Wow, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon sure has gotten better

#1melchiahdimPosted 3/9/2013 2:13:51 AM
I bought the original Pokemon Mystery Dungeon on DS back when when it came out (preordered it and everything), and for reasons I honestly can't remember I hated it. It was one if the biggest disappointments I've had as a gamer. So since then I've avoided the games even though my brother is a big fan.

But with the demo being released, I thought I may as well give it a shot. And I've got to admit, so far I'm enjoying it! I can't really say what has changed to make me enjoy it, but I may just give some of the older games a shot.
---
3DS Friend Code: 0516-8714-1928
Vita: Melchiahdim
#2LLL_DeadlyPosted 3/9/2013 2:34:04 AM
Considering the new PMD's story is mediocre in comparison to its predecessors, not really.

PMD2's story is the reason it's the best Pokemon game.
#3RocketZXbluePosted 3/9/2013 2:37:28 AM
horrible text speed, other than that GOOD GAME
---
3DS FC: 4098 - 2370 - 5638 looking for 3DS friends PM ME (Swapnote, MK7, Code of Princess, Kid Icarus)
PSN: RocketZXblue Steam: RocketZX
#4ssbmrocksPosted 3/9/2013 2:39:11 AM
LLL_Deadly posted...
Considering the new PMD's story is mediocre in comparison to its predecessors, not really.

So the new one really doesn't compare to the Explorers story? That's a real shame, at this point, story was the only reason I was gonna consider buying Gates.
---
Them ain't your funyuns, them's Foxxy's funyuns.
#5LLL_DeadlyPosted 3/9/2013 4:30:11 AM(edited)
ssbmrocks posted...
LLL_Deadly posted...

So the new one really doesn't compare to the Explorers story? That's a real shame, at this point, story was the only reason I was gonna consider buying Gates.

Well, I've played the Japanese version, and let's just say it lacks the plot twists and overall impact that PMD2's story had. It's a shame, yes, but the game is still enjoyable.
#6Xtreme-VoidPosted 3/9/2013 4:42:30 AM
what make this game better?
---
PC Gaming Rigs, PS3, XBOX 360, PS VITA, PSP, 3DS
Universal Gamer
#7melchiahdim(Topic Creator)Posted 3/9/2013 4:52:19 AM
Xtreme-Void posted...
what make this game better?

Like I said, I don't know. I don't remember exactly what I didn't like about the original, and never played the sequel. Which is why I feel like I should give it another chance.
---
3DS Friend Code: 0516-8714-1928
Vita: Melchiahdim
#8PuddingchanPosted 3/9/2013 5:57:18 AM
I'm thinking if I should buy too. I really love PMD2's story for its depth and was afraid this one couldn't match it. Maybe I'll try the demo and decide.
#9ryudin89Posted 3/9/2013 7:16:35 AM
LLL_Deadly posted...
ssbmrocks posted...
LLL_Deadly posted...

Well, I've played the Japanese version, and let's just say it lacks the plot twists and overall impact that PMD2's story had. It's a shame, yes, but the game is still enjoyable.

Yeah that's what I had heard as well. Slightly better than the first but worst than the second.
---
GameFAQS=why games should be played and people should be avoided.-selfdeztruction
http://fav.me/d3e91yr
#10andizzle29662Posted 3/9/2013 7:48:42 AM
Graphics are amazing for 3ds.
---
Most wanted: bioshock infinite, 3d mario game for WiiU, pokemon x, metro last light, animal crossing, pikmin 3, luigi mansion 2, and more.