I'm getting tired of Dual Screen Nintendo handhelds :( bring back 1 screen!

#1gfaqsterPosted 3/9/2013 5:44:42 AM
It was fun like 8 years ago with the DS and stuff but I just want the next gen Nintendo handhelds to not be "DS" in the title anymore and not have Dual Screens.

Reasons why I don't like Dual Screen Nintendo handhelds anymore.

Hate clamshell design.
the hingest are ALWAYS cheap as s*** and get very loose and wobbly after a few years.
I can still play my Gameboy Color without worrying if hinges are going to come off but I worry about the state of my DS Lite and DS handhelds.

I hate the concept of look at bottom screen for menu or map. Now look up for main game.
Touch bottom screen for actions on the top screen and then there is always the gap in between screens that the DS tries to pretend isn't there.

Is Nintendo even capable of making a unique Nintendo handheld that ISN'T Clamshell?
Hell the even copied the DS with the Wii U so the TV acts like the top screen and the Gamepad acts like the bottom screen.

I just want 1 BIG ass good quality HD touch screen Nintendo handheld and be done with it.
Maybe something like the Gameboy Advance but 3DS XL size and with more buttons.
---
We live to make the impossible possible!
--Lightning--
#2abbyhitterPosted 3/9/2013 5:45:40 AM
No! Keep the 2 screens!
---
abbyhaxxor<3
I always rush here to tell GameFAQs my problems!
#3CubeTVPosted 3/9/2013 5:47:09 AM
I think this might be Nintendo last "DS" thing.

There was the Gameboy (DS), Gameboy Pocket (DS Lite), Gameboy Color (DSi) and now we are at the Gameboy Advance (3DS).
---
YouTube: www.Youtube.com/AdNintendogs
#4gfaqster(Topic Creator)Posted 3/9/2013 5:48:50 AM
abbyhitter posted...
No! Keep the 2 screens!

There is no reason for 2 screens and its just stupid.
1 screen is just used for menus, maps or stupid touch movement gimmicks and the other screen is use for gameplay.

Last time I checked I never needed 2 TV screens to play games comfortably nor did I need 2 Gameboy Advance screens.

I barely ever play touch games and having menus or maps on the bottom screen is just an added option that isn't even necessary.

2 decent quality screens = price of great quality HD screen.

which do you prefer?
---
We live to make the impossible possible!
--Lightning--
#5HellsingOrgPosted 3/9/2013 5:50:17 AM
Yeah I'm tired of the clamshell design too.

I want something completely different hopefully the next handheld will be unique.
Every will probably moan about it not being backwards compatible though >_>
---
The bird of Hermes is my name eating my wings to make me tame.
#6melchiahdimPosted 3/9/2013 5:55:21 AM
I prefer the clamshell design because it protects the screens and dual screens are better for menus and touch screen gameplay.
---
3DS Friend Code: 0516-8714-1928
Vita: Melchiahdim
#7HellsingOrgPosted 3/9/2013 6:05:35 AM
melchiahdim posted...
I prefer the clamshell design because it protects the screens and dual screens are better for menus and touch screen gameplay.

I have an Ipad and Ipod Touch I never ever ever scratched or have scratches on my screen even back on my old Gameboy I never scratch my screens.

Nintendo could simply make an anti scratch screen for their next handheld.
and the Vita has a touch screen but it doesn't have 2 screens.
---
The bird of Hermes is my name eating my wings to make me tame.
#8ferofaxPosted 3/9/2013 7:27:14 AM(edited)
If the next handheld is gonna have backwards compatibility with the 3DS, it's gotta be clamshell, two screens, with touchscreen at the bottom. It may possibly drop 3D, but I dunno.

Looking at Nintendo and their portables, they really like BC and only drop it when the hardware has to go. So! There you go.

EDIT: Also! Just realized, TC wanted the 3DS to be a Vita (HD Screen?). LOL, NO.
---
pardon if my posts suck, i post by tapping on the handset button on a one-way analog handset. i saw Hannibal Lecter do it.
#9trenton97Posted 3/9/2013 7:35:43 AM
DS doesn't mean Dual Screen. Just Saiyan.
---
After I finish life the first time, I'm doing a challenge run.
LttP>everything else.
#10Xtreme-VoidPosted 3/9/2013 7:36:45 AM
TC

you should buy a VITA, everything you want VITA has it.

I don't want 3DS to be VITA, that for sure.
The only problem with 3DS is it games library should have more serious RPG game.
---
PC Gaming Rigs, PS3, XBOX 360, PS VITA, PSP, 3DS
Universal Gamer