Played the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon demo today.

#1SakurafanboyPosted 3/7/2013 9:15:10 PM
Must say i was quite pleased with it. I had read about this on Serebii after its Japanese release and I felt like the game would be rather...lackluster. Granted, that could still be the case because my issue when I read about it is that it seems short and has very few Pokemon in the dungeons. However, that being said, the actual gameplay is a lot better than in previous PMDs. Its not changed up much, but it has been fine tuned. You move faster, and easier to see what moves you have, etc. Its those small tweaks that made so much better for me.

Also must say the 3D models are looking gorgeous. Makes excited for X and Y later this year. The 3D models for the rest of the pokemon would probably be very amazing. Overall, great demo and it should sell people on the game I feel. Just note: it takes an ungodly amount of time to download.
---
Team Gracidea - We live to love!
Proud fan of all that is Shaymin!
#2danielmgPosted 3/7/2013 9:54:31 PM
The only problem I had with the demo was that I couldn't tell if the final game is going to be harder and require some strategy. The demo was pretty easy.
---
cartoondan.com
#3ssbmrocksPosted 3/7/2013 10:29:59 PM
danielmg posted...
The only problem I had with the demo was that I couldn't tell if the final game is going to be harder and require some strategy. The demo was pretty easy.

If the previous games are anything to go by, you can count on it.
---
Them ain't your funyuns, them's Foxxy's funyuns.
#4danmiy12Posted 3/8/2013 12:13:11 AM
Try some of the magnagate dungeons they are a little harder <and the items transfer to main game>
---
My 3ds FC:0989-1899-7615 pm me if you want to add me
#5TerotrousPosted 3/8/2013 10:47:47 AM
I haven't had a chance to download it yet (I'm at work), but I'm watching a video and I'm pretty impressed by the animations. The models really look good. Pikachu even runs on four legs rather than waddling around on two.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "GBA Summon Night Swordcraft Story"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
#6Bancario51Posted 3/8/2013 12:07:42 PM
how pleased were you? I liked it when they let me name my partner and then after carefully thinking up a name and entering it the demo ended.
---
What is the meaning of life? A: Nanomachines, son
If you agree to be my wangdingo, quote my level and karma~
#7Jrx1Posted 3/8/2013 12:52:40 PM
danielmg posted...

SPOILERS (Not story spoiling, just difficulty spoiling):

After you recruit Landorus, you basically solo'd the game. Landorus' Earthquake lets you easily get through Dungeons and Boss Battles.
---
Official Arceus of the Pokemon X and Y boards
~The God of Pokemon!~
#8OoSubaruoOPosted 3/8/2013 12:54:42 PM
Sakurafanboy posted...
Must say i was quite pleased with it. I had read about this on Serebii after its Japanese release and I felt like the game would be rather...lackluster. Granted, that could still be the case because my issue when I read about it is that it seems short and has very few Pokemon in the dungeons. However, that being said, the actual gameplay is a lot better than in previous PMDs. Its not changed up much, but it has been fine tuned. You move faster, and easier to see what moves you have, etc. Its those small tweaks that made so much better for me.

Also must say the 3D models are looking gorgeous. Makes excited for X and Y later this year. The 3D models for the rest of the pokemon would probably be very amazing. Overall, great demo and it should sell people on the game I feel. Just note: it takes an ungodly amount of time to download.

Should also mention, that the demo data transfers over to the full game. Like with Etrian Odyssey IV.
#9Gavin_RozeePosted 3/8/2013 5:47:19 PM
I'm in the UK, so no demo. How is this game for a Pokemon fan who has never played a Mystery Dungeon or any game like it before?
---
Wii U Nintendo Network ID: "Gavintendo".
See profile for 3DS Friend Code and PSN ID. Feel free to add me.
#10Tzuba12Posted 3/8/2013 7:29:12 PM
Gavin_Rozee posted...
I'm in the UK, so no demo. How is this game for a Pokemon fan who has never played a Mystery Dungeon or any game like it before?

Its good. I don't play any of the spinoffs except Mystery Dungeon, and they were the first games of its genre that I ever played. You should play the first 2, too. They're great games and the story sometimes pulls at your heartstrings.
---
3DS: 0146-8850-9059
Steam: Tzuba