Buying digital games when you have physical

#31PaperDolphinPosted 3/9/2013 11:30:15 PM
But...if you lose your 3ds...and it takes up so much space...
---
Waddle Dee and Toad for SSB4!
#32Thunderbird8Posted 3/9/2013 11:50:16 PM
I don't know about anyone else, but I have a 32GB SD card that was only about $30, and it currently has over 190,000 blocks still free on it, with a handful of digital retail games on it. I'm not running out of space anytime soon. And if I somehow do, people have gotten cards up to 128GB to work with the system, so I'd just get a bigger card.

Where possible, I don't want my games to be tied to my console as my console is of a gender-specific color (a.k.a. pink, no matter how you guys want to argue it out, pink is a color traditionally assigned to females).

I understand that I still have to pay for DLC stuff, which are tied to the console but that's fine with me as long as I like the game enough. Just don't wish to pay for a digital copy of the basic game.

You can transfer your system data (including purchases) from one 3DS to another. I did this last week after buying a new XL and the process was relatively simple (even the DSiWare save data was transferred, which isn't something that happens with the DSi->3DS transfer).