the worse regime that was instated by the overthrowing of the Shah because they wanted change.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThankTheBear Subscribe for LPs of Pokemon Snap, The Legend of Zelda, Dragon Warrior, Super Mario Bros. 3, and more~!
#237KiritoArtPosted 3/12/2013 7:18:55 AM
I just bought this yesterday! Epic, been playing Castlevania since Castlevania The Adventure on gameboy. If this pacing, difficulty, story, and character development keep up this will be one of my favorites. I hope this game sells well hahahahahahahah!!!!!
---
NNID: SuperLuigi PSN:KiritoArt XBL:ChaseBelmont
#238MarsfordPosted 3/12/2013 7:48:19 AM
Lord_Frood posted...
Xtreme-Void posted...
This is a most unfortunate and disgraceful events.

Unfortunate and disgraceful? Jesus Tapdancing Christ, unfortunate and disgraceful are words used for things that are actually important, not that your "beloved" gaming company don't give you the game you personally wanted. Quit being a self-entitled stuck up whiner and realize that things change. You wanna know what's unfortunate? Losing your job. You want to know what's disgraceful? Beating your spouse. You know what Mirror of Fate is? A bummer. A subpar event. A minor letdown.

Go outside and get some fresh air and realize that it's a video game. Set your damn priorities straight and stop the incessant complaining about how I didn't get what I want. You and the hundreds of others crawling out of the woodwork to bawl your eyes out about something this insignificant and tiny.

F***.

=D

Damn Frood hahaha. Easy on the GameFAQers lol.
---
Why are you NOT listening to White Skies when you could be listening to White Skies?!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MDhdP94TKc
#239Phantom_NookPosted 3/12/2013 7:57:44 AM
It's funny how Smashking complains about how people are whining when the game is different from before while saying "nobody should like Sticker Star lulz".
---
GT: Tommy XD001
3DS FC: 4682-8954-0442
#240Awesomely Awesome AJPosted 3/12/2013 8:28:45 AM
I do love when people say Lords of Shadow was a God of War rip off when God of War was a Rygar rip off.

But I started playing Mirror of Fate yesterday and I love it. It's a great blend of old and new
---
3DS 1160-9716-6904 Gamer Tag: AwesomeAJ x8
http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/heaven.gif?w=504&h=285