Will you get Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D?

#21DiscomasterPosted 3/7/2013 5:57:21 AM
I'm undecided. One one hand, I already have the game and have completed it. On the other hand, both my consoles (PS3 and Wii U) aren't getting much use lately, more to do with me never being home to play them than having nothing to play... I have a sealed copy of Ni No Kuni that I've had since release. I also have a sealed copy of The Last Story. My 3DS has been getting most of my love lately, partially due to Fire Emblem... and looking at the games I'm interested in picking up this year, 3DS is stellar. I may just pick it up if I end up getting bored one day and feel like playing DKCR while I'm out. Who knows.
#22ShadowMario3Posted 3/7/2013 6:05:11 AM
Probably. Never owned the Wii version.
---
Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/ShadowMario3
#23JumpmandkPosted 3/7/2013 6:09:37 AM
I personally cant wait. This is my second most wanted title behind Luigis Mansion. I'm also looking forward to Animal Crossing, but I'm not sure I have time in my current life to devote to that title. LOL

Back to DKCR, I had it for Wii, but I had to give up playing, due to that waggle control crap. When the difficulty ramps up in game, precise controls are needed, and I wanted to throw my controller thru the screen.

I was super glad to see it coming out for the 3DS, as I though the game was very well made, and Retro did an excellent job bringing DKC to a new generation of players. Sadly, the controls where a HUGE mark against it, but now it can be redeemed. Plus the 3D looks pretty damn cool as well.
#24StephenYap3Posted 3/7/2013 6:25:00 AM
tamagoyorokobi posted...
I already played through the Wii version, so unless there's added content that justifies revisiting it, I'll pass.

This. I don't think I'll be enjoying the controls in this game, but if there really is a bunch load of content to make up for it, I may buy it.
---
Awaiting for Paper Mario, Final Fantasy (Classic style), Kirby, Donkey Kong, and Mario Sports Mix successor on Wii U...
#25abbyhitterPosted 3/7/2013 6:31:06 AM
Probably not. I have the Wii version. I didn't have any problems with the motion controls. I'll take big TV screen over 3D screen any day.
---
abbyhaxxor<3
I always rush here to tell GameFAQs my problems!
#26GhetsisPosted 3/7/2013 6:33:52 AM
No. I only played a few levels of the Wii version, and I didn't like it at all.

I'll just stick with the amazing trilogy.
---
For those players who don't speak Australian, we have provided an English translation of the previous scene. Do you want to replay the scene?
#27KaiRyusakiPosted 3/7/2013 6:53:18 AM
Mixed feelings

I want it on Wii, and im hoping it'll go on clearance due to 3D coming out

but 3D wont have shake to roll
#28ChronoCactaurPosted 3/7/2013 6:59:46 AM
If it has new content, I'll consider a purchase once the price drops. Shouldn't take more than a couple years. :/

Otherwise, my Wii version will suffice.
---
VideoGame Playthroughs: www.youtube.com/azuretranquility
See quote for hardcore M&LSSS
#29Gandalf the IstariPosted 3/7/2013 7:05:46 AM
Didn't play wii but will need to see reviews first.
#30EvonfirePosted 3/7/2013 7:08:02 AM
I missed the wii version also so I'll be getting it. Looks like a great platformer I do not want to miss out on.
---
I'm a 10+ year GameFaqs lurker. Friend Code: 3668-7314-6427.
Currently Playing: FE:A, and MH3U Demo.