How similar are traditional Castlevanias to Dracula X chronicles?

#1_Izanagi_Posted 3/6/2013 1:35:35 PM
I've played Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles, as well as one or two GBA Castlevania games before. They were some of the worst games I've ever played. Dracula X was the worst PSP game I've ever played, without a doubt. Mirror of Fate a God of War style game, but there will probably be a traditional Castlevania game for the 3DS. So how similar would that be to Dracula X and the GBA ones?
---
"The Arcana is the means by which all is revealed."
#2GhetsisPosted 3/6/2013 1:38:33 PM
Classicvania is like Dracula X Chronicles. Stage-based, and actually challenging.

The GBA ones (except for Classic NES Series: Castlevania) are "Metroidvania," so they're piss-easy, exploration-based, and let you double-jump, fly, turn into a duck, and all kinds of ridiculous crap.
---
For those players who don't speak Australian, we have provided an English translation of the previous scene. Do you want to replay the scene?
#3_Izanagi_(Topic Creator)Posted 3/6/2013 1:42:09 PM
Oh, so that's what it is. You call Dracula X challenging? Sure, if having the main character moving around like he's got a wooden leg is challenging for you. Well, I suppose it certainly is. Another word for it would be stupid. That game is impossible to play. I'll play a 3DS Castlevania if it's a Metroidvania style, but yeah, Classic Castlevania is completely unplayable.
---
#4RyuVegasPosted 3/6/2013 1:48:49 PM
lol! I'm glad someone has the balls to completely call out those fans of "Classicvania." I thought I was the only one that thought the exactly same s*** about Dracula X Chronicles that you do, TC.
---
http://backloggery.com/ryuvega NP: Fire Emblem: Awakening
"I've seen Ryu on the MtG board so he's already cooler than most of you." ~ XImperialDragon
#5nonexistingheroPosted 3/6/2013 1:51:53 PM
_Izanagi_ posted...
Oh, so that's what it is. You call Dracula X challenging? Sure, if having the main character moving around like he's got a wooden leg is challenging for you. Well, I suppose it certainly is. Another word for it would be stupid. That game is impossible to play. I'll play a 3DS Castlevania if it's a Metroidvania style, but yeah, Classic Castlevania is completely unplayable.

It's not. It takes some getting used to, but the controls and physics are good. Much better than MoF.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#6Termin8rPosted 3/6/2013 3:44:05 PM
Playing as RIchter does really suck though because of the stupid-ass limitations on how he controls. I could never finish the game when playing as him. The game is overall much better and more fair if you play as Maria.
---
http://i41.tinypic.com/2yxi5h5.gif
#7_Izanagi_(Topic Creator)Posted 3/6/2013 9:17:35 PM
Termin8r posted...
Playing as RIchter does really suck though because of the stupid-ass limitations on how he controls. I could never finish the game when playing as him. The game is overall much better and more fair if you play as Maria.

Exactly.
---
#8n00bsaib0tPosted 3/6/2013 9:27:43 PM
RyuVegas posted...
lol! I'm glad someone has the balls to completely call out those fans of "Classicvania." I thought I was the only one that thought the exactly same s*** about Dracula X Chronicles that you do, TC.

In other words, you and that guy both suck and everyone that enjoys Classicvania games are lying about it. Good to know. I'm glad I'm capable of enjoying good games, it lets me enjoy Classicvania, Metroidvania, and whatever people are calling MOF. Good games are good games, quit throwing tantrums when you suck at them. The controls in Dracula X Chronicles are fine and I beat it in two days.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#9g6260Posted 3/6/2013 9:30:04 PM
What did you hate about the GBA games, TC?
---
GT: amillionknivezz
http://i.imgur.com/ComI0.gif
#10_Izanagi_(Topic Creator)Posted 3/6/2013 9:35:43 PM
n00bsaib0t posted...
RyuVegas posted...

In other words, you and that guy both suck and everyone that enjoys Classicvania games are lying about it. Good to know. I'm glad I'm capable of enjoying good games, it lets me enjoy Classicvania, Metroidvania, and whatever people are calling MOF. Good games are good games, quit throwing tantrums when you suck at them. The controls in Dracula X Chronicles are fine and I beat it in two days.

Yeah, but the thing about your opinion. It's invalid since you're a well-known troll.
---