Do we all agree that the 2 DS Zelda games were a DISGRACE on the series?

#81blingusPosted 3/7/2013 8:59:56 AM
I agree completely that PH & ST & SS were not fun for me because of the touchscreen controls (DS) and SS reliance on Wii motion plus.

Although, I did love TP Wii because it was obvious after playing the CGN version that the motion controls were added (or tacked on) the Wii version and were not that much of a hassle to me. SS was just unplayable after 3 hours because of WM+.

And yes, I really hope that both WW HD and the "Zelda U" don't use gimmicky touchscreen or motion controls that don't fit. For example, I read somewhere that the Tingle Tuner thing will be included with WW HD because of the U's game pad and that makes sense.

Overall, I agree with the TC. If "Zelda U" combines SS's motion controls and PH's (ST's) terrible touchscreen navigation, I will drop the series after WW HD.
---
7200rpm 320GB(OG 60)+320GB Slim PS3s, Reach+Gears 360s, Black Wii U, Modded Xbox, Black Sega DC+Saturn, Panasonic Q, PSP, 64GB iPhone 4S+iPad 4, 3DS XL, PSVITA!
#82Darklit_RequiemPosted 3/7/2013 9:00:16 AM
IF they build DS Zelda games without touch screen, there will be another gamer complain:
"DS has touchscreen capability and these DS Zelda games do not use them. What the hell are Nintendo thinking?"

And to me, those complaints will be more valid because the hardware is capable of doing something like that but the developer do not use it.
It's just you develop PS2 graphic game for PS3.

Uh...no. It's possible to use the touch screen to benefit gaming without FORCING people to use it. Most great DS games are completely touchscreen optional - you could use it to move around or go through menus, but you could also do those with the dpad and buttons. I could turn your complaint back against you and say "The DS has buttons and a dpad, why the hell is Nintendo ignoring the assets of a system?"

When it gets to the point where you can't even move around or go through text boxes with the buttons/dpad, I consider it horrible game design
---
~When life leaves us blind, love keeps us kind~
#83RetroFanGirlPosted 3/7/2013 9:07:02 AM
Nope, the touch controls are more tolerable than motion controls. I can't even play the Wii Twilight Princess, at least Skyward's isn't tacked on.
---
Hi.
#84F1areaGamanPosted 3/7/2013 9:07:48 AM
I just don't like touch screen controls in general.

I also just really didn't like the DS Zelda games. They could have just been very impressive 2D games, with awesome, DS quality sprites, etc.

But no, they had to tout "touch control."

It's not as bad when played on the the DSXL or the 3DSXL, much easier to control...but why changed it up like that??

imo the biggest innovation and the reason I like the DS family is the two screens. This allows for less clutter on small, portable screens.
---
Pokemon Black FC: 2923-8369-0008 SoulSilver FC: 1119-2477-4355 Diamond FC: 0002-1844-7966
PSN: Flareyman
#85AwesomeOSaucePosted 3/7/2013 9:23:32 AM(edited)
LMAO xD at the gamers here saying they love the DS and Wii Zeldas.!

Sure TP was good on GC and SS had a nice art style but most of these games had atrocious dungeons, puzzles, storyline, repetiveness, bad combat, slow boring etc...

Nintendo want to prove to their investors that they weren't failures and wanted to show off how innovative they were by using touch and motion only controls.

Well it failed and I don't enjoy moving link with a stylus or killing enemies on wii by moving my wrist back and forth.

I'm actually worried if Nintendo is even capable of making good new original zelda games because since the gamecube and gameboy advance which had the last good zelda games -they have all been very bad in my opinion.
---
http://soundcloud.com/sunnyterra/audio-recording-on-monday-29
^ Hermiione says my name and says I''m cute! ^_^
#86zinformantPosted 3/7/2013 9:26:18 AM
AwesomeOSauce posted...
Sure TP was good on GC and SS had a nice art style but most of these games had atrocious dungeons, puzzles, storyline, repetiveness, bad combat, slow boring etc..

The same design problems apply to the entire series. The Zelda series reduces down to chasing MacGuffins...in every game in the series except those odd spin-offs a few folks mentioned whihc don't count.
---
Go to Gamestop, buy a Steam card, and use it to purchase Ys Origin. You won't be disappointed.
For more info: http://www.worldofys.com/yso/
#87Gogito4Posted 3/7/2013 9:26:57 AM
l liked them... and SS is my favourite Zelda, period.

Funny how OPINIONS go, huh?
---
Excited for: MHTri U, Fire Emblem Awakening, FFVSXIII (It will come out... eventually. Right?)
Dissidia 012: Main:Terra Subs:Squall,WoL,Cloud and Kain.
#88LLL_DeadlyPosted 3/7/2013 9:33:01 AM
AwesomeOSauce posted...

Sure TP was good on GC and SS had a nice art style but most of these games had atrocious dungeons, puzzles, storyline, repetiveness, bad combat, slow boring etc...

Nintendo want to prove to their investors that they weren't failures and wanted to show off how innovative they were by using touch and motion only controls.

Well it failed and I don't enjoy moving link with a stylus or killing enemies on wii by moving my wrist back and forth.

I'm actually worried if Nintendo is even capable of making good new original zelda games because since the gamecube and gameboy advance which had the last good zelda games -they have all been very bad in my opinion.

TP, atrocious dungeons and puzzles? Are you kidding me?

TP has the best dungeons in the series, and the storyline is 2nd to only The Wind Waker.
#89deimos91Posted 3/7/2013 9:33:20 AM
Nope cannot and will not agree not as good as the others yes a disgrace or bad no way
---
steam:fartman91/3DSFC:3265-5740-7951
#90SMASHKING84Posted 3/7/2013 9:41:09 AM
LLL_Deadly posted...
AwesomeOSauce posted...

TP, atrocious dungeons and puzzles? Are you kidding me?

TP has the best dungeons in the series, and the storyline is 2nd to only The Wind Waker.

i agree with the first part.
but personally i felt tp had the better plot.
mostly because of how well they developed midna's back story and the twili stuff. though ww is still high on the list for plots.
---
Jirachi is the best pokemon
Welcome to my barbecue-kefka ffvi