Opinions!! Name a PS platformer that merits a revisit on the 3DS.

#31F150IIPosted 3/7/2013 12:32:04 AM
nonexistinghero posted...
Ape Escape is a Sony IP though.

...I take it you didn't read the topic title.
---
@TechnicalColor - posting everyday
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheDoublePlayGuys/featured - creators of the double play
#32nonexistingheroPosted 3/7/2013 12:49:42 AM
I did, but I thought it would be limited to choices that at least migh have a chance of appearing on the 3DS.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#33FefnirOmega13Posted 3/7/2013 1:08:34 AM
the Crash Bandicoot trilogy
Pandemonium
Croc 2
---
Bullet Hell fan, Cave and Touhou lover. <3 Patchouli Knowledge.
Playing: DeathSmiles, Fire Emblem 8, Rune Factory 3, Digimon World Dawn, Tales of Vesperia
#34BowtiesAreCoolPosted 3/7/2013 3:18:21 AM
The first three Crash and Spyro games.
#35lifeline81Posted 3/7/2013 4:42:02 AM
Kneekicker posted...
Tail Concerto.

---
Drippy: "This is why they say never work with children!" (Ni no Kuni)
PSN: BlueHippo12 - Playing: Sly 4, Ni no Kuni, Skyrim.
#36NoctemsorrowPosted 3/7/2013 6:55:55 AM
Skullmonkeys.

AkaneJones posted...
Hum... does Silhouette Mirage count as a platformer?
I know some would call it run 'n gun, being Treasure and all.
It was the Playstation equivalent to N64's Mischief Makers, just far less known.

I don't know, its more a Run'n Gun game, but it have a lot os platformers elements.
Just one thing, it was the Saturn equivalent to N64 Mischief Makers (both game are made buy treasure, so it not a coincidence), the PSX version was a port (inferior, but the only one on US).
#37McMarblesPosted 3/7/2013 7:33:53 AM
lifeline81 posted...
Kneekicker posted...
Tail Concerto.

We kinda-sorta got one on the DS.
---
Currently playing: Tales of the Abyss (3DS version), Pushmo
Rainbow Dash is best pony. Fact.
#38GhetsisPosted 3/7/2013 7:35:06 AM
urmomishawt04 posted...
Jersey Devil
Gex

Get on it. Underrated 3D platformers.

Gex is a 2D platformer...
---
For those players who don't speak Australian, we have provided an English translation of the previous scene. Do you want to replay the scene?
#39ChronoCactaurPosted 3/7/2013 8:02:43 AM
kuragari1anonly posted...
Yes to Klonoa

Already remade on Wii. Klonoa 2 on the other hand...
---
VideoGame Playthroughs: www.youtube.com/azuretranquility
See quote for hardcore M&LSSS
#40gransPosted 3/7/2013 8:34:58 AM(edited)
A Spyro revival would be really cool. Not any of the reboots or whatever, I'm talking about the Insomniac Spyro games. And since they actually went 3rd party apparently, such a thing could be possible. Except not really, not at all. Skylanders will ensure that would never happen. But one can dream...

Klonoa would be a great choice. The first game got a Wii remake not too long ago, though I don't know how well it sold. Would be neat to get a Klonoa 3.

Megaman X has graced both Nintendo and Sony platforms, but since it was technically a Sony series for some time, i'll take a new X game. Not going to happen obviously, but this is a big what if topic anyways.

I haven't played it in a VERY long time, but I have some nostalgic memories of a game called Jumping Flash 2. Never played the first one (pretty sure it was the sequel I played), but it was kind of a first person 3D platformer. Very interesting and actually fun game at the time. Don't know how well it would hold up today though. I'll have to give it a try sometime and see if my memories were correct about it being fun.

Gex is a 2D platformer...

There are several Gex games. The original is a 2D platformer but there were two sequels that were 3D platformers on PS1 and N64. The original is best IMHO though.
---
NEVER judge a game you have not played.
-Granville