Man I hope Mario Golf World Tour has an RPG mode...

#1PhoenixRushPosted 3/8/2013 11:07:44 PM
It would be perfect to have Miis be characters that level up. Please Camelot, do this! And have online play and you'd have one of the most replayable games ever! I mean it'd be pretty pathetic if they couldn't do what the GBC and GBA did...
---
Oh boy, we're going to the sperm bank!- Sophia Petrillo
#2ImGanondorfLolPosted 3/8/2013 11:09:26 PM
I was never interested in golf games so I was never aware there was a Mario golf game that had an RPG mode. That's bizarre, I like the sound of it though.
#3SMASHKING84Posted 3/8/2013 11:10:31 PM
Me too. i kinda also wish this game had a come back mechanic,because i've never been very good at putting in golf games i always wind up getting boogys
---
Jirachi is the best pokemon
Welcome to my barbecue-kefka ffvi
#4PhoenixRush(Topic Creator)Posted 3/8/2013 11:17:19 PM
ImGanondorfLol posted...
I was never interested in golf games so I was never aware there was a Mario golf game that had an RPG mode. That's bizarre, I like the sound of it though.

Yeah, the GBC and GBA games have it. The N64 and Gamecube games don't. The 3DS won't either most likely since it looks a lot like Toadstool Tour.
---
Oh boy, we're going to the sperm bank!- Sophia Petrillo
#5warlord78Posted 3/8/2013 11:24:53 PM
All it really needs to be successful is to have the RPG component in the online mode like CoD. It take the thrill of competition and multiplies it with the addiction of a leveling system, that's the magic behind CoD's sales numbers.
---
Think of Clevos as being what Mac owners think they have. - Exiled_Overseer
#6VyersPosted 3/8/2013 11:25:40 PM
That would require that Nintendo not be consolidating their handheld franchises into being just like their console iterations.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThankTheBear Subscribe for LPs of Pokemon Snap, The Legend of Zelda, Dragon Warrior, Super Mario Bros. 3, and more~!
#7RocketZXbluePosted 3/9/2013 2:47:52 AM
yeah if it HAS an RPG mode it's an instant buy for me.
if not better have some GOOD online play and a LOT of unlockables
---
3DS FC: 4098 - 2370 - 5638 looking for 3DS friends PM ME (Swapnote, MK7, Code of Princess, Kid Icarus)
PSN: RocketZXblue Steam: RocketZX
#8SMASHKING84Posted 3/9/2013 7:57:49 AM
Vyers posted...
That would require that Nintendo not be consolidating their handheld franchises into being just like their console iterations.

That's not always a bad thing.
In fact mk7 would have been a lot better if it was like mkwii(without the bikes)
---
#9VyersPosted 3/9/2013 11:30:49 AM
SMASHKING84 posted...
Vyers posted...

In fact mk7 would have been a lot better if it was like mkwii(without the bikes)

It usually is, and Mario Tennis Open stands as a perfect reason why.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThankTheBear Subscribe for LPs of Pokemon Snap, The Legend of Zelda, Dragon Warrior, Super Mario Bros. 3, and more~!
#10SMASHKING84Posted 3/9/2013 11:42:06 AM
Vyers posted...
SMASHKING84 posted...
Vyers posted...

It usually is, and Mario Tennis Open stands as a perfect reason why.

I never said there aren't cases of it,i was pointing out there are cases were modeling after the console version is SOMETIMES the best idea.

Another example is sonic generations. it would have been 10 times better if it were like the ps3/360 game and not basically sonic rush 3 gameplay styled. (note:i like the 3ds version just saying the console version was far superior)

Many portable games get watered down in areas like length to fit the concept of portability(this is my main theory behind pmss's levels basically being 2-5 minutes long)
---