Wow, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon sure has gotten better

#21Swiftblade09Posted 3/10/2013 10:48:13 AM
Puddingchan posted...
Swiftblade09 posted...
LLL_Deadly posted...
Considering the new PMD's story is mediocre in comparison to its predecessors, not really.

PMD2's story is the reason it's the best Pokemon game.

None of the PMD games had a good story

I disagree. If plot twists of PMD2 doesn't tug at your heartstrings you must be either an extremely cold person inside or just already biased towards the game from the beginning or plain uninterested in the game. PMD2 had one of the best stories for a Pokemon game.

That said I also love the backstories from PMD2 such as guildmaster Wigglytuff. What I love about the stories of this series is that they really humanise Pokemon by giving them goals and dreams and not make them out to be just subservient battle tools or pets that people use.

I've tried the demo of PMD3. I do like the beginning but I find that it might probably be better than PMD1, but less interesting compared to PMD2. The 3D graphics are not reason enough to convince me to buy the game.

It seems that you are supposed to build up a piece of land your partner bought and also discover Magnagates/Mystery Dungeons on the piece of land. It plays out similar to the previous Mystery Dungeon games, so I think I'll give this one a miss.

best story for a pokemon game doesn't mean much and I do enjoy the games but people who act like they have good stories irritate me.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Raiz5MAb98Q
Official Salamence of the Pokemon X and Y boards
#22bwburke94Posted 3/10/2013 3:23:16 PM
From what I've seen of the gameplay, PMD4 is horrendous. Just lacking the charm that PMD2 had.
---
Systems that block used games are in violation of US and EU laws.
If Micro$oft tries to do it... CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT TIME!
#23mjc0961Posted 3/10/2013 3:27:45 PM
melchiahdim posted...
I can't really say what has changed to make me enjoy it, but I may just give some of the older games a shot.

It's that more of the demo consists of scrolling through text than actually playing the boring Mystery Dungeon gameplay. I'd guess you like it because you enjoy reading.
---
sirtonne posted...
This topic is so stupid I had to slap my wife.
#24cymanxPosted 3/10/2013 4:33:30 PM
More to the point, the new PMD game is a niche game (more or less). You either hate it or don't hate it. I liked the last one that came out for the DS, it was fun and I do enjoy rogue-likes.
---
"Staying dead." can you imagine?
#25WiiareVenomPosted 3/10/2013 5:59:25 PM
I didn't like that you could not evolve till post game in the first one. Do they still hold youback like that in the new one/Explorers?
---
You must let your anger be as a monkey in a pinata, hiding inside with the candy, hoping kids don't breakthrough with a stick.
#26Furikuri_flclPosted 3/10/2013 6:05:15 PM
If this is better, I can't imagine just how bad the older ones are.
---
Now Playing: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Terraria, The Ur-Quan Masters, Nexus: The Jupiter Incident.
#27Frozenx07Posted 3/10/2013 9:20:20 PM
Never played the dungeon series until this demo. There was waaaaay too much text, just like the Epic Mickey demo. And why are the controls so horrible in dungeons, yet they are fine in town?