Thinking of Buying a 3DS, Have some questions

#1PenguinKoalaPosted 3/6/2013 9:24:28 AM
WIll I be able to play gameboy advanced games?
Metroid Fusion
Fire Emblem
etc

Is this good for people that like Japanese games? PS3 and 360 are pretty weak for those, so I want something that gets a lot more Japanese games.
#2PenguinKoala(Topic Creator)Posted 3/6/2013 9:26:48 AM
I'm also interested in Online games possibly like Hack n Slash types.
#3CannskePosted 3/6/2013 9:29:49 AM
Yes, you can play those GBA games on the 3DS

No, all games for the 3DS are made in America
---
This is war, survival is your own responsibility
#4MetalLokiPosted 3/6/2013 9:31:58 AM
Cannske posted...

TC just member this guy cause I really want to see the call out topic when you come back mad.
---
The official Loki of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
The beautiful female investigator Ai is the Space Guardian Academys top agent.
#5PenguinKoala(Topic Creator)Posted 3/6/2013 9:55:17 AM
Cannske posted...

Ok, won't be buying a 3ds. bye.
#6KittyPuppyPosted 3/6/2013 10:02:13 AM
The 3DS is actually shaping up to be THE system to have for Japanese games. If you're looking for a break from the big Hollywood style "console" experience that everyone is trying so hard to assimilate then seriously get a 3DS.
#7PenguinKoala(Topic Creator)Posted 3/6/2013 10:05:56 AM
KittyPuppy posted...
The 3DS is actually shaping up to be THE system to have for Japanese games. If you're looking for a break from the big Hollywood style "console" experience that everyone is trying so hard to assimilate then seriously get a 3DS.

Thanks, I'll probably pick one up this weekend.

Which one should I get? I really want to play a lot of DS games since I haven't had a gameboy since gameboy advanced.
#8hawkeye2188Posted 3/6/2013 10:08:44 AM
PenguinKoala posted...
KittyPuppy posted...

Which one should I get? I really want to play a lot of DS games since I haven't had a gameboy since gameboy advanced.

Your mind is like Play-Doh.
---
GT: hawkeye2188
#9PenguinKoala(Topic Creator)Posted 3/6/2013 10:10:02 AM
hawkeye2188 posted...
PenguinKoala posted...
KittyPuppy posted...

Your mind is like Play-Doh.

Ok
#10KittyPuppyPosted 3/6/2013 10:10:11 AM
If you can try them at a store or something see if the XL is comfy to you. I switched over to an XL around christmas and never plan to look back. It's especially good for DS games. The visuals aren't as washed out and the Dpad just feels better when you're playing something like Dawn of Sorrow. I really love the XL.