Man I hope Mario Golf World Tour has an RPG mode...

#21VyersPosted 3/9/2013 7:55:16 PM
Mxylbobator posted...
It doesn't NEED an RPG mode, but it would be a nice addition. Toadstool Tour is the best Mario Golf due to its repllayability, so all World Tour really needs is good online play.

If it does get an RPG mode, the characters better not be usable online. That would just ruin the game like Tennis was ruined by OP Miis.

It needs an RPG mode to retain what was special about handheld Mario Golf.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThankTheBear Subscribe for LPs of Pokemon Snap, The Legend of Zelda, Dragon Warrior, Super Mario Bros. 3, and more~!
#22MrSpacelySlatePosted 3/9/2013 8:10:07 PM
The RPG never made the game. The gameplay and atmosphere did.
#23MinamoPosted 3/9/2013 8:31:14 PM
An RPG mode as you described sounds like it would be pretty fun. As long as the content and gameplay aren't implemented similar to Mario Tennis Open then it should be decent. I don't want another game with a disappointing cast (6+ Yoshis?) that plays itself with Mii-centric only content.
#24SSJ4CHRISPosted 3/9/2013 8:37:39 PM
MrSpacelySlate posted...
The RPG never made the game. The gameplay and atmosphere did.

RPG Mode IS part of the handheld gameplay. You need to stop trying to defend everything on a Nintendo console so hard simply because it's on a Nintendo console.
---
Pokemon White FC: 0346 8604 2225 PSN: phayro_rip
People Only Like Obama, that's the motto Romney, P.O.L.O.
#25MxylbobatorPosted 3/10/2013 4:05:24 AM
Question to all the RPG fans, do you want the RPG characters to be usable online?
---
I'm a super pro player. It's like I'm Metroid himself in the suit. ~GoukiAkujiki
#26MrSpacelySlatePosted 3/12/2013 6:10:46 AM
SSJ4CHRIS posted...
RPG Mode IS part of the handheld gameplay. You need to stop trying to defend everything on a Nintendo console so hard simply because it's on a Nintendo console.

"Oh the previous games had an RPG, surely this one will!"

It won't. 3DS is basically a console on a handheld, and given how Tennis Open turned out, there won't be an RPG mode for this. Get over it, it's not even good.
#27PhoenixRush(Topic Creator)Posted 3/15/2013 10:52:01 AM(edited)
Mxylbobator posted...
Question to all the RPG fans, do you want the RPG characters to be usable online?

I can't see why Nintendo can't (other than they won't) have an optional Mii only mode, Mario only characters mode, or a mix online. I'd love that.
---
Oh boy, we're going to the sperm bank!- Sophia Petrillo