ATV Wild Ride 3D is impressive!

#190sRetroGamingPosted 3/8/2013 4:07:02 PM
Wow.. this game is damn excellent!. better than i expected tbh!.

The graphics:

To my eye they're on point to that of both Ridge Racer 3D and.. OOT3D. i read some comments of people stating they look like low budget N64 graphics.. not the case. they look absolutly comparable to Ridge Racer 3D and the remastered graphics made for OOT3D. very nice looking. great looking 3D. minimal "ghosting" at best.

The framerate:

Very smooth!. i'm guessing runs at 30fps. i'm hearing 60fps both 2D and 3D but i'm not 100% on that. i had the 3D at max and it runs extremely smooth for me. crazy this can run so smooth but SASRT on the 3DS cannot.

The music:

Very good!. some nice rock tunes you can chill to while playing. none so far have been bad nor annoyed me and they fit the enviorments pretty damn well. it's great!.

The courses:

I've only played Tour 1 so far but they're well made. they're pretty short in length but get the job done. performing tricks are awsome and watching your racer catch major air time is a pretty amazing to see.

Online and local multiplayer:

Pretty self explanatory. the game supports up to 4 players both online and locally. personally, i would have liked to see up to 8 player online and locally but at the end of the day it's a minor annoyance. 4 is still nice :).

Overall:

For a remstered digital re-release of a full retail title you can't go wrong with this one. it gives you great graphics, smooth framerate, nice sounding rock tunes, well made courses and both online and local multiplayer for only $8. a deal imo!. very happy with my purchase. highly recommend!.
---
"OldSchoolGaming4Life" on YT/"90sRetroGaming" on mariokartwii.com
#2Furikuri_flclPosted 3/8/2013 4:11:34 PM
Really? Based on the trailer I thought it looked like a PS1 game. Not that it's any judge of the gameplay, but this isn't really my type of game.
---
Now Playing: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Terraria, The Ur-Quan Masters, Nexus: The Jupiter Incident.
#390sRetroGaming(Topic Creator)Posted 3/8/2013 4:23:25 PM
Furikuri_flcl posted...
Really? Based on the trailer I thought it looked like a PS1 game. Not that it's any judge of the gameplay, but this isn't really my type of game.

I never owned a PS1 or PS2 but i'm just going based on my experiences playing Ridge Racer 3D and OOT3D on a constaint basis. with the 3D on (and off) they look like what i see when playing these two titles. they're not bad by any stretch of the imagination.

That's the first thing that caught my eye when i played the first course. it looked like the new OOT3D graphics. i immediatly thought of Grezzo, lol.
---
#4arameakaPosted 3/8/2013 5:45:10 PM
90sRetroGaming posted...
Furikuri_flcl posted...

I never owned a PS1 or PS2

looks at user name...
#5iMURDAuPosted 3/8/2013 5:54:08 PM
I'm on the fence about this game. I want a racer for the 3DS but I'm not into MarioPartyKart.
---
Make the worst possible retailer an exclusive for a masterpiece game.. It's like putting Rolex into a Walmart."
-LordClyde on Gamestop selling Xenoblade
#690sRetroGaming(Topic Creator)Posted 3/8/2013 5:55:33 PM(edited)
arameaka posted...
90sRetroGaming posted...
Furikuri_flcl posted...

looks at user name...

lol. i was more of a Nintendo and Sega kid back then. i wasn't really into Sony or PC at the time ;).
---
#7arameakaPosted 3/8/2013 6:00:03 PM
90sRetroGaming posted...
arameaka posted...
90sRetroGaming posted...
Furikuri_flcl posted...

looks at user name...

lol. i was more of a Nintendo and Sega kid back then. i wasn't really into Sony or PC at the time ;).

i was just messing with you. you walked right into that one XD
#890sRetroGaming(Topic Creator)Posted 3/8/2013 6:01:01 PM
iMURDAu posted...
I'm on the fence about this game. I want a racer for the 3DS but I'm not into MarioPartyKart.

It's a strait forward racer with no gimmicks outside of performing tricks to gain Nitrous. that's pretty much it. you don't throw items at your opponents trying to stop them, no underwater gimmicks or anything. just an awsome racer with stunting. that's it!. it's very good and it's only $8. not $30-$40 like most 3DS racers out there :).
---
#990sRetroGaming(Topic Creator)Posted 3/8/2013 6:04:37 PM(edited)
arameaka posted...
90sRetroGaming posted...
arameaka posted...
90sRetroGaming posted...
Furikuri_flcl posted...

looks at user name...

i was just messing with you. you walked right into that one XD

I know you were. i just wanted to be truthful to your post anyway. i have no shame in saying that :). i was and have zero regrets looking back! :).
---
#1090sRetroGaming(Topic Creator)Posted 3/8/2013 7:26:10 PM(edited)
Here's a quick HQ gameplay clip of the game for those on the fence, for those who care of course:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-2y9hebScY
---