SD Card transfer

#1elstevostinkoPosted 3/7/2013 9:41:19 PM
Hi all... I recently bought a Mario Kart 7 3DS XL Bundle and was wondering how to transfer Mario Kart 7 to a different SD card.

I bought a 16GB card because I wanted more storage but cant figure out how to transfer content from 1 card to the other.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance!
---
GT: NYNJUH
Grunts are even prettier on the inside, that's why I use grenades!
#2Gamemaster64Posted 3/7/2013 9:57:23 PM
SD card-> PC -> SD card
---
Not much of potato he said but potato he wrote.
#3jim200Posted 3/7/2013 10:03:07 PM
Gamemaster64 posted...
SD card-> PC -> SD card

This but if you want more detailed instructions it's something like this in Windows 7:

Put your SD card in your computer, go to My Computer, open the SD card (it'll have a picture of it to help you know which one it is).

Then copy either the whole contents of the SD card, or if you can somehow find Mario Kart 7 just copy that, then paste it to your desktop preferably in it's own discernible folder.

Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media the SD card, take it out, put the new SD card in your PC, go to my computer, find the new SD card, paste the stuff on the desktop you just copied, then put it in your 3DS.

I hope that helped without being too meticulous.
---
Thinking Is Destructive
PSN: Jemi200 ::: 3DS FC: 5129-0276-3428 Name: Jemi
#4elstevostinko(Topic Creator)Posted 3/7/2013 10:04:11 PM
that was the first thing i tried but for some reason it didnt work.... anything else i can try?
---
#5jim200Posted 3/7/2013 10:05:20 PM
Are you sure the new SD card is formatted as FAT32?
---
Thinking Is Destructive
#6elstevostinko(Topic Creator)Posted 3/7/2013 10:18:39 PM
Fat32 showing 14.8GB available...

Also, I was going to try plugging in a USB card reader and go from PC-card reader directly to the USB card reader SD to SD but for some reason my USB reader isn't reading SD cards right now so that option is out...
---
#7jim200Posted 3/7/2013 10:21:38 PM
How to Transfer Data Between SD Cards

Description:
Step by step instructions on how to transfer data from one SD Card to another SD Card.

(Looking for instructions on transferring software from one Nintendo 3DS to another Nintendo 3DS? Click here for help.)

Important Note!

Need: Two compatible SD cards or SDHC cards

Need: An SD Card slot on a PC or Mac or a commercially available SD card reader/writer

Do Not: Alter, move, or erase files in the Nintendo 3DS folder.

Do Not: Overwrite data by recopying to the same SD card.

What to do:

Insert the SD card with the Nintendo 3DS data into the SD card slot or the SD card reader/writer.

Open Windows Explorer (for PC) or Finder (for Mac) and access the SD card.

Highlight the data and drag it to the desktop.

Eject the first SD card.

Insert the second SD card into the slot or reader/writer.

Using Windows Explorer or Finder, locate and access the SD card again.

Drag the data from the desktop to the second SD card.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's the process straight from Nintendo. It's better to iterate the process that way to try to succeed. Maybe you can only copy ALL the contents of the SD card over.
---
Thinking Is Destructive
#8elstevostinko(Topic Creator)Posted 3/7/2013 10:30:48 PM
For some reason the posts just seem like you are trying to talk louder and slower... like when people try to say something to someone who doesn't understand english...

Truth is I've probably forgotten more about computers than most people learn... I am well aware of how to transfer content between devices, SD cards, USB, computers.
I just went through the exact same process listed above to transfer content between 2 memory sticks for PSP rather successfully i might add... which is why i am absolutely stumped as to why this is not working.

Explaining the exact same thing in different ways is not going to change the end result...
I'm not trying to be rude or anything, and mean no offense... i am being annoyed by the fact that the above is not working... I posted here because i was wondering if there are any methods that i was not aware of but it appears that all i can do is what i've been doing already...

Thank you for your time anyways however and I appreciate that people tried to help...
I think i might need a nap before i get back to this though because I've been trying for over an hour now...

Also... Since Mario Kart 7 was pre-installed... is it possible to download it without being charged?
Since it is the only thing on the SD card to begin with... I'm not losing anything but Mario Kart by putting in a new card.
---
#9elstevostinko(Topic Creator)Posted 3/7/2013 10:32:41 PM
Another update...

I just noticed that the SD card with Mario Kart shows 2.9GB occupied but the copied folder only shows 1.6GB size.... is there anything that would be preventing Mario Kart 7 from being copied?
---
#10jim200Posted 3/7/2013 10:36:14 PM
It wouldn't hurt to call Nintendo.

Considering you get a thoughtful rep on the line, that is.
---
Thinking Is Destructive