Do we all agree that the 2 DS Zelda games were a DISGRACE on the series?

#71LLL_DeadlyPosted 3/7/2013 8:19:57 AM
When it comes to Zelda, this board is horrible.

First people are bashing OoT and its genius, cohesive game design simply because Hyrule Field is outdated, and now people are calling the DS Zeldas a disgrace to the series?

Spirit Tracks was great. A good amount of content, one of the best incarnations of Zelda, and New Hyrule ftw. I won't say anything for Phantom Hourglass, but it definitely isn't a disgrace.
#72BadDecisionsPosted 3/7/2013 8:20:27 AM
Phantom Hourglass was a good game with a great new control scheme that needed refining.
Spirit Tracks is one of the best games in the franchise.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSLJJDRA-jQ
Rate and subscribe. Very good best videos all the day!
#73DiscomasterPosted 3/7/2013 8:24:50 AM
SMASHKING84 posted...
at disco no just map the motion controls to the second analog same effect but far more accurate.

the stab could be pressing the analog like a button,and random twitch motions could assigned to a button as well.

it's nobody's fault but your own that you have no imagination.

Oh trust me, I've thought of that. But then I remember what Ioved about Wind Waker... That I had amazing camera control with the right stick. Plus that style of control doesn't work as well as you would think... It's been done, check out Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance. I got fed up and just started using Square and Triangle to do my attacks instead... Thanks to Platinum Games for making that an option.
#74xKYSxPosted 3/7/2013 8:27:49 AM(edited)
you forgot in my opinion TC.
---
360 GT & PSN = xKYSx.
#75ArseenPosted 3/7/2013 8:29:59 AM
HellsingOrg posted...
Because of the FORCED TOUCH SCREEN CONTROLS?
I mean wtf was Nintendo thinking?

I swear to god that if the next Zelda game on Wii U or 3DS has stupid forced motion control or stupid forced touch screen controls I will quit the Zelda series forever.

Links Awakening DX, Oracle of Ages/Season or even Minish Cap are 10000000x better than Phantom Hourglass or Spirit Tracks.

and Link to the Past, Ocarina of Time, Majoras Mask aren 100000000x better than Twlight Princess Wii or Skyward Sword.

Anyone that doesn't think so either started playing Zelda games in 2005 and is a generation Z apple gaming facebook farmville angry bird loving gamer.

thats because those games didn't really on stupid forced gimmicks to appeal to the casual mainstream gamers.

Here is hoping 3DS and Wii U get GOOD Zelda games for the first time since the Gamecube/Gameboy Advance gen.

Agreed that forced motion controls are stupid, this goes to New Super Mario Bros U also.
Why the **** did they eliminate Pro Controller use.
---
I AM THE TRUE PLAYER
#76lanifPosted 3/7/2013 8:32:40 AM
phantom hourglass was cool but then it just felt odd just because a system has a new style of play touch screen touch pad whatever a good old game gad in your hands is always the way to go
---
Thalia, Guardian of Thraben sometimes she hits me first!!!!
#77PSI_IKEPosted 3/7/2013 8:37:14 AM
Wynters387 posted...
You must be quite rotund to consider yourself "most of the Zelda community."

I lol'd.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4vCEHpv6Hg&feature=relmfu
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BOw6QPt1-g
#78MajinKogahazanPosted 3/7/2013 8:39:25 AM
RX0mega posted...
I'd say the crap overall design of basically everything in those games was a far bigger problem than the touch controls.

Do people seriously still find them that much a problem? People were going on about them years ago -_- The problem with them was the lackluster...everything. The music was boring, the dungeons were lame (mostly), and the stories were nothing special (Linebeck was cool though, make a spine-off for him Nintendo!) It was those that lead me to consider PH a 5/10 game (would be a 6/10 game if it wasn't for that f***ing dungeon) and ST to be a 7/10 game.

Yeah this stuff pretty much

I would of liked traditional controls, but they were far from being the biggest problems. I wouldn't call the games a disgrace either, just lackluster.
---
Read a Nuzlocke by me and a friend at: http://blue-heracross.deviantart.com/
Dubs>Subs
#79NolaxPosted 3/7/2013 8:43:22 AM
Laughing at tc's rage....but also agree with him, i haven't even touched the last few Zelda games because of the motion controls.
#80XavuuPosted 3/7/2013 8:58:49 AM
The DS Zelda games are excellent.
---
Choice Band STAB surprise Quick Attack. Staraptor.