3DS Wifi connectivity is god awful.

#31the_NGWPosted 3/9/2013 1:32:01 AM
I can play games online on my PC and PS3 perfectly fine, both through wifi.

I have just about NEVER been able to race in Mario Kart or play online on Kid Icarus while sitting at my PC, it just sits at the looking for a game screen forever before giving me an error.

Yeah, must be my internet. -_-
---
"Do you have the courage to ride with the devil?"
Now Watching: Kamen Rider Wizard, Kamen Rider OOO, Kamen Rider Ryuki
#32PokeMasterPosted 3/9/2013 1:45:55 AM
Sure there's no IP conflicts on your network?

DNS errors? Firewall errors? Other config errors?
I've never had any issues with any wifi product (be it PC, Nintendo, Sony, Xbox, etc)
---
Japanese | Assume JPN Region, unless otherwise stated.
#33thetoughkidPosted 3/9/2013 2:21:55 AM
Lol.....to the last few guys writing in the topic, are you stupid? If you actually read trough the topic, you will notice that he got helpful replies that made him see why he was having Wifi issues with the 3DS.

No need to go all psycho fanboy on him. =)
---
3DS FC: 4656 - 6217 - 3476
PSN: Dupichos
#34RocketZXbluePosted 3/9/2013 3:46:02 AM
good you got it working!
anyways I love my Linksys router, gave me ZERO problems since I set it up!
stay away from Netgear if you can people!
---
3DS FC: 4098 - 2370 - 5638 looking for 3DS friends PM ME (Swapnote, MK7, Code of Princess, Kid Icarus)
PSN: RocketZXblue Steam: RocketZX
#35strongo9Posted 3/9/2013 5:05:24 AM
ITT: There's a problem on my end, so I'll just blame it on the system despite everybody else using it just fine.
---
Want Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, Rayman Legends, and Bioshock Infinite.
i7-2670qm @ 2.2ghz | 6GB DDR3 | 1GB Geforce 540m
#36Alphamale001Posted 3/9/2013 5:13:29 AM
Ever think you might have a faulty system? Mine, 3DS launch and 3DS XL do not have this problem. Neither do any f my friends who come over and use my WiFi on their 3DS systems. Seriously, sounds like you have a bum system. This is not the norm for the 3DS.
---
GT: TWOTONTUN1C PSN: TwoTonTunic
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v410/Kenny_Blankenship/CNNGuyCartridges.jpg
#37abbyhitterPosted 3/9/2013 5:45:14 AM
iMURDAu posted...
Your problem is not typical and you shouldn't slander the system because you don't have your security and/or settings properly set up. I live in a 3rd floor apartment and I get spotpass notifications in the parking lot. I can park at a McDonalds and get wi-fi access. Try troubleshooting your problem before calling something god awful.

This.
---
abbyhaxxor<3
I always rush here to tell GameFAQs my problems!
#38Creator_IzanagiPosted 3/10/2013 12:50:26 AM
abbyhitter posted...
iMURDAu posted...
Your problem is not typical and you shouldn't slander the system because you don't have your security and/or settings properly set up. I live in a 3rd floor apartment and I get spotpass notifications in the parking lot. I can park at a McDonalds and get wi-fi access. Try troubleshooting your problem before calling something god awful.

This.

I agree..

There is nothing wrong with the wifi feature of the gaming device.. I have accessed the eShop a few times and downloaded Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate demo; it all went smoothly without errors and the download was pretty fast..
---
http://www.atlus.com/forum/member.php?u=48367
http://www.gamefaqs.com/users/Creator_Izanagi/games (Updated - Mar. 09, 2013)
#39FroakiePosted 3/10/2013 1:48:59 AM
My XL has problems staying on wifi as well... It sucks.
---
http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/13/134743/2409667-froakie_large.jpg
#40ferofaxPosted 3/10/2013 3:39:58 AM(edited)
AzurexNightmare posted...
iMURDAu posted...

I HAVE tried troubleshooting the problem.

Try listening before you call it slandering. Every system (and everything on the planet) has a flaw and this is one of them.

Yes, it may work for you and that is great. But just because we live in a flawed world doesn't mean that we should excuse a system's faults, especially for something dumb like this.

i have never heard of a device that completely refuses to connect to the internet when the internet is not WEP.

There may be devices that will act SLOWER but completely refuse to connect? That is a problem.

Ahaha, I'm so sorry, but my internet sucks YET I can connect to the eShop just fine. You're trying so hard to nail it on the system in general, when it could very well just be yours. A fluke, an isolated case where your 3DS might actually have wifi problems. Doesn't mean the 3DS wifi connectivity sucks. Nope. Just yours. And I find that very funny.

EDIT: In hindsight, now that you got it working on WEP, the 3DS shouldn't really have any problems connecting to a WPA protected access point. The problem may be in what kind of WPA exactly your router is using. IIRC, WPA has lots of different settings/categories that could potentially not make it work for the 3DS.
---
pardon if my posts suck, i post by tapping on the handset button on a one-way analog handset. i saw Hannibal Lecter do it.