3DS Wifi connectivity is god awful.

#1AzurexNightmarePosted 3/8/2013 10:41:21 AM
Sorry guys. I love Nintendo and I love my 3DS but the wifi connection is crap.

My PS3 connects to the Wifi perfectly, my PC connects to the Wifi perfectly, my Vita connects to the Wifi perfectly, and my smart phone connects to the Wifi perfectly. My wifi is currently on (using it to type this) and all of my devices are currently online with the Wifi and everything is SOLID.

My 3DS however likes to pretend that there is no internet connection. I have the proper password, proper password type, proper EVERYTHING because it HAS connected before. It connects when I reset the router and then later on it magically disconnects itself and, again, pretends that there is no internet connection.

Its a 3DS XL, it is still new, and I have not damaged it in any way.

I have also tried disconnecting EVERYTHING off the Wifi except for the 3DS itself, and still nothing. I tried turning off the 3DS and turning it back on. Nothing. I tried turning off the wireless (with the button on the right) and turning it back on. Nothing.

The 3DS is a great system and I might get flamed for this but this is seriously really really stupid and ridiculous. And I know that some people will come in and say "This has never happened to me." Well good for you. It's happening to me. Not trying to sound like a jerk I am just saying. This is a really stupid problem to have and I doubt it will be fixed as it seems like more of a hardware issue than software.

Why the hell does the 3DS do this crap? Nintendo isn't new to online so wtf? I swear my regular DS had better connectivity.
---
PS3, Vita, 3DS. PSN: xLionhartx
Creator of the popular Ameno Sagiri and Friends
#2ghostblade003Posted 3/8/2013 10:44:17 AM
It could be the proximity. I know that that is the reason every system I have craps out when it comes to online- except for my 360, but I don't have gold, so oh well.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
PSN: DarkJustice77. Wii/DS/3DS codes: Just ask.
#3AzurexNightmare(Topic Creator)Posted 3/8/2013 10:45:50 AM
ghostblade003 posted...
It could be the proximity. I know that that is the reason every system I have craps out when it comes to online- except for my 360, but I don't have gold, so oh well.

I am extremely close to my router.

I did a little research and apparently it works best if you have WEP?

I have another kind of security (dont remember what but its not WEP)

I guess ill change it to WEP. I had no idea that something like that could affect a device...
---
#4SefcaBlightPosted 3/8/2013 10:46:53 AM
i have awful internet

must be the 3ds' fault!
---
I walk ten thousand miles, ten thousand miles to see you
#5AzurexNightmare(Topic Creator)Posted 3/8/2013 10:47:47 AM
I need internet so I can buy some Theatrhythm (i have so much trouble spelling that word...and if I say FFT people will think I mean tactics lol.) DLC and that Sakura/Sakurai whatever game..with the samurai? I hope its still on sale for $5.
---
#6AzurexNightmare(Topic Creator)Posted 3/8/2013 10:49:10 AM
SefcaBlight posted...
i have awful internet

must be the 3ds' fault!

Every time I argue with someone like you it always goes nowhere so im just going to state that I have never had issues with my other devices and when I play online on my PS3 i rarely get lag.

Are you telling me that I need top of the class internet in order to access the eshop?

If you continue to post crap like this I will simply not reply.
---
#7De_Blob_XPosted 3/8/2013 10:54:14 AM
Well i dont have this problem and i dont use internet on 3ds except for swapnote and REvelations raid mode but i do hate how its like you have to go to settings n then search for wifi then test instead of when going on internet just search n do the job.
---
Consoles I own: | PS1 | PS2 | PSP | PS3 | 3DS |
3DS FC: 2148-9559-6439 BW2: 1593 3201 9849
#8iMURDAuPosted 3/8/2013 10:57:01 AM
Your problem is not typical and you shouldn't slander the system because you don't have your security and/or settings properly set up. I live in a 3rd floor apartment and I get spotpass notifications in the parking lot. I can park at a McDonalds and get wi-fi access. Try troubleshooting your problem before calling something god awful.
---
Make the worst possible retailer an exclusive for a masterpiece game.. It's like putting Rolex into a Walmart."
-LordClyde on Gamestop selling Xenoblade
#9AzurexNightmare(Topic Creator)Posted 3/8/2013 10:57:59 AM
De_Blob_X posted...
Well i dont have this problem and i dont use internet on 3ds except for swapnote and REvelations raid mode but i do hate how its like you have to go to settings n then search for wifi then test instead of when going on internet just search n do the job.

Yeah. Nintendo makes some sturdy ass handhelds and consoles (they ALWAYS take a good beating) and their software line up is great but as far as internet goes they have always been behind other companies.

GameCube was severely behind on online, DS had online but it was extremely restricted with friendcodes (one unique FC per game)

3DS got better but its still archaic and less streamlined.

I never owned a Wii so I cant say and dont use the Wii U.

If they would fix their online BS they would be perfect.
---
#10rizsparkyPosted 3/8/2013 11:00:56 AM
My 3DS XL has the same signal strength as my PS3, there something wrong ith your internet setup sir
---
PSN: Rizsparky
3DS FC: 4597-0164-7987