Buying digital games when you have physical

#1Dark MousyPosted 3/7/2013 2:07:35 PM
Anyone else find themselves torn sometimes? I'm considering getting Mercs mainly because its so cheap and I would probably play it more if it were always on my 3DS. It's not the kind of game id prefer to take up a game card slot, ya know?

The only other one I've considered is star fox, because I am such a fan of the game, and I know I can always pick up and play that one. However to shell out an additional $40 is kind of steep. Heck, I picked up mercs on a ransom sale for $9 at toys r us, so the money doesn't even bother me there.

I'd probably be more keen, especially with star fox, if they would hurry up with that save data transfer. I dunno.

Anyone else in the same boat? Or did just the anti digital flame boys open this topic? ;)
---
PSN: Alchemix19
3DS: 1590-4954-3719
#2Dark Mousy(Topic Creator)Posted 3/7/2013 2:09:26 PM
By the way, this isn't a topic another digital vs physical. It's about moving from physical to digital. So please, no "omg if u lose yr 3DS" whines.
---
#3PhantomPuppetPosted 3/7/2013 2:10:28 PM
Dark Mousy posted...
I would probably play it more if it were always on my 3DS. It's not the kind of game id prefer to take up a game card slot, ya know?

Someone finally understands! :D
Yes, I know that feel.
---
"You want me to tell you? Gee... I don't know... I just HATE spoilers!" -Larxene (KH CoM)
#4Dark Mousy(Topic Creator)Posted 3/7/2013 2:12:44 PM
Yay!
---
#5PhantomPuppetPosted 3/7/2013 2:13:59 PM
Sorry for double post but just earlier today, I was actually thinking about something that might not happen. Like if you had the physical game, I thought maybe Nintendo would make like a transfer thingy to put the entire game onto the system. Not transfer save data from physical to digital (Speaking of, isn't this supposed to happen in Spring...?)
---
"You want me to tell you? Gee... I don't know... I just HATE spoilers!" -Larxene (KH CoM)
#6IamPeanutButterPosted 3/7/2013 2:19:23 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#7MrKunioPosted 3/7/2013 2:21:41 PM
Dont be lazy! Switching a game takes 2 seconds... Idk i just like to have the physical games myself.

Please buy physical copies because it will be sad if they all go away. There would be no games at stores to check out. Eventually games will all disappear from shops, retail shops, and anywhere that would sell games because collectors like myself would own them, and the fun of collecting and finding rare games would end.
---
Official Mr. Bousouzoku 1986
3DS Fc: Mr. Kunio - 3437-4087-1475
#8IamPeanutButterPosted 3/7/2013 2:22:31 PM
Dark Mousy posted...
It's not the kind of game id prefer to take up a game card slot, ya know?

Actually, I feel the exact opposite. When I like a game well enough, I want to collect its entirety. Not only do I want have its ghost, I also need its body (case, manual, inserts, cover art, etc.). It always has my permission to borrow that single slot.

Games that haven't truly earned my passion and admiration generally fall into the ranks of digital.

#9dominatinggamerPosted 3/7/2013 2:23:25 PM
PhantomPuppet posted...
Sorry for double post but just earlier today, I was actually thinking about something that might not happen. Like if you had the physical game, I thought maybe Nintendo would make like a transfer thingy to put the entire game onto the system. Not transfer save data from physical to digital (Speaking of, isn't this supposed to happen in Spring...?)

And delete the game from the cartridge? Seems that would make it too easy to buy one game and then "sell" copies to your friends at no cost to you. Even the xbox360 that allows you to "download" the game still requires you use the disc. Idk, but to me that sounds very unlikely if it's even possible.

To your original point: I completely understand. I want to buy digital because I'm not going to want to carry around my 3ds XL and a container of games everywhere I go. Sure it's not a huge deal to carry cartridges but it's enough that I don't want to do it. So far I have zero physical copies of games and I'm a huge reseller. I'd sell my PC games if I could lol (damn you steam and your deals!!!). Games that I'm on the fence about I'll prob buy the physical copy and "for sure" games I'm more likely to buy digitial. The new pokemon dungeon game or luigis mansion may be a physical purchase for me but a game like MH3U would be perfect digital for me to buy digitally because I'll play that hundreds of hours.
---
With friends like you, who needs enemies?
#10DeathSoul2000Posted 3/7/2013 2:33:52 PM
i agree. there are a few nintendo games which feel MADE for DD imo, like pilotwings PBR and mario kart.