Do we all agree that the 2 DS Zelda games were a DISGRACE on the series?

#201VyersPosted 3/7/2013 10:30:56 PM
Mariofan15 posted...
"ST which made worse a lot of things people hated PH for doing?"

Fixed.

There actually was a reason you couldn't just walk off your boat in PH. You could go any way you actually wanted to. And there were no moronic "instadeath" evil trains in PH, one of the worst gameplay additions to a game ever conceived in the history of gaming. Plus that flute in ST was just horrible.

So yeah, ST was just... awful.

Lol,no. ST was by far,better then PH. That cant be argued because a lot of people agree with that. Your just trying to make ST look bad. The flute thing was annoying but not nearly as bad as people claim. And those evil trains are easy to dodge. Sounds like you just have problems with being good at the game.

I usually died from them after my lifeforce became drained by the incredible boredom of the train gimmick.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThankTheBear Subscribe for LPs of Pokemon Snap, The Legend of Zelda, Dragon Warrior, Super Mario Bros. 3, and more~!
#202xIvan321Posted 3/7/2013 11:10:41 PM(edited)
*RED ALERT: Hipsters and rabid Zelda fans are on the loose. All users of this topic evacuate immediately. I repeat, EVACUATE IMMEDIATELY!*

@TC: I had no problems with the touch screen controls in the DS Zelda games or the motion controls in skyward sword. In fact its the one thing that really impressed me which is why I like skyward sword since the developers were trying something new or at least perfecting it. It made the sword fights feel more realistic and that was a good thing for me. No more fiddling around with clumsy buttons that make you feel like you're attacking with a bland sword or shield. The only thing I didn't like about skyward sword was the camera. it was just so annoying pressing Z to center your view.
---
3DS FC:4425-1580-1611. Former MPH player of the KI:U board.
3DS chat: http://xat.com/mph93 SKYPE: xIvan321_
#203xIvan321Posted 3/7/2013 11:43:38 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#204The Hero Of TimePosted 3/8/2013 1:43:13 AM(edited)
Well, with all the talk about how 'awful' the overworld is in ST, I have to wonder... really, just how better are some of the other overworlds? You want the emptiness of Hyrule Field in both OoT and TP? MM's Termina Field really isn't much better... Or PH and WW's boring as heck oceans (hey, you actually had to pay more attention when using the train at least). SS... okay, the sections on the ground were pretty good, but was the sky area really much better? And don't tell me AoL has a fantastic overworld, either...

Now, LttP, LA, OoS/A, MC, and the original, those I would say are in fact better. Would not having the train really have made ST have a good overworld? You lose one of the main motifs of the game and some of the pre-dungeon puzzles, and for what, potentially another bland, empty overworld?

I honestly feel that PH was one of the weakest main Zelda games, but not for touch screen controls (lame magic, lame dungeons, Temple of the Ocean King is possibly the worst dungeon in the entire series). The only specific problem I had with ST was the stupid flute (blowing into the mic is a stupid idea and should never have been made); otherwise, I feel it's superior to PH (not to mention having possibly the best version of Princess Zelda in the series)
---
When Snake sees a "!" over someone's head, he runs and hides.
When the Pokemon Trainer sees a "!", he beats them up and takes their money.
#205AwesomeOSaucePosted 3/8/2013 2:06:10 AM
SSJ2__Gohan posted...
Pretty much everyone I know proved to me the 2 DS Zelda games were not intended for the Zelda fans.

All the Zelda fans I know including the ones who blindly say they love a Zelda game by just hearing its name? Hated the DS Zelda games.

All the Zelda haters I know including the blind bashers who immediately call a Zelda game terrible by just hearing its name? Loved the DS Zelda games.

I tried to like the 2 DS games, but I despised them both. Such terrible controls, and both games were incredibly dumbed down to accomodate the new controls.

I agree
---
http://soundcloud.com/sunnyterra/audio-recording-on-monday-29
^ Hermiione says my name and says I''m cute! ^_^
#206HellsingOrg(Topic Creator)Posted 3/8/2013 2:23:58 AM
mjc0961 posted...
Anyone worth listening does agree that they're a disgrace. Awful stories, awful gameplay, awful dungeons, awful overworlds, awful controls... Not a goddamn positive thing to say about either one of them. I'd rather give one of the CDI games a try before playing Phantom Hourglass or Spirit Tracks again.

Actually people always hate on the CDi Zelda games and Link the Faces of Evil and Wand of gamelon sucked BUT Zelda's Adventure was actually pretty decent.

In fact in my opinion

Zelda's adventure CDi > Zelda 2 >> Phantom Hourglass > Spirit Tracks > 2 remaining CDi zeldas
---
The bird of Hermes is my name eating my wings to make me tame.
#207VyersPosted 3/8/2013 3:19:39 AM
The Hero Of Time posted...
Well, with all the talk about how 'awful' the overworld is in ST, I have to wonder... really, just how better are some of the other overworlds? You want the emptiness of Hyrule Field in both OoT and TP? MM's Termina Field really isn't much better... Or PH and WW's boring as heck oceans (hey, you actually had to pay more attention when using the train at least). SS... okay, the sections on the ground were pretty good, but was the sky area really much better? And don't tell me AoL has a fantastic overworld, either...

Now, LttP, LA, OoS/A, MC, and the original, those I would say are in fact better. Would not having the train really have made ST have a good overworld? You lose one of the main motifs of the game and some of the pre-dungeon puzzles, and for what, potentially another bland, empty overworld?

I honestly feel that PH was one of the weakest main Zelda games, but not for touch screen controls (lame magic, lame dungeons, Temple of the Ocean King is possibly the worst dungeon in the entire series). The only specific problem I had with ST was the stupid flute (blowing into the mic is a stupid idea and should never have been made); otherwise, I feel it's superior to PH (not to mention having possibly the best version of Princess Zelda in the series)

LoZ - Great overworld, fantastic sense of "where the **** am I".

AoL - Very basic, served to get you where you needed to go efficiently.

OoT - You do realize that Zora's River and the like are part of the overworld, right? Same goes for MM and TP's extra areas.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThankTheBear Subscribe for LPs of Pokemon Snap, The Legend of Zelda, Dragon Warrior, Super Mario Bros. 3, and more~!
#208MrFwibblesPosted 3/8/2013 3:38:26 AM
I totally agree with the first post. Can't be bothered to read the rest of the thread because it's probably a typical GameFAQs thread. It's pretty obvious that the answer to the topic title is "no", because some people here have awful taste, but whatever.
---
DLC, online passes and the rise of casual budget gaming have ruined the video game industry.
http://i.minus.com/ikldA8ungvbD2.gif Black 2 FC: 4943-4917-6085
#209wurmtokenPosted 3/8/2013 3:46:52 AM
The controls for Twilight Princess didn't bug me so much because the flick for sword strikes was simple and quick while the aiming for clawshots I thought was also simple and quick.

That said I avoided Phantom Hourglass because I heard about the touch controls for movement. I had played a similar game for DS that shoehorned touch controls for movement and found it hideous.

Later on I decided to get Spirit Tracks because a friend said it was better than Hourglass and while it seemed to be true the forced touch movement controls ruined it for me. It basically just felt... tiresome I guess. Touchpad controls always feel like I'm trying to do very precise hand eye coordination for imprecise results. Results that would have been much more precise with a control pad or thumbstick which are easier to maneuver.
#210IHeartMetroidPosted 3/8/2013 3:55:15 AM
"Would not having the train really have made ST have a good overworld? "

I think the train might have bugged some people less if you could get off the damn thing and wander around- oh, and without the idiotic demon train things either.

But that's the problem with New Philosophy Nintendo, something that rubs a lot of classic gamers the wrong way.

It's not an optional thing.

Some gamers want to go straight from point A to point B in a game without looking around. Some gamers want to explore and poke around for things. For the latter kind of gamer, it's irritating when the game is constantly elbowing you to "get a move on" to the "next area" or, worse, when it just takes away any exploration option altogether in order to do so.
---
Currently ignoring 3 users.
If I haven't responded to a post directly addressed to me, that's probably why.