Do we all agree that the 2 DS Zelda games were a DISGRACE on the series?

#271LLL_DeadlyPosted 3/10/2013 3:34:53 PM
ORANGE666 posted...
Nintendo needs to beg Capcom to make more handheld zeldas for them. Nintendo has shown time and time again, how incapable they are.

Nintendo already took in all of the Capcom members that created the Oracles and The Minish Cap, so that's unnecessary.
#272SMASHKING84Posted 3/10/2013 3:52:40 PM
LLL_Deadly posted...
SMASHKING84 posted...
And even for a cell shaded game ww looks terrible. Look at tales of vesperia compared to ww. Still bright and vibrant but none of those deformed models,and no blurryness at all.

I love Vesperia, but its cel-shading is nowhere near as good as Wind Waker's.

lol your bias is showing.
---
Jirachi is the best pokemon
Welcome to my barbecue-kefka ffvi
#273SoaringDivePosted 3/10/2013 3:56:40 PM
I haven't liked a Zelda game since the original. It's all gimmick now.
---
PM (on GFaqs) me if you add me (I won't bite)
3DS: 2148-8150-1379 | Steam:SoaringDive | PSN:SoarDive
#274SMASHKING84Posted 3/10/2013 4:20:41 PM
" There's nothing to explore in TP. It's an empty POS." yep TOTALLY not attacking anyones views.

You bring up figurines and map pieces ok,but what's the point of collecting something that A.has no practical purpose
B.gives you no reward for collecting it.

It's like if i said that collecting all the fish in tp counts. Which it doesn't because there's no REASON to collect them.

I'm coming at this from an objective angle,so i'd point out that the ds duo and skyward sword have the MOST collectables that actually give you a reason to collect them.

The problem with that is most of the collectables come from killing foes so instead of looking for an item,your essentially GRINDING,grinding isn't exploring.

Before you can me bais,ONE this is the reason excude ruppees.
The other reason you cannot say it's bais is because that if you could literally collect infinite poe's souls,bugs or heart pieces from beating foes that'd count as grinding too.

Poes souls have a finite number of 99 and you cannot get more,heart peices are finite,as are bugs.
but any item you can get,use it you run out,and then restock over and over by beating enemies is grinding.

like i said this is why i excluded ruppes from tp.
and would exclude them from any zelda game unless they made it so that if you run out you can NEVER find more(think recovery hearts in skyward sword's hero mode)
---
#275VyersPosted 3/10/2013 5:30:45 PM
The value of discovering new lands that have treasure on them. It's a new idea that hasn't been done in a Zelda game before, and hasn't been done quite as effectively in any other game.

The value of collecting figurines is learning more about the subjects of the figurines, and the challenge of taking a good shot of every character and enemy. Same way that trophies are such fun things to collect in Melee.

In what way are the fish the same? They're just fish. They have no interesting merits on the same level as the figurines and mapping the world.

By 'da way

"I couldn't help but laugh my ass off at this part.
train simulator is a zelda game apparently."

"5.At least i don't praise a game purely because i like it's artstyle"

"Because unlike some people i don't pretend good graphics is all that matters. "
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThankTheBear Subscribe for LPs of Pokemon Snap, The Legend of Zelda, Dragon Warrior, Super Mario Bros. 3, and more~!
#276SMASHKING84Posted 3/10/2013 5:38:17 PM
And because i talk badly about a game that makes it ok for you to do so?

"An eye for an eye leaves everyone blind"
My issuse is you said you didn't like sequels that don't feel like past titles in the castlevania mof threads. Well that's the reason i dl ww,ph,st,and ss.

Zelda 1 was an open world game,you cannot deny that.
---
#277VyersPosted 3/10/2013 6:21:28 PM
"An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind" (fixed the quote for you) is a quote used by people who want to get away with doing something while lambasting people for doing the same thing.

Also, I did not say any such thing. What I said is that I don't like games that completely abandon their roots like LoS brand did.

Wind Waker still had traditional combat, traditional exploration methods.

And of course Zelda I was an open world game. A manageable one. One not as big and empty as Twilight Princess was. But hey, if you think that TP is only good based on the standards of 25 years ago, that's fine by me.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThankTheBear Subscribe for LPs of Pokemon Snap, The Legend of Zelda, Dragon Warrior, Super Mario Bros. 3, and more~!
#278SMASHKING84Posted 3/10/2013 6:43:47 PM
zelda 1 didn't flood the entire world with water.
alttp didn't,oot didn't,la didn't,oox didn't,mm didn't,tp didn't.

tp goes by a standard of a the entire series.
i'm convinced that you'd be fine with a zelda game set in space.

And the fact is that there's the concept of being the better man. If i see a man on tv kill thousands i guess i'm supposed to copy him instead of proving my worth through MY OWN good deeds.
---
#279IHeartMetroidPosted 3/11/2013 7:11:04 AM
"i'm convinced that you'd be fine with a zelda game set in space. "

It wouldn't be the first time Link's gone into space.

** Link's Awakening Spoilers **

At the end of LA you do ascend into space on a magic ladder in order to wake the Wind Fish (which is neither wind, nor fish), after you've obliterated the entire world you were on and all the good people that were on it and they've faded into the miasma of nothingness... and then you find out that you were actually running around inside your own head the entire time.

** End Link's Awakening Spoilers **

I wish today's Zelda creators were that creative, instead of "Here's a TRAIN with TRAIN PEOPLE and an EVIL guy!"

Sigh.

:(
---
Currently ignoring 3 users.
If I haven't responded to a post directly addressed to me, that's probably why.
#280VyersPosted 3/11/2013 1:16:51 PM
SMASHKING84 posted...
zelda 1 didn't flood the entire world with water.
alttp didn't,oot didn't,la didn't,oox didn't,mm didn't,tp didn't.

tp goes by a standard of a the entire series.
i'm convinced that you'd be fine with a zelda game set in space.

And the fact is that there's the concept of being the better man. If i see a man on tv kill thousands i guess i'm supposed to copy him instead of proving my worth through MY OWN good deeds.

Space is not a concept introduced after the events of Zelda. The fact is that Link on a boat is extremely realistic, and in fact, was done before in Link's Awakening.

But you take this too literally. Traditional exploration is a thing that cannot be immediately observed in a Zelda game. Traditional exploration allows players to explore freely, off rails. TP doesn't do that. They direct you, constantly, to where you need to go, whereas after a certain point, you are allowed to explore all over the ocean, such a large area that you will constantly find new things to take in. The Wind Waker is perhaps the truest sequel to the original Zelda, in that for the first time since it I felt that I was exploring an uncharted world, where people are scarce. Every tower, I'm so intensely curious what treasure i may find. Every Big Octo, every uninhabited island, every whatever, I felt like I was adventuring and discovering. TP doesn't do that. I know everything - I know too much.
---