How similar are traditional Castlevanias to Dracula X chronicles?

#21AkaneJonesPosted 3/7/2013 4:10:34 PM
I think a better question is what do you think of Rondo of Blood vs. Symphony of the Night. If you have Dracula X Chronicles, you technically have both. It's not like you have to beat the game to unlock them, so unless you truly are bad NES era Castlevania style wonky controls you should be able to reach that far into the game. At leased the always the classic complaint "You can't jump on stairs" doesn't apply here.
#22_Izanagi_(Topic Creator)Posted 3/7/2013 8:13:45 PM
Forget that. I'm not touching another Classicvania again.
---
"The Arcana is the means by which all is revealed."
#23ORANGE666Posted 3/7/2013 8:25:12 PM
Did you unlock Symphony of the Night in Dracula X Chronicles? It's the entire PS1 game, which is the best game in the franchise
#24HorrorSindicatePosted 3/8/2013 2:49:21 AM
So why didn't you use Maria then? She controls kinda like X IMO. I've never been a big fan of Classicvania's Belmont controls but the atmosphere and design in the games are fun.
---
I've seen the future, baby: it is murder
#25_Izanagi_(Topic Creator)Posted 3/8/2013 9:23:44 PM
Because I can't play the game long enough to unlock her.
---
#26HorrorSindicatePosted 3/8/2013 9:38:43 PM
_Izanagi_ posted...

Then you really are terrible. She's unlockable in the first or second level..
---
#27Furikuri_flclPosted 3/8/2013 9:41:43 PM(edited)
I agree that the controls in those games were terrible. Even if done by purpose, they just aren't good. The player should never have to fight the controls for the sake of artificial difficulty.

Even if you would unlock Maria which controls more closely to normal games with good controls, the game isn't much fun due to incessant cheapness. Enemies places where you can't hit them, attacks that come out of nowhere, and the likes.

It wouldn't be so bad if the game gave you room for error, but that's hardly the case.
---
Now Playing: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Terraria, The Ur-Quan Masters, Nexus: The Jupiter Incident.
#28_Izanagi_(Topic Creator)Posted 3/11/2013 10:11:02 PM
HorrorSindicate posted...
_Izanagi_ posted...

I didn't know that. I got all the way to Stage 4. Before ragequitting...
---
#29HorrorSindicatePosted 3/14/2013 6:58:40 AM
_Izanagi_ posted...
HorrorSindicate posted...
_Izanagi_ posted...

I didn't know that. I got all the way to Stage 4. Before ragequitting...

Not to be a complete ass.... But if you have internet access you should always look stuff like that up. And yeah she's in one of the earliest levels in the games. The process in getting her is a little bit of a pain but the gameplay you get after is SO worth it IMO.
---
#30jisatsu_kouiPosted 3/14/2013 7:13:18 AM
Wow, this topic is painful.

Just because you don't like a game, doesn't mean you're one to decide if it's good or bad. Perhaps for yourself, but dry those tears, and move on.

I don't like plenty of games (Pokemon is a good example), but I wouldn't call them bad games. Just something that's not for me.
---
XBL - RottenToTheGore PSN - TheSuperSadist
www.last.fm/user/Vaccy