Do we all agree that the 2 DS Zelda games were a DISGRACE on the series?

#1HellsingOrgPosted 3/7/2013 4:08:29 AM(edited)
Because of the FORCED TOUCH SCREEN CONTROLS?
I mean wtf was Nintendo thinking?

I swear to god that if the next Zelda game on Wii U or 3DS has stupid forced motion control or stupid forced touch screen controls I will quit the Zelda series forever.

Links Awakening DX, Oracle of Ages/Season or even Minish Cap are 10000000x better than Phantom Hourglass or Spirit Tracks.

and Link to the Past, Ocarina of Time, Majoras Mask aren 100000000x better than Twlight Princess Wii or Skyward Sword.

Anyone that doesn't think so either started playing Zelda games in 2005 and is a generation Z apple gaming facebook farmville angry bird loving gamer.

thats because those games didn't really on stupid forced gimmicks to appeal to the casual mainstream gamers.

Here is hoping 3DS and Wii U get GOOD Zelda games for the first time since the Gamecube/Gameboy Advance gen.
---
The bird of Hermes is my name eating my wings to make me tame.
#2strongo9Posted 3/7/2013 3:59:53 AM
I'm confused. Did you like TP and SS's motion controls are not? I liked them.
---
Want Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, Rayman Legends, and Bioshock Infinite.
i7-2670qm @ 2.2ghz | 6GB DDR3 | 1GB Geforce 540m
#3RX0megaPosted 3/7/2013 4:01:27 AM
I'd say the crap overall design of basically everything in those games was a far bigger problem than the touch controls.

Do people seriously still find them that much a problem? People were going on about them years ago -_- The problem with them was the lackluster...everything. The music was boring, the dungeons were lame (mostly), and the stories were nothing special (Linebeck was cool though, make a spine-off for him Nintendo!) It was those that lead me to consider PH a 5/10 game (would be a 6/10 game if it wasn't for that f***ing dungeon) and ST to be a 7/10 game.
---
Official Piplup of the Pokemon X board.
#4HellsingOrg(Topic Creator)Posted 3/7/2013 4:02:26 AM
strongo9 posted...
I'm confused. Did you like TP and SS's motion controls are not? I liked them.

I DESPISED them.

If Zelda started as a series that use motion controls from the 1st game then ok.

But if in one gen they just decide "hey lets make all our Zelda games have gimmicks!" and push stupid forced motion controls on games that everyone would like to play normally.

Dark Souls motion controls
Skyrim motion controls
Kingdom Hearts 3 motion controls
Final Fantasy 15 motion controls

>_> yeah every self respecting fan would hate those games if they ruined them with motion crap.
---
#5HellsingOrg(Topic Creator)Posted 3/7/2013 4:04:28 AM
RX0mega posted...
I'd say the crap overall design of basically everything in those games was a far bigger problem than the touch controls.

Do people seriously still find them that much a problem? People were going on about them years ago -_- The problem with them was the lackluster...everything. The music was boring, the dungeons were lame (mostly), and the stories were nothing special (Linebeck was cool though, make a spine-off for him Nintendo!) It was those that lead me to consider PH a 5/10 game (would be a 6/10 game if it wasn't for that f***ing dungeon) and ST to be a 7/10 game.

Well most of that is because the of touch controls.

See since Nintendo use touch controls they couldn't make very unique and elaborate cool and dungeons.
they whole game sucked because they built in around touch controls.
---
#6Tino_Tonitini2Posted 3/7/2013 4:08:48 AM(edited)
Nope. I thought they were, at the very least, decent. Flawed, yes, but certainly not a disgrace.

Generally, I was fine with the touchscreen controls. There were problems occasionally and rolling was a bit iffy in PH but, otherwise, they did not detract (much) from the experience. Having said that, I would prefer a more conventional control scheme in the next game.
#7Wynters387Posted 3/7/2013 4:12:38 AM
I thought they were fun. The touch screen controls were not an issue. The microphone panflute was the only thing that I hated. Both games had characters I love. Linebeck and Zelda with a personality.
---
Remember Senor, crafter of love.
President of the NDF Official Archeops of the Pokemon X Board
#8brStalkerPosted 3/7/2013 4:16:40 AM
Wynters387 posted...
I thought they were fun. The touch screen controls were not an issue. The microphone panflute was the only thing that I hated. Both games had characters I love. Linebeck and Zelda with a personality.

This. Though the flute wasn't an issue for me at all. I did find PS's sailing and main dungeon a boring, though.
---
"Which is more evil: Kidnapping a child to use as a tool for world domination, or using your blood child as a tool for world domination?"-Tyranidomega
#9HellsingOrg(Topic Creator)Posted 3/7/2013 4:16:46 AM
Wynters387 posted...

Linebeck was cool but sadly cool characters don't change the controls.
---
#10Wynters387Posted 3/7/2013 4:18:33 AM
HellsingOrg posted...
Wynters387 posted...

Linebeck was cool but sadly cool characters don't change the controls.

But sadly I didn't have as much of a whiny fit as you over controls.
---
Remember Senor, crafter of love.
President of the NDF Official Archeops of the Pokemon X Board